1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Sales (2011) discussion - continued

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Jan 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    But unfortunately we lave tons of people who cannot distinguish between Oranges and Lemons. That is the success of Tata, Hyundau etc.
  2. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Orange is sweet ,either drink as juice or eat it as a whole. it costs rs5-10 per piece.

lemon can be pickled,garnished on salads,on cuisines,juice, with wine, etc. for rs5-10 you can buy a dozen or two.
    Sill Orange is orange and lemon is lemon....no need to worry.
  3. These type of quotes can just satisfy us who own a fiat but the truth is that manza s slowly becoming a major success for tata whereas linea s already a sales dud. Dont know whats in future but this is the present situation and we ve to accept it. Herd mentality cannot be the only reason behind the success of tata, hyundai, maruti and for that matter even VW. All these must be doing most things right, which please the customers and ultimately transform into sales.
  4. GirishRaghu

GirishRaghu Amatore

MH-15 / MH-04
    Thane
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Hi Team,

Punto and Linea figures dont make for a happy reading. I was expecting a 4 digit sales figure for the GP, as it was a festive season, but the going is getting tough for Fiat :-(

If you see, the good old Amby is selling more than the Linea, of course the customers for these 2 cars come from different layers of the society but still.
    Swift sells like hot cakes and so does I20, can't imagine whats wrong with GP ? When it comes to ride and handling the GP is miles ahead of the Swift & I20 but then the sales figures don't justify the car that GP is.

Wake up Fiat!
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2011
  5. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    How can I help?

Kind of people who have taste like me is rare.maybe all in TFI has similar taste.

I owned a Tata Vista and upgraded to Punto90hp.

both car was seen and experienced by a friend of mine. moment he entered in Punto he did not like the darkish interior. he said vista had lighter tone with more auspicious looks.

with a deeper thought at centre console he said, vista was much better,this one looks more complicated.

after a while he said vista was more spacious and airy this punto feels suffocating .

vista was comfortable on ride (read as swinging body roll he enjoyed it as advantage).

I assure you he is a high school head teacher from rural area who have no idea about difference between Fiat or maruti or tata but planning to buy a car.

This is how world around us is . how can we help it? I have always felt I am an alien here.
    we have to live with whatever scarce options we get to fulfill our dreams.
    even manufacturers would be forced to come down on knees when market shares majority of these kind of demands.
    Some manufacturers are indifferent to minority and they go with what sells best. some stick with their ethics of betterment.
  6. GirishRaghu

GirishRaghu Amatore

MH-15 / MH-04
    Thane
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Well, I never liked the Vista. I never liked the dashboard design with dials in the centre. It might be a bit more spacious at the rear but it definitely can't match the GP in ride, handling, and looks. Not to mention, the GP's diesel engine which can the conferred the award - "National Engine". I don't know about Vista and as far as V2 goes it has more space at the rear but then it has got a small boot. I think every car manufacturer has to make this call - more legroom at the rear or more boot space.

These are just my thoughts on the Vista, no hard feelings please.
  7. \
    Exactly what i meant to say... each and every customer has his/her own preferences and chooses the car acc to those. The car that sells the most is the one which satisfies the wishes of most of the customers which today is space, comfort and interiors. WHether we like it or not, handling is not on the minds of the buyers except a select few like us. SO to say that our preferences are right and others not will be wrong. The only way forward for FIAT is to make a car that satisfies the wishes of majority of customers, of course retaining its iherent qualities like ride, handling and looks alongwith. If fiat s able to do that, there s hope still. else doomsday is not far away.
  8. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Very few men will dare to marry a smart women.I repeat SMART. But they can appreciate. So we cannot blame our smart Fiat cars.
  9. i have started to wonder if i already own a rare vintage classic car called FIAT grande Punto just after 6 months of buying it ..given the negative sales .... where as sitting here on 38th floor of my apartment in Tokyo, i should be thinking about my project schedule and deliverable 's for tomorrow , I am more concerned about my CAR :carsome 7000 Air miles :A:Aaway , frustrating to see ....

Linea is already a Vintage classic and turn is for punto . Only if morons at fiat understand all this and act..

Could some body pls give me phone no of their CEO , won;t mind calling him and putting in simple question ." why they are not generating sales and are behaving like duck with their heads buried in a desert Sand"

I have started to serious doubt their commitment towards indian market now.. they have turned around chrysler in USA, a saturated market already and are ignoring a big market like india / china ...where every auto manufacturer ;s future lies
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2011
  10. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Yeah i agree with you, The Mods along with us should draft a letter to the CEO from TFI asking Y are they so cool about the sales figures and not acting up to do get the 4 digit figure sales every month, while they are selling the engines to their competitors and they are selling their cars like a hot cake and the punto / linea are just standing in the showrooms with huge discounts and yet not moving out, Why the hell they don't understand that's its clear that the Tata is is one who is killing the Fiat. Or are they waiting for the sale to be Zero then suddenly get up and act.....................
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.