1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Sales (2011) discussion - continued

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Jan 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Torpedo

Torpedo Amatore

Bangalore
    And at the same time, Nissan has seen a 164% growth in sales !

Fiat cannot claim that the poor sales is because of overall market conditions - it is just that they are not serious about advertizing their capabilities like the other manufacturers. Just a 30 second add that talks briefly about passion and only appears on a few channels few times is NOT going to help. They should learn from Nissan's advertizing strategy - even my 18 month old daughter who is just learning to say a few words says CAAAAAR when she sees one, and the only reason is because she has heard it over and over again on TV and Radio and now thinks that is how CAR is pronounced :)

I don't think (and do hope that I'am right) that the FIAT officials are stupid about this, seems to be intentional for some reason to keep their marketing low key - but why?
  2. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Some time it is really paining to see low sales figures of our brand. I asked my self many times how this really matter to me? On the other extreme I also have India's best selling car Alto. Having alto doesn't give anything special to me. So actually it doesn't matter how much of cars are sold. As far as availability of spares are not in a pathetic condition, simply enjoy the comfortable drive of the car.
  3. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    :shockedI I I really donno Y the hell sdales is not picking up for such a great and good looking car,
    Now as they are also offering a huge discount and also we can see FIAT Advertisements on the Tv Channels????, then Y Y the sale is dropping down.
    I doubth may be the enquiry is been diveerted to Vista and Manza, as they are well aware that FIAt will start saperate dealership for the sale and service of their cars, so just change the mind of people till they are set with the new showrooms with Vista and Maza ::pP
  4. pdranjith

pdranjith

Chennai
    IMHO, FIAT should really try and come up with a better strategy of selling their cars if they are serious about the Indian market. I guess the idea of having independent showrooms for one is a good start

I don't own a Fiat, but have booked one and my experience with pre-sales so far has been nothing but Shocking. I wont go into too much of details, but first it was about the TD vehicle, never could get my hands on a Punto 90HP, one of the sales guys at a dealership when asked about a feature in Linea replied back saying he only takes car of Punto sales...common give me a break...how many models do they have yet, made me wait for an hour and then came back saying the TD vehicle had some issues. Tried out different dealers none of them have a 90HP TD, one dealer called up offering me a TD in one of the customer vehicle, and also said that he can arrange a new one for TD:eek:

After all this, I still was convinced that FIAT did have wonderful cars in terms of the Punto and Linea, so on the 30th of sept, 2011 with my friend, Ramjn, a TFIan's advice and guidance, booked a BNW Linea with a dealer known to him, but sadly have been allotted an April make Linea, which is like 8 months old already, had expressed my concern and wanted a latest version at least of July make, to which I get a reply that FIAT has stopped production and is clearing its stocks, poor sales forecasting. With these kind of basic hygiene issues, do you think FIAT will ever do better, guess not.
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2011
  5. nk4FIAT

nk4FIAT Superiore

Hyderabad
    Hmmmmmmmmm. Same feeling Tony. I am having strong opinion now.
    Indians prefers ugly looking cars!!!!!!!!. The more ugggglllly more seeeeeelllllllllllllll. But why????????
    Now Fiat is Advertizing, many showrooms are there, no spares issue, overall quality is good, cars are stylish and most beautiful, engine is national engine. Who is killing FIAT and why?
    What could be the reason??????????:confused:
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2011
  6. gopscreative

gopscreative Amatore

Chicago
    Off Course its the great TATA!!!
  7. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Can Tata Compete with Hyundai and Maruti with their home made engines. The answer is no. Tata is simply using Fiat. They are rebuilding the brand in India with the help of Fiat. Otherwise there could have been separate Showroom for Fiat vehicles. Suppose if Fiat sales are like that of swift or i20. Then how the Tata service stations will manage all these vehicles. While they drafted the JV did they anticipated such a low sales. Again I am forced to look in to VW way of doing things. Why they didn't sell their cars in already existing skoda showroom.
  8. Bhai... even refreshed models are not going to help but refreshed top managements of FIAT will surely help............. :)
  9. PuntoMJD

PuntoMJD Amatore

Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I have also same question who is killing FIAT? but peoples still not believe that no spares issue, quality is good. Today's date who care about build quality, ride quality, stylish and most beautiful. Nissan Sunny sold 1000+ units in October then whats wrong with Punto and Linea?
  10. pdranjith

pdranjith

Chennai
    +1 to that
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.