1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Sales (2011) discussion - continued

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Jan 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maverickxx2006

Maverickxx2006 Amatore

Pune
    I was having a discussion with one of my friend (who is working in Fiat's Ranjangaon plant) as to how Fiat can cope up with such falling Linea numbers and what Tata is doing to help out.

I almost fell down my chair when he told me whats actually going on the "assembly lines".

Apparently, even if Linea has say 500 confirmed orders and if Fiat has targets for that, Tata puts a pressure saying Manza has more boking numbers and it almost hijacks the assembly line and Fiat is forced to cut down on the Lineas that are being rolled out. As a result, Lineas arent being produced as planned and arent sold (even if there is a demand). There have been lot of heated discussions between Fiat and Tata management on this. Its like big guy bullying around.

So Fiat is getting bullied both at front(sales) and at back(factory).

May God help Fiat reclaim its glory...
  2. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    Maverick, while booking the TJet+ I got a chance to take a look at the FIAT inventory list. There is a huge lot of FIAT cars lying in the FIAT warehouse. What will FIAT do after producing more cars when existing cars are not getting sold?
  3. Maxtor

Maxtor Amatore

New Delhi
    Good question Read this news http://www.moneycontrol.com/news/business/fiat-india-to-sell-lineasri-lanka_591626.html

Cars not getting sold because of poor reputation in a country? No prob-lame! Move them to another poor 3rd world country which will have a few people who can afford Linea, and where governance is weak so that company is not threatened in case of allegations of poor quality.Then let the circus begin. Keep moving to other small countries like Vietnam, Laos, Bangladesh etc and keep pulling out when you have problems from customers.

Thats what 'global' means to Fiat. Not expansion of production capacity for other markets, but moving UNSOLD vehicles to another country because of poor reputation and frustrated customers in one country! Sri Lankans are laid back and its a completely different market though.
  4. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Actually, these 2 statements are opposite to each other:

• If Fiat customers are the ones who have good knowledge of Fiat, then will the separate showroom really make a difference? For those customers have good knowledge of Fiat and are inclined to buy.
    • Customer Walkin is the key word in your post. How many prospective customers in 5-7 Lacs hatch segment or 8-10 Lacs sedan segment know about Fiat, Punto or Linea leave aside thinking about it as an option to check.

Obviously, such huge investment in separate showroom may make a difference but am not sure that it would be negligible or enormous to turn around Fiat fortune.
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2011
  5. Actually what I meant was, a person wanting to buy a FIAT will buy a FIAT no matter what he has heard or seen or what the sales guy dishes out regarding TATA cars, classic example is "ME"..... :)

A first time buyer or someone wanting to upgrade to a cheaper car has many options in TATA and what the sales guy says is the final word and not what the customer wants since he is left confused.

A separate sales outlet and with good ads will help FIAT in a way....lets keep our fingers crossed.

PS: I am not self praising but I have made 9 of my friends to buy FIAT.. 7 GP's and 2 Linea's
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2011
  6. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Kedarbendre,what you did not know that having converted your friend from Vista to Punto,you will become a friend turned foe in a few months!
    How pathetic is Fiat's state,it's not being able to sell it's car,while Maruthi with the same engine has 90,000 bookings for it's new Swift,each one of the 90,000 waiting patiently for their car,in the same way Fiat is waiting for a customer.
  7. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    :) thats true Bala...but here in Pune I got good A.S.S. Support at Pandit Auto as Punto 90HP is my 2nd Punto. I got good A.S.S. support from Pandit for my Petrol (which I sold and bought 90HP Punto). Now lets talk about my 90HP, for this car also I am getting good A.S.S support, I dont require to take so called appointments for minor issues. I got free car wash few times at Pandit Auto. The service advisor is my friend and he really takes efforts for FIAT cars.

I already introduced my friend to that service advisor so I am sure that he (my friend) will get good support from FIAT.
  8. Toruk_Macto

Toruk_Macto Amatore

Ghatkopar-Mumbai
    I came across one of my friend's cousin, who is working in Nissan. My friend asked her how Nissan is able to survive with small number of sales and very few service centers. Her reply was logical. She said "They do not intend to sell too many vehicles. Every dealer is expected to sale 3-4 cars per month (prior to sunny), which will be Nissan's break-even point for no profit-no loss situation and that's it. What they want is to have satisfactory sales, because they do not look at india as volume markets (as of now). They are currently making profits in manufacturing cars in india and exporting to asia-pacific region."

I am sure Fiat must have similar plans as of now. Imagine, The huge cost Fiat has to incure for setting up own dealership, service centers, supply chain etc etc. They are happy with Tata tie-up, with few unsatisfactory customers.

No company in the world thinks of customers first. They see their profit feasibility and then, think of what can they do to improve other things.

Yesterday, one of my friend gave his swift for servicing. He had to take appointment 15 days prior. He returned with lots of anger. He was asked to collect car at 6 pm. When he went there car wasn't ready. My friend had problem with hard clutch. They did not even look at that problem. He forced service center guys to wait until his problem is resolved. (Normal time to leave for service center guys till 6.30 pm). Initially they asked him to come next day, but he asked them to resolve the problem on the same day. They did some R&D for 1 hour and told him that the problem is resolved. As soon as my friend started to drive, he noticed that he was not able to take reverse. He showed them again and shouted at them. They took the car again for inspection and imagine what they did ? They opened another swift which came for servicing, took out some part from it and fitted into my friend's swift. My friend was furious and asked them why the hell they are removing parts from someone else's car? They very soft heartedly told him "Kya karega saab, store bandh ho gaya hai". Since, my friend shouted at them, they did not charge him for that particular part. But what about the guy from whom the part was taken? I am sure they will charge that guy for the part.

This is worst. This is cheating. I think Fiat is much better. My friend has decided he will never visit Maruti authorised service centers. His car is out of warranty. God knows when will service center guy remove some good working parts from his car and fit into some other car.
  9. Narayan

Narayan Regolare

Chennai
    To me, this looks to be a bigger problem than the 'showroom/sales' issue for FIAT. If FIAT does not have control over the assembly line etc... how can we be rest assured that the car would be of better quality than the TATA cars? Do we know if the quality processes etc. are the same between TATA and FIAT cars that are manufactured from the same plant?
  10. pemmasg

pemmasg Regolare

Chennai
    To me exclusive FIAT Service center with skilled ones makes lot of difference. Lots of people know Fiat has great vehicles but they are afraid of service. Just new showrooms are not sufficient there need to be new service stations as well.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.