1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Sales (2011) discussion - continued

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Jan 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gurus

gurus Amatore

BLR/AZ
    Not sure what is happening.

Passenger Vehicles
    The passenger vehicles business reported a total sale and distribution offtake of 27,137 nos. (26,319 Tata + 818 Fiat) in the domestic market in September 2011, higher by 6% compared to 25,527 nos. (23,877 Tata + 1,650 Fiat) in September last year.

http://www.tatamotors.com/media/press-releases.php?id=709

Guru
  2. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
    27137 is higher than 25527 by 6%.
  3. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Whats GNG ON, can anyone please get us the exact sales figure of FIAT cars in India, i was hoping after the launch of the offer the sales figure to reach 4 digit.....
  4. gurus

gurus Amatore

BLR/AZ
    I think as per the above link the total FIAT sales for sep 2011 is 818. Not sure about the split though.
    Where can we get the split?

Guru
  5. nitinkumardba

nitinkumardba Superiore

My cousin was looking for a new car. I suggested him Linea accordinig to his budget. We called Oberai cars and test drive vehicle was on the door in 30 minutes with 5K+ odo reading. I can say that this was worst linea which I drove till now. Exteremly poor alignement. Exteremly poor balancing. My cousin denied to go with Linea with any thought.

Another customer also test drobe same car prior to us. I am sure he also had gone on same way. This kind of car fitness make sure that the customer will not buy FIAT.

I think we as a Fiat fan should call top officials of FIAT and inform about this. Altleast dealer should have good test cars. If someone comes to take test drive , dealer should make sure they sell car to him.
  6. Sumit

Sumit Superiore

Munger
    its really distrubing to see such sales figures. wake up Mr.CEO or u still happy with the sales figures.
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2011
  7. jayakrishnakola

jayakrishnakola Regolare

Bangalore

something similar happened to me, the testdrive vehicle had met with an accident before and features like ac, power windows and even the suspension was totally wrecked. but i had fixed in my mind to buy a linea so went ahead and bought one.
  8. Sumit

Sumit Superiore

Munger
    change in indian boss is a must and it shud happen asap. FIAL are losing precious time by postponing to dec'11.
  9. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore
    @ Nitin,

I had similar experience when we took Punto test drive from KHT Motors. It was very difficult for me to convince my colleauge to buy Punto. Later he went on to buy Swift.

For my requirements i had requested for Linea 1.3 MJD, they took nearly 20 days to get a test drive vehicle. Reason, car met with accidents and needs repairning. The one which they got had AC problems.

The TJet test drive car was in good condition, probably because it ran only 800 odd KMS.

Test drive cars leaves a lasting impression. Yes this is a concern area FIAT has to address.

Thanks
    Vasu
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2011
  10. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    The same thing happened with me also When I was planning to buy my first car. I test drove Skoda FABIA Petrol and the the car was in worst condition so I dropped the plan to buy Skoda FABIA and bought FIAT Grande Punto 1.2 Emotion instead of Skoda Fabia 1.2 HTP Ambient. ;-)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.