1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Sales (2011) discussion - continued

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Jan 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kaps

kaps Superiore

I am home in Jammu and to my surprise, I am seeing a large number of Linea and Puntos here. Jammu is essentially a Maruti territory, so seeing so many Fiats here is really amazing. When I came home last year, Fiats were totally absent, but this year, I can't believe what I am seeing.
  2. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Dear Kaps the days of maruti has gone buddy. every one is aware of the technology and taking right decisions, I can only say people who buy FIAT will never repent its a mean machine much ahead than any other in the segment.
  3. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I think it is other way round which is true in real life. fiat is diminishing day in day out. people are least interested in tough expensive car except in niche market.
    fiat cars sometime definitely do make upmarket cars feel ashamed, but what for?
    In today's world a 700kg rocket with best FE is what attracts people. even school kids are talking about carbon fibres and light weight plastics.
    Fiat cars and its form has become ancient and obsolete.

still i think I am from old school and love my fiat the way it is.
    typical pleasure is unmatched.!!
  4. Toruk_Macto

Toruk_Macto Amatore

The perception in indian market is different.

For Good ASS - People will choose Swift.
    For Good interiors - People will choose i20.
    For Good Space - People will choose Vista.
    For VFM - People will choose Figo.

For safety - Well. Does anybody care about it?

Fiat excels in the areas which are not visible,
    Strong built - Not visible, can only be felt
    Ride & Handling - Not visible, can only be felt
    Best suspension - Not visible, can only be felt
    Steering - How many people know hydraulics is better than electric ?

Fiat either needs to be more visible or market their positives well. Otherwise only those, who knows Fiat provides basic things right, will buy Fiat.
  5. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

FIAT's presence in the marketing arena has definitely increased compared to what it was a few months ago.

Will that translate into sales? No one's ready to bet.

No one is ready to shed their preconcieved notions about FIAT. Even if someone like SachinTendulkar were to go door to door enlightening people about Fiat, i'm sure plenty of people won't let him enter their house. The predetermined biases are so strong.
  6. Toruk_Macto

Toruk_Macto Amatore

Correct Gurjinder bhai.

One of my colleague went on praising my new punto. But when he had to chose, he chose Figo. I asked him why he did not go for Punto (which according to him was best in class and VFM), he said, "Tension kaun lega yaar Fiat ka?"
  7. anoop

anoop Superiore

Your friend correctly echoed the emotions of majority of car buyers. FIAT is an unknown quantity while on the other hand Maruthi \ Hyndai etc are known because every one's uncle, cousin, neighbor, boss and the guy in the big house have them - if the car is good for all of them, it should be good for me too.

One of my close friend wanted to gift a car to his parents. His parents gave him only one condition - the car should be a maruthi. This is their first car and they do not have experience with any car brands, but they want to stick with Maruthi because that is what every one around have.

Last weekend, my brothers colleague asked me to help him choose a car - he said his first preference is Maruthi Swift and i asked him what made him choose it. His answer was "mom and sister loves the shape, so I want to buy it". I asked him to go ahead and buy it by all means. If he want to buy a car even with out a test drive, with out thinking what is suitable for him, let it be. Some times, people should learn from their mistakes.
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2011
  8. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Grande Punto 1.4
    The recent focus on advts may help improve the numbers, which have been falling recently. I think the 2-3 advts (small advts culled out from the master version) that appear frequently on most of the national and regional channels are creating some visibility and awareness. Though not a big fan of the "we are passionate about everything we do..." script, I think some popularity is better than no popularity. FIAT is passionate about everything except selling what they design and develop well. Engines may be an exception, which is selling well!
  9. jubthomson

I am seeing more Fiat cars on road now days than earlier. I don't know this is because after I bought my Punto, I started noticing the Fiat cars on road... But surely there are more. Is it because of the offers going on from past 2-3 months? I don't know.
  10. Toruk_Macto

Toruk_Macto Amatore

@jubthomson, The same is happening with me and my dad. It's not that Fiat is selling more cars. It's nature's phenomenon. Remember the first line from Madonna's song "Frozen" - You only see what your eyes want to see :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.