1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Sales (2011) discussion - continued

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Jan 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Punto - 678 (Aug - 954)
    Linea - 140 (Aug - 113)

Source - team-bhp
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2011
  2. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    <DISAPPOINTMENT> [out of disappointment]-Probably Punto sales saturated and now it's time for some growth in LINEA's numbers. -[out of disappointment]
  3. The best way to boost the sales of Fiat is infact we the customers who already have Fiats should convince at least one other person to buy Fiat. Two would increase their sales exponentially, one can definitely do lot of Good to them. I have already started convincing by bro-law to buy Fiat though he is looking for Figo. </disappointment>:cool:
  4. Your idea is similar to the story in the movie stalin(telugu)
    It basically is help 3 people, ask them to help 3 people and help spread this message.
    And very soon this world will be full of people who are helping but no one to ask help.

For fiats replace help with buy fiat

Due to some unexplainable reasons my facebook id has changed.
    The name of the new id is six speed twin
    Add me up please. Unable to send requests
  5. given the current sales, i am really concerned . it;s been going down south like anything and the guys in fiat are in deep slumber and been sitting duck in the market. With their relation ship with TATA;s On edge already, i am getting mixed feeling off lately. I am just hoping against hope that y decision to buy punto doesn't back fire one day . I already went against wishes of whole family to buy punto and i a feeling scared now .

How can we shake up Mr rajeev kapoor and company. I suspect if he is capable enough of turning around the fortunes of FIAT in india. Mr sergio need to get some fresh blood. A Person with manufacturing background cannot turn around their fortunes. they need some body from sales / marketing to head them ...

Only if wishes were horses ..feel like banging my head into a brick wall....
  6. gopscreative

gopscreative Amatore

Chicago
    FIAT will not exit India , because of its Indian manufacturing plant.Fiat has invested a lot and planning to make India its export Hub in the near Future.Whenever I go to Concorde Bangalore I see a Linea or Punto ready for delivery.The how come so less numbers?:confused1I think Bangalore is the city where most of the FIAT's are sold.And for service appointment I have to almost wait for 1 week.Even my friend with his Swift doesn't wait for such a long duration.Are the numbers given by FIAT misleading?
  7. Maxtor

Maxtor Amatore

New Delhi
    Have written this before but actually Fiat is doing well in India and laughing all the way to the bank. As you are aware the Fiat diesel engine powers many popular cars like SX4, Swift, Ritz, Manza, Vista and their numbers bring the money for Fiat. Unlike in Italy and other parts of the world where they need to sell cars, here they are required to sell only engines and they earn huge profits.

They are really not bothered about how many cars they sell. Are they bothered about customers? Well, they're not because if they did then by now they would have put into place some decent service network other than horrendous Tata workshops, at least in the metros where 90% of their cars run. I have to visit the workshop regularly and each time is a new nightmare and I am too tired of them to even write about them.

Car rides well, good handling etc. but I avoid discussions where people are discussing cars - no one has anything good to say about Fiat or their cars anymore. The newness and beauty of their cars is a thing of the past with new fluidic and fiesty cars taking over. I never bought a Linea for the resale value but did not foresee the embarrassment of driving a failed car.

Next time you pass a Tata showroom take a look inside. Customers throng the Manza with the Tata sales guys smiling next to the Tata cars while the Linea and Punto stand alone in a corner. If you are still wondering why read the first paragraph again. If you own a Linea or a Punto, start thinking of your next car because the numbers are the writing on the wall.
  8. Narayan

Narayan Regolare

Chennai
    Im not sure how the numbers are too low.... for Punto. As said by gopscreative, I also observe a lot of Puntos and Lineas on the road than what i used to see 6 months ago probably.... may be im wrong... or is it due to the number of cars sent from fiat to dealers vs number of cars sold by dealers... in a month !
  9. Lets not loose hope my friend. Apple sold 1 Mac to every 99 PC. Though the product was better than Windows, people still preferred PC. Time changed and the better deserved the due. Look at where Apple is today. If Fiat has genuinely good cars, it will definitely sell. All it needs is some fire within their office and some help from delighted customers.
  10. Maxtor

Maxtor Amatore

New Delhi
    Ok so festive season has begun now and here is CHALLENGE FOR FIAT INDIA!!!!

GO AND SELL 2000 GPs and 1000 LINEAS for month of October. Come on Fiat India, get up and move your butt!!! After all you have to justify your existence!!! I have seen your festive season ad on TV where you show Linea as though you are showing a chocolate box. Your competitor is Honda/Hyundai/VW/Ford etc not Cadbury's. Consider changing your ad agency first. Look at the Ford Fiesta TV ad and copy it if nothing else(if you do remember to change Fiesta to Linea, in case you forget).

Friends on the forum, do not be under the impression that no one from Fiat India reads all this. They all read it right from sales executive to CEO. I know for a fact that the workshop manager in the terrible Tata-Fiat Gurgaon workshop that I go to reads it. It's just that they are to shy to come in and say something here or I didn't want to be too blunt, but here it is - LACK OF OWNERSHIP for their own company and company's products. They hide behind their engines which they sell to Maruti and Tata and pat themselves on the back at the end of the month.

Put fire into your bellies and sell, sell, sell Fiat! Take this as a challenge to prove something if not anything that you drank milk from the right source in the beginning ;-). Remember and here is some encouragement for all of you at Fiat including the sales team, the best thing about being at the rock bottom, at the bottom of the pit, is that the only way to go is UP!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.