1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Sales (2011) discussion - continued

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Jan 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    We being customers of FIAT are caring abount FIAT sales....and FIAT does not bother to launch new car/engines in INDIA.

FORD was also known for pathetic A.S.S. and then they launched Figo at unbelievable price with great features and it worked. Now whats the problem FIAT, Cmon launch new car under 4 lac.
  2. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I think volks wagen dont have any under 4 lack car . yet they have good sales.
    It is not about the segment but the quality at least for "eyes".
    Tata have all range of cars yet they are not much anywhere in competition.

what is required is improvements on what fiat has in its hand presently.
  3. Maverickxx2006

Maverickxx2006 Amatore

Pune
    If there is a miracle, only then Linea sales would go northwards and breach the 1000 level figures. Herculean efforts will be required for this though. Breaching 1000 levels for Punto shouldn't be that difficult.

Again, its just our wishful thinking and analysis. God knows whats going on in Fiat and Tata's board room (or bored room shall I say?)
  4. Maxtor

Maxtor Amatore

New Delhi
    I don't mind even if they slash the price by say Rs 50k or even a lakh and do some aggressive marketing, not chocolate type festival season ads. If they are raking in so much from diesel engine sales, it shouldn't be a big deal. If you go to any showrooms and workshops you'll observe that the staff has already lost interest in fiat cars. I was at both places just yesterday.

FIAT COME INDIA ON, START WORKING!! Ambassadors sell more than Lineas and the ten year old model Indica sells way more than Puntos. Sergio from italy made a few calls and met Ratan Tata and sold those engines to Maruti and Tata, you didn't. Now YOU should sell the cars, it's your JOB!!! Maruti and Tata are your big customers, but don't leave your individual car customers stranded on the road to hell!
  5. Maverickxx2006

Maverickxx2006 Amatore

Pune
    I'm seriously getting same feeling when Fiat shop was shut down for Uno, Palio...I have owned these two vechicles and now have Punto and Linea...

But since Fiat has invested so much and is surviving on business of powertrains, I feel they will some how carry on the show. Question is how long. Sales of 150 odd for a car like Linea is un-sustainable business.
  6. gopscreative

gopscreative Amatore

Chicago
    Fiat, please start new marketing campaign. Stop those Chocolates adds and get a good brand Ambassador.How about roping the Little master:dance.Yes he was the one for Palio S10.Why not for Linea? Sachin means a lot in India and definitely it will help.And please start advertising something like "Half of the Indian diesel mills running are FIATs".Most of the people dont even know that Swift uses Fiat's Marvel!!
  7. Raj21

Raj21 Novizio

Secunderabad
    Maxtor Mate,
    I do not know about other areas but the fiat team in concorde dairy circle is a great team. Especially balaji and nishant. I would recommend them anyday. They talked well, negotiated reasonably, brought a very good TD car and just kept their end of the deal even when the distribution system of tata-fiat jv made me give a pause to the whole deal. hats off to these guys. I have been to the dealership about 7-8 times each time I see some prospective fiat buyers being taken care of and people receiveing GP's and lineas in front of me. Seeing is believing and I believe they are doing good. Other dealerships need to match the way these guys work.
  8. niranjan_81

niranjan_81

Pune
    Going down down down. I hope they don't go out. I have a very new Fiat Punto with me. please Fiat Please :-(
  9. Maxtor

Maxtor Amatore

New Delhi
    @Raj21 - I seriously wish there was a concorde in Delhi so that I could say something good about their workshops. I was at the workshop recently(once again) and I don't want to write about it.

@niranjan_81 - Just enjoy the drive.

According to the latest Fiat news Fiat India is going to export Linea to Sri Lanka and focus on exports. Add exports to priorities after selling engines. Good way to clear excess stock since Linea numbers are dwindling. I wonder that Indian customers of Fiat cars are going to matter less and less.

Logan numbers had also dwindled but then picked up, maybe Fiat could do a case study and apply the learnings on their sales.
  10. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    IMO Discussing about the FIAT sales on this Forum does not increase FIAT Sales. FIAT should do something to improve its Service Centers. They should work on exclusive FIAT Service Centers instead of FIAT Exclusive Showroom. I dont think this will help FIAT to get good sales report at the end of the month. But yes if they work on Exclusive Service advertise it properly then it will helpful to FIAT to gain some Brand Value.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.