1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Sales (2011) discussion - continued

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Jan 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    No point in bringing new models without doing the ground work. FIAT should spend the next one 6-12 months for building own dealership and service network, and also needs to rebuild the brand image. With the existing brand reputation, any new model can only fail. The new advt that started appearing recently TV channels is good start. FIAT just need to take it forward from there, if they "seriously" want to capture the indian auto market.
  2. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Agree with you. FIAT should initially start with changing peoples perception about FIAT. As our fellow TFIan Srida had mentioned, his friend was surprised to know that FIAT has got so many features. His friend was not even aware that FIAT had power steering & power windows (ridiculous isnt it ?) and that too he is from a city like Chennai (if I am right). So advertisements - advertisements it's the best way. See how wonderfully TATA is promoting Aria. Their Safari ad was also too good. The ad should invoke some kind of confidence feeling on the viewers. Even before coming up with a model say for eg new palio, even if Fiat is planning to bring it next year, they should start the ad now itself. It should be like people are expecting something that they really wanted.
  3. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    For the car that FIAT is planning to launch in 2012, they need to start building the expectations now itself by talking about the high-funda features that are available in FIATs at a lesser price. Generally, FIAT cars give a lot of features, but claim/advertise very less. This should change.
  4. nk4FIAT

nk4FIAT Superiore

Hyderabad
    Yes i also feel the same. They should keep target of achieving 2000+ Puntos and 1000+ Lineas by this year end.
    Around 3000+ Puntos and 1500+ lineas by Q1 of 2012 and then launch new model.
  5. sharninder

sharninder

There have been multiple rumors of Fiat launching the Linea 1.6 MJD this year or early next year. I really hope Fiat launches that car and gives some competition to Vento and Verna. Even though the CEO has shot down rumors of any new car launches in the near future, I think the rumor has some substance since this will be technically just a new engine, not a new car. I'm hoping beyond hope to see a Fiat revival in the country.
  6. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    sharinder forget about the new car...the crappy management of FIAT is sleeping in their cabin & waiting for another Economic Failure in INDIA. Take an example of Linea sales number since last 3 months
  7. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    FIAT needs to wake up and do something otherwise it shall become increasingly difficult for them to survive.

My friend decided to book the Etios Diesel. I somehow convinced him to atleast test drive the Linea and the Punto. I took him to a dealer. The sales guy was hardly enthusiastic about the car. I was busy explaining about the car while the sales guy spoke few times. My friend did like the Linea drive but complained on the ergonomics and the ground clearance. Then he test drove the Punto 90 HP (he was more inclined on the Punto as it was cheaper than the Linea). Punto test drive vehicle was in a very bad shape, tyres did not have proper pressure and the vehicle was moving pretty slowly compared to the Linea. Seeing the condition of the test drive car he was very disappointed and he is again bent on taking the Etios

I have faced similar experience while test driving the TJet+. Only 1 dealer had it in the proper condition for test drive. The other two had hardly used it and it was moving as slow as the NA 1.4 one

People like us may go in for a Fiat, but if the test drive vehicles are maintained in a shoddy manner the common man shall reject the vehicle and not even think twice about it. Its high time that Fiat has proper processes in place so that things are standardized across different dealers. While opening Cafe's is good for the image and advertising, there are problems in Fiat processes at grass-root level that need to be rectified.
    Hope the top honchos at Fiat are listening (well no evidence on this part till now from them :-( ) and they act fast
  8. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Yeah, we all have been trying to ,since last 2 years, but they have thick tank like skin. nothing works.
  9. nk4FIAT

nk4FIAT Superiore

Hyderabad
    @speedjet: very sad story. FIAT must be loosing at least 1000 customers for linea and Punto every month becoz of shaddy attitude of Tata salesman. Anyway they have already decided to open Cafe and separate FIAT showrooms. Hope things will improve with dedicated FIAT salesman and service engineers.
  10. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    FIAT India started exporting Linea Petrol to Shrilanka.

First batch will of 72 Lineas out of which 50 Lineas alloted to Sri Lankan Air Force officials. Here is the reference
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.