1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Sales (2011) discussion - continued

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Jan 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. multijetter

multijetter Regolare

I request to all team fiat members and moderators, if anybody has the contact with leading auto magazines, then please tell them to show comparison of 1.3 Fiat Linea E Pk with Hyundai Verna 1.4 crdi, New Ford Fiesta Diesel, Maruti SX4 DDIS and Corolla Altis 1.4 Diesel. By this everybody will come to know who is the winner....
  2. nk4FIAT

nk4FIAT Superiore

Now the era is of "managing" everything. I think almost all comparison shows are strongly managed which shows clear inclination towards specific brand.
    FIAL team is so dumb that they are not able to manage production(quality)-sales(in time) n service(A.S.S), when they will manage all extra-curricular activities.
    We really are in a confused state.
    Are they really dumb? or
    Tata is not helping them? or
    FIAL team is good but FIAT, Italy has no preference to India? or
    Everytime their actions are late as compared to others? or
    Tata & FIAL both together don't want to push sales for FIAT? or
    Are they having misunderstanding that whatever they are doing is too much and can't do beyond this?
    Is it a fate of FIAT in India?
    Endless qeustions???????? No answer!!!!!!!

many questions but no answers.
  3. Here is the comparision between new Verna, new Fiesta, Linea, SX4 and Vento. I do not think FIAT has focus on India otherwise any marketing fellow would have understood what needs to be done. Unfortunately, we cannot do anything about it. If I had not been to TeamFiat during my car research, I would have never bought FIAT. Most of the Indian still think of taxi/padmini with the word FIAT. Even I got same response when I informed my family about buying FIAT :p.
    I believe it is time for face lift or add come up with something for MJD version.
  4. sid_10000

sid_10000 Regolare

Linea clocked 100 odd units in Aug... A sad truth for a car that great.
    Top Gear Mag had a comparo of the new fiesta with TJET and TJEt scored over it too... There is no car below 1 million INR that performs / handles / pampers like TJET still there is no visible marketing strategy to sell it. Till there is a brand building and a aggressive campaign Linea can be an extinct breed soon.

I guess we have written about it many times but there are no positive steps from FIAT anymore.
  5. Pramit

Pramit Amatore

drop the baggage

I think FIAT desperately needs to change it's strategy in India. It needs to drop the baggage i.e Tata ... which is not only eating away a part of FIAT's sales but also getting the technology which makes the Tata cars as good as Fiats on the paper.

If not the complete partnership then at least break the retail partnership and establish your own stores. I am sure that will give FIAT a much needed boost of image.
  6. anoop

anoop Superiore

I think FIAT is moving in that direction - read at many places that FIAT is looking into opening its own showrooms by next year - this new showrooms will be exclusive for FIAT, but will be managed by the existing Tata-Fiat dealers.

What FIAT really needs is a good marketing strategy. India is a market ruled by the heard syndrome - Many people thinks in lines like "If 3 of my neighbours brought XYZ brand car, then that must be a very good car. I will also buy the same brand".

One of my close friend was in market for a new car few months back, and his parents wanted him to buy only Maruthi - their reasoning was, every one is buying a Maruthi, so we also must buy one.

As long as FIAT does not do a marketing campaign to pull the right strings in the heart of the common man, their sales will be low volume.
  7. multijetter

multijetter Regolare

Thanks sly.cooper.....
  8. pbraghavan

pbraghavan Timido

I do not know if we can believe the August sales figures for Linea.
    During my visit to Bangalore recently,I could see lot more lineas than Ventos on Bangalore roads.
  9. Avinash

Avinash Amatore

United Kingdom
    Linea 1.3
    Me too... I find more Linea in chennai and pondicherry! But the sales figure is bit shocking! Can't believe!
  10. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    For those of you who believe that sales are not as bad as are being made out simply because of the number of cars you see on the road and for those that are shocked by the sales figures, you need to see how many cars are being produced. Sales is just one part of how a product is performing in the market. When we look at production and sales together, we get the real picture.

So, prepare to be shocked.

Fiat MANUFACTURED 33 Linea's in August & SOLD 113 units. You don't need to guess how much stock Fiat are carrying. Add the stocks that dealer's are holding & then look at the nos of unit's manufactured and you will realise how dangerously Linea is sinking.

I am not a business whiz, but, I really don't know how any company can survive by making a volume car at the rate of 1 car per day!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.