1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Sales (2011) discussion - continued

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Jan 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ichimaru

Ichimaru Regolare

Gurgaon, India
    I am kinda sad that Ferrari is not entering India through FIAT.
    FIAT could have easily gotten the necessary brand equity once Ferrari would have been here!
    Only the enthusiasts and a handful of FIAT fans know that FIAT owns Ferrari, Maserati, Alfa Romeo, Lancia, Abarth and now even Chrysler, Dodge and Jeep!
  2. eyeguy

eyeguy

Mumbai
    You tube has a tjet ad with micheal schumaker
    I don't understand much about copyright laws but fiat should run that ad on tv
    At least some people will make the Fiat ferrari connection
  3. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    Considering that Fiat barely sold a few cars every month for the past few months, the January sales of 2179 is nothing to celebrate about. If stock liquidation was the story behind three figure total sales in past few months, then they should have sold much more then 2K units. What this shows is the dealers are still holding onto unsold stock.

Secondly, lets not celebrate yet and start preparing for worst months to come soon. There are better diesel's avaliable and better diesel's coming in our market. Vento 1.6 is already there and socking it to the Linea MJD month after month. Soon we will have the Fiesta 1.6 and new Verna 1.6 in our markets. All diesel cars are boasting of over 100 bhp now. Fiat HAS to get the Linea 1.6 MJD ASAP!!!! There is no way out of this. The sooner Fiat realises this the better it is. And for God's sake, get the gearing sorted out in the Linea 1.6!

And to make a splash, launch the Linea 1.6 MJD, Punto 1.6 MJD & Punto 1.4 TJET on the same day. To hell with the prices, let the Punto 1.6 MJD sell at over 8.5 or even 9 lakhs. Don't go for sales, go for a showcase of your technology.
  4. saugdas

saugdas

Trichy
    Perfect!! People who are buying Honda City or Vento are not bothered about prices. They need a good and reliable product. Let FIAT shed it's cheap making mentaility since as of now they can't even dream of competing with DZire and position their modified and better products in the premium segments.
  5. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    2500 for Jan11 is quite reasonable. Once Fiat comes with small cars the figures will grow more. Just look at the sales figures of Fabia in September and October 10.It almost reached bottom and now it reached to healthy levels. So a very bad performance in some months(for whatever reasons) is not a matter to worry. Other factor for low sales is the fact that Fiats dealer outlets are very less compared to Hyundai or Maruti especially in non metros. No other cars will be as effective in dealing with bad Indian roads. People always prefer for nearby service stations. All Tata dealers are not fiat dealers. Fiat need more dealers and more advertisement to reach out to it's potential customers. Whenever I parked the car near the accessory shop I have seen people coming and asking about the car, performance,price. Fiat cars are attention grabbers unlike Hyundai or Maruti.
  6. eyeguy

eyeguy

Mumbai
    For all about poor sales figures, I am seeing more lineas on the roads in Bombay than ever.
    But very few tjets. More lineas now than at the time of its launch.
    I guess one can attribute it to word-of-mouth publicity.
  7. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    lineas biggest contender will be SX4 diesel along with the others mentioned in the previous posts. once SX4 diesel is out i dont think there will be more takers for linea. no one wants to bet their money on fiat when they have their reliable maruti. and again lineas diesel is not that great either when it comes to power. other cars in its segment is quiet punchy. one of my friend also complained about the linea diesel being too noisy compared to others. and i agree.
  8. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4
    Linea is not a blockbuster hit anyway.... What will sx4 take away... With any engine sx4 will sell as it is.. After all its a maruti. Atleast Fiat will be part of its success now (I assume its coming with fiats mjd i.e.)

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
  9. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    I am not sure what you are trying to say here. There have been reports of problems in Polo and these problems are more serious then bonnet lever coming off and poor fit and finish of plastics. This months ACI has a report of someone having gearbox problem in his Vento which the dealer denied. To add to that, VW didn't respond to ACI's request to look into the issue till the magazine went into press!! All hell broke loose when bonnet lever broke or rear parcel tray broke in a Punto but everything is silent when an i20 has constant steering rattles and A/C issues which the company has not bothered to rectify till date or when a Polo has a gearbox trouble or turbo issues. Hypocrisy?

We are taking things too far when we say Fiat products can't compete with Dzire. Forget Linea, even the Punto is better engineered then the SX4 forget Dzire. I have owned a SX4 and I also own a City now so I know what I am talking about. The SX4 is crudely built and has cheapness written all over it in the way it drives and even in the way simple things work like window's closing & door's shutting. Sure the Fiat's fit and finish of interiors is worse then what we saw in the Palio in 2002 and maybe even what we saw in Uno in 1995! Damn Fiat for these things and I am with you. But saying that the Linea can't compete with Dzire in quality is surely taking things too an extreme level.

If Fiat deserves to be crucified for interiors in Linea / GP then Maruti deserves the same treatment for making the horrendous and crude SX4.

The City deserves to sell the way it does. In many respects it's a much better car then the Linea. Yes, it is reliable and does almost everything well and excels in none. Full credit to Honda and the City for what the car is.
  10. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    I agree with your point. In fact I was in TASS for for some minor problem and I met an Punto owner who is also having Civic. He told me that his punto drives better than Civic. So I don't have to mention about Linea. Honda car's are great in terms of reliability and fit and finish.

Once the Fiat small cars come they will redefine the comfort level of the small segment. It will also boost the premium segment sales indirectly. Why the honda or hyundai cars cannot be matched with the comfort level of Fiat cars in terms of ride quality? Fiat might have heavily invested in research for designing it and one cannot expect that it coast nothing. What I want to say is that if fiat want to give the super comfort drive and a extremely premium interiors(which they can do in a better way than japs if they want) it will coast more. So they have done some compromise on interior which I think is decent for its class.The kind of compromise is different for different cars. For example Honda concentrate on engine and interiors but they are not great in ride department.

Now if we look at the buyerss there are two kinds of buyers. One set of buyers know what they want and they have specific choices and they know which car is
    suited for their choice. Other group do not have any particular choices and they don't have any idea about the strong and weak qualities of a car. They are the majority. They will make market leaders. So one should not judge the cars with sales figures.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.