1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Sales (2011) discussion - continued

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Jan 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Srini

Srini Regolare

Well said Kedar. Hope with the decision to open exclusive sales centers will do the trick and they will follow suit with service centers once the sales picks up. I spoke to the concorde gentleman in chennai and one dealer has sold around 30 GP's this month and he tells that this is a good number.
  2. I feel Fiat is fortunate that it has customers who care for their car and also for the company it makes. Only few brands have that loyal fan following. As Kedar puts, I don't think discussing here is useless unless some eye in the Fiat office reads this. How are we going to convey our worries, anger and suggestions to them. I am sure it will definitely help them. Do they really follow our forum

3. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Thats what I was trying to Say Nandish. If we send a mail with all the details which we are discussing here to FIAT, What reply we should expect from FIAT.
  4. I think we can do this
    Collect information from this thread about all possible practical suggestions given by our forum members
    Make a report of it, I am sure any one of us would be more than happy making this
    Handover the report in hand to their office , I guess its near Pune and also mail it in their CEO corner
    Some one can represent the entire Team Fiat community with them and get us their response to us.
  5. Fiat fans already sent some 50 pages report to there HO and local CEO. check the PUG on yahoo.

sales drop month by month. so this time need to give some extra suggestion. Say change the name Fiat to "MS" :)
  6. Vroom

Vroom Amatore

A few days back was waiting outside the domestic airport in Mumbai sitting inside my Punto. A gentleman knocked on my door and asked me if I worked with Fiat. I said "no", he said sorry and also mentioned that he wanted to get hold of someone from Fiat to give them a piece of his mind and that he owned a Fiat earlier.. :p. Looks like he was one really unsatisfied owner and I didn't delve much into this with him :D.

Fiat really needs to really take care of the bad mouthing and lousy publicity that they gathered over the past few years..
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2011
  7. nk4FIAT

nk4FIAT Superiore

What a pity. Such a beautiful and stylish babes, they are not able to sell and see MS and others; they are selling ugly babes.
    Its something like You should have capability to sell refridgerator in J&K and Heater in Rajasthan.
    I have never seen such a dumb company !!!!!!
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2011
  8. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

We have been discussing over past months on how to increase FIAT sales:
    - open FIAT exclusive showrooms
    - open FIAT ASS
    - remove niggles by improving quality processes

But it appears that either FIAT is not interested in implementing such changes or it is very difficult for them to make such changes.

As per the current plan from what I heard from showroom guys, it is being proposed that FIAT cars shall be on a separate floor (and not separate showroom). Even if the showroom is separate but owned by the current TATA dealer it shall not help as there is a possiblilty of the same salesmen that are there in the FIAT showroom. The quality of salesmen in FIAT showroom is pathetic -they do not have any knowledge on the car and lack good communication skills. One has to constantly follow up on them.
  9. sungoa2010

Sales figures are disappointing. More disappointing is the biased criticism about Fiat cars in other forums. I had read some reviews praising the new swift against Punto in driving departments. So to get a first hand experience I have test driven the new swift (petrol) and I would say it is no way comparable to punto. If swift is electronic keyboard Grande Punto is a Grand Piano. I felt a boxy feeling and missing the classic feel that I get in Punto. My opinion cannot change even if the punto sale come down to a single digit.

Fiat should think seriouslyey about the iIndianan operations. Except in Fiat, multijet is boosting the sales of others(look at Beat,Swift,vista). Multijet has changed the diesel engine perception of common man. But DDIS has taken the brand from fiat. If punto were the only vehicle using the multijet then swift will not see the current level of sales.

Linea(and only linea) need a 1.6 as early as possible. Give a turbo to 1.2 FIRE.
  10. L0dest0ne

L0dest0ne Novizio

New Delhi
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I am a very new owner of a 90 hp. My perception is that to break their current perception Fiat needs both its own sales & service centers. My own experience has been less than satisfactory with unseemly delays on delivery. And now a week after delivery, I am yet to get my number! The attitude of the Tata staff is too lackadaisical and they are in no way interested in promoting Fiat. However, the sales manager at AutoLinks, New Delhi told me that a Fiat only service centre was already under construction in Okhla and that it would be ready in 5-6 months. I cannot vouch for its veracity though, considering most of his other promises didnt hold up :0
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.