1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Sales (2011) discussion - continued

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Jan 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pran

Pran Superiore

Grande Punto 1.3
    I agree with you for all the points except for the power, I did a test drive of the New Fiesta and felt really sluggish, all the way till 3500rpm range and 90km/hr, comparison is against my Punto.
  2. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    Another example of how the Fiat brand has fallen out of mind's are the auto shows on air.

This week saw Overdrive & Autocar shows on TV, both devoted the entire episode on the Frankfurt Auto show.

Both the shows focussed on Peugeot & Renault but completely forgot or decided to ignore Fiat. While OD has traditionally been against Fiat for some reason, Autocar has always praised Fiat for what it's car's offers.

It's amazing that people are excited about cars from Peugeot that has just bought land in Gujarat for it's factory & Renault that has just launched a over-priced excuse of an SUV but ignore Fiat whose forte in small cars should be very relevant for India!

Fiat is not on our radar anywhere. The first & biggest challenge for Fiat is to inculcate the brand Fiat in Indian's minds when it comes to them looking to buy a new car. The rest can be attempted later.
  3. Once the Fiat Dealerships are up, Fiat should start bringing more products. A Small car to compete Alto and another in between the small car and punto. Also a Sedan above Linea. A SUV from Fiat is a must which can prove to the indians mind that fiat is also one of the best Car makers. With such a wide range, Fiat can hold the buyers from going for other brands. Example Maruthi: A Girl wants a small car. The Family heads straight to the Maruthi Showroom. The Dealer shows Alto, Estilo, Wagon R, Astar. The family will not realize that all the cars have the same dimensions and platform. If the Family can spend more they are shown Ritz and Swift. So a buyer is given 6 options to choose from which is more than enough. They dont have to go out to other showrooms. Time and resources are saved. Even if the Family is not satisfied they head to Hyundai which has got 2 options i10 and santro and another small car in the line. The prebooking and booking experience will itself be interesting and Fun in a Maruthi showrooms with so many options to look around. In case of Fiat, with just 2 cars the prebooking experience itself is gonna be boring. With linea out of their reach and the punto not in their requirement (small car). Maruthi is cleaver in this. They built 4 different cars on the same platform with same dimensins and what not, and gives a buyer 4 different options to choose. Really cleaver. Only if someone mentions that all the cars have the same characters, the buyer is not gonna think about it. Fiat is a Long timer in the car market and it is really not acceptable to have just 2 cars in their showcase.
  4. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    FIAT should launch array of MJD cars in India as Petrol prices are going up like anything. They promote the Diesel Technology for these cars.

Panda1.3 MJD
    New Palio1.0 MJD
    New Uno1.3 MJD
    Freemont2.0 MJD
  5. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Fellows one thing we are forgetting here is whatever engine Fiat brings to India, they have to share it with TATA. So if they bring 1.0 MJD palio for 4 lakhs, TATA would bring 1.0 MJD Indica for 3.25 lakhs. So this is why even FIAT is hesitating to bring in more engine options to India. Well I strongly feel this could be one major reason. But a 1.6 or a 1.9 MJD is a must to change people's perception of FIAT being underpowered car.
  6. Narayan

Narayan Regolare

While I agree with your thought that Fiat will have this kind of issue with TATA when they bring in new engines, i feel, Fiat is at a stage where it is getting close to do or die kind of a situation. So, even if it is a competetion within their partnership, i think Fiat needs to bring in these new engines so that there are more choices offered to prospective buyers.... rather than just 2 models...

Good listing... imagine if we have so many models lined up in a FIAT showroom in India ........ Fiat would be much more respected !
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2011
  7. Doublo shouldnt come to India. No matter how good the car performs, the look of the car will spoil the FIAT's image further. In my opinion Doublo is the ugliest car made by Fiat. New Palio, New Uno and Panda will be a Nice product line for Fiat but the Names should be changed. Anybody wud say Uno and Palio were failure models.
  8. Narayan

Narayan Regolare

I agree with you on the names part... Fiat needs to change them to change the preception of people here..
  9. Avinash

Avinash Amatore

United Kingdom
    Linea 1.3
    Guys... Is it ok if i copy a link and paste it here from "someother" automotive forum, here, to let know of a poll??? And yes, it's btw ANHC, ANHV, nd the beast T-JET! :)
    @mods: Pls remove this post, if it's illegal, according to TFI!
  10. teky

teky Esperto

Something in the lines of Maruti Palio, Hyundai Uno & Mahindra Panda ;)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.