1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Sales (2011) discussion - continued

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Jan 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Why blame the top management when the strategy itself is wrong here. Fiat India's bosses have to realize that this JV is not at all going to work for them. I hate to enter Tata showrooms for buying a premium product. Many of my colleagues were afraid of Fiat just because the service is taken care by TATA. Even if I tell them its not bad, they refuse to believe me.
  2. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    Based on my experience of buying the TJet, it appears that at the moment there is not much Fiat can do. Probably once Fiat has its own showrooms, distribution network, advertisment control, vendor selection and Fiat ASS then things could improve.

Since there is almost non-existant action from Fiat inspite of falling sales it could mean that either
    - Fiat is waiting to take things into its own control from next year OR
    - waiting for some approvals from Fiat Italy. Since India is not generating much revenue, maybe Fiat Italy is giving low priority to Fiat India. Due to this Fiat India could be suffering

At the same time I would also like to add that the joint venture is not the exact cause of failure - people today have a lot of choices available and if they feel neglected by the dealer/manufacturer they are bound to swithc over to other brands
  3. vivek_lko

vivek_lko Amatore

Noida
    Guys I was just reading one website regarding the low sales for Oct-2011 . They said that FIAT has very competetive products yet there sales went flat down in Oct 2011 inspite of discounts and other offers. The reason they said is because ever since FIAT announced the setup of independent show rooms ; the TATA showrooms have totally dumped trying to sell FIAT as they now dont see any incentive in trying to sell it, realising that ultimately its possible that FIAT will come up totally on its own.

---------- Post added at 07:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:47 PM ----------

here is the link as well : http://www.indiancarsbikes.in/cars/...its-question-fiat-india-hit-rockbottom-50997/

4. It is sure there is a tremendous problem for spares with Fiat cars, you can find lot of threads related with delay service due to no spares at service station. Even for Palio MJD - just 3.5 years old (within warranty period) facing spares availability and owner finding some jugad to run the car.

this create news in market. "Gaadi to achi hai but spares key bina nahi chalegi, Sir"

Fiat need to find, what the competitors saying against Fiat. I remember in 2009, when we brought Swift for my brother: during TD, when I asked why Swift not Fiat with sales executive, he was explaining one of the known Palio kept ideal for last 4 months due to spares not available. thus resell value is too low. Sir Maruti means Service.

Same comments when one of my know buying a Sudan and Hyundai executive giving reference of one of the know customer : Sir due to some spare parts Skoda kept ideal for so many days. Its under resell, and going very cheap.

I remember the Words of Kabir

Nindak niyare rakhiye, Angan kuti chawai,
    bin pani sabun bina, nirmal kare subhaiy

Keep your critiques close to you, let their hut be in your courtyard,
    That way you don’t need soap n water to cleanse your nature.
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2011
  5. Srini

Srini Regolare

Chennai
    Forget about strategy. Are they doing enough to boost the sales. I just got a call from FIAT Pune asking me whether I am interested in buying a Punto and asked if I have taken a test drive. This is for a TD / shown interest request I have made in the FIAT website during early part of September. I already got my Punto back on October 6th and have driven her around 1500 KMS already. Who is to be blamed for this. I gave my piece of mind to the guy talked with me today morning.
  6. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Srini , you should asked the guy to bring the TD Punto to your home or at least where he could see you with your own Punto. then he would understand his folly very well and probably gave his "piece of mind" to authorities .
  7. Srini

Srini Regolare

Chennai
    See what TATA is doing.. link from a different forum

2 & 3:
    I wrote a letter to Tata Motors - regarding the same.

Not only did I receive a prompt reply in writing and by phone,
    http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post2395323 (Tata's lean run in passenger car sales!!)
    they also sent me a scale model of the Manza,
    http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post2395323 (Tata's lean run in passenger car sales!!)
    above all
    on 18th July - they told me about the Celebration Edition - to be launched in September 1st week!

Unlike OTHER companies who are busy trying to deplete their inventory at the expense of the poor customer (read VW & their sister concerns)
    Finally the day that we had all been eagerly waiting for - arrived.

On 9th September I got a call from Tata Motors HQ - that the 1st 50 cars have rolled off the assembly line and bookings open on 15th September.

Would you be interested?

I almost screamed YES ! into the phone.

Well - what do you know!

15th morning - I got a call from Wasan Motors - that Tata Motors has instructed them to contact me.
    They came to my clinic with a test-drive vehicle (Elan - not the celebration edition)
    With a new brochure for the Celebration Edition.

and ....

It was done.
  8. I dont think the JV is the only cause of the failure.. If this would ve been the reason, then even tata vehicles would not sell. How come indigo series and indica series sales ve increased and linea/punto sales ve reached a record low. There is much more to the low sales than this JV.
  9. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Now Manza CS is going to come. Now Tata will try to place it against Punto. The way Fiat sales going down and Tata sales going up, it looks like it is well planned , than just the marketing failure of Fiat. On TASS I have seen more Fiat accident cars dispalyed than Tata cars in front of the service station where people park their cars. This may give a negative image of Fiat against Tata. If we see the statistics there should be more Tata cars.
  10. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    ^^ Why are you guys comparing Oranges with Lemon ? what is Linea and where is manza?

Kahan raja Bhoj or kahan gangu teli ?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.