1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Sales (2011) discussion - continued

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Jan 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

622 is way too low but not surprising. We always felt its going to be tougher for Fiat. But this sounds future is coming too early.

This is reality.

Whatever might be said...

Be it manufacturer to dealer sales (argument came earlier)
    Be it Linea and Punto being the best, out of the world products (if not best, Linea and Punt) do not deserve such low figures.. Unless Fiat does ... Well we discussed this multiple times.

Be it customers not "knowledgeable". Is customer responsible for it? Or is Fiat responsible to make customer aware to improve word of mouth with consistent quality, consistent Superb service, consistent availability of spares, no niggling issues etc etc etc what was already discussed earlier repeatedly?

For the reality is 622 is way too low for being profitable for longevity of business. No matter those 622 are extremely happy (like they got a god's gift to mankind product!) which is highly questionable for it won't be only 622 then.

Can one say that 622 Fiats are bought by only the "knowledgeable" and Fiats repeat customers? Are there only these many "knowledgeable" customers in the country? Can Fiat survive on only a handful of repeat customers? Repeat customers means excellent word of mouth with extremely satisfied customers with product and services- if that's true why sales not increasing and plummeting to new lows MoM.

I wonder if anyone can explain how and why only 622 ? Though this sounds repeatation, am still asking looking at various posts on forum of late.
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2011
  2. Ichimaru

Ichimaru Regolare

Gurgaon, India
    Well one of those is mine :)
    Moreover, I have seen three new Puntos and a couple of Lineas being delivered this month by ABS Motors Gurgaon.
  3. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

When I bought my Linea in October 2009, Linea was selling 1000+ a month. Now, the number has dwindled to 100+ in two years. With these declining numbers, even the hard-core FIAT lovers will not touch FIAT products with a barge pole. Perhaps, FIAT India is happy to play second fiddle by supplying engines to the other leading manufacturers.:(
  4. teky

teky Esperto

Cool guys, Fiat india just wants to get attention from Fiat Italy I believe lol

But why did they stop producing linea 6 months back is still a mystery to me. Also the SA at chennai was very happy that he had met the sales target which would be the same everywhere?

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk
  5. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

I'm afraid this 622 is going to have a domino effect on the sales.

Buyers who are currently sitting on the fence will think twice before committing to buy a car whose manufacturer is able to sell only 600 odd cars. The vicious circle.
  6. It doesn't say about the backlog of previously manufactured cars, so actual sales could be higher.
  7. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

FIAT is happy using the Pune plant to manufacture engine for the competitors. Now that Suzuki contract done, FIAT car business will dwindle.

I have no hopes on FIAT, unless something magic happens. A diesel car below 4L with good mileage.

FIAT Brazil top selling car for the month of October is UNO (11K Odd sold)
  8. jumu

jumu Superiore

Guys, dont worry about the sales figures , if they happen well and good, otherwise just enjoy the car. Dont worry about spares. they are available in many places outside of TASS and cheaper too.
    Fiat may also be turning down the production of the current models to match the Auto expo start up for the new versions of both cars and getting on with a a fresh start. In cricket there are only two innings for a team in a test match, but Fiat is used to playing many innings until they win the game :)

9. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    I like this. :clap
  10. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Even me too. But should we expect new (at least refreshed models of current car) in Auto Expo at Delhi. Lets see....:consfused
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.