1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Sales (2011) discussion - continued

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Jan 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Grande Punto 1.4
    Then is TATA lying in their monthly press release aboput sales figues? The sales data published on TATA motors web site, on the Press Releases page.
  2. teky

teky Esperto

No one is lying, that's the dispatch numbers from Tata to dealers. There is no way to gauge sales at dealerships.

A friend of mine who booked Linea last week had his car despatched this week, however the car is May manufactured, so does Fiat produce lots of cars and keeps them in stock?

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk
  3. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    Those who don't believe that Fiat sales are sinking are simply refusing to recognise the reality.

The sales we see here are sales from manufacturer to dealer. If a car is selling well, dealers will take more cars. If dealers take more stock, manufacturer will produce more. Isnt that simple?

In May, Fiat manufactured 1514 Punto's against sales of 1303.

In May, Fiat manufactured 907 Linea's against sales of 845.

Clearly, stocks are adding up.

BUT, sales figures can be misleading. How?

Figures of Honda from May 2011:

City production 1200 , sales 1828. Clearly, they were holding stocks and hence production was adjusted.

Jazz production 0, sales 170. Tells a lot doesn't it?

Have any of you driven to Chakan? You can see a huge compound of a logistics company full of VW's parked awaiting despatch to dealers.
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2011
  4. samurai84

samurai84 Amatore

I got an info my dealer that PUNTO sales are picked up in the month of July.... Now all the new bookings will take minimum 15 days for the delivery itseems!!! Looks like FIAT is rocking :)
  5. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Linea 1.4
    Doesn't Fiat India produce cars for export?

Also, there are 2 things I clearly notice :
    1. The lineas and puntos on the roads in Mumbai is growing
    2. Almost 99% of people who I know bought a new car recently did not buy Fiat just bcos of fear of the TATA ASC and /or Fiats past.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
  6. Even in Bangalore there are lot of Punto's and Linea's,when i brought the car i was in exclusive club but no more in it now!!
  7. aaaa...

i just want to say one thng..we all knw wht FIAT is...its best in terms of handling,ridequality..and d engines...so it really doesn't matter wht are fig. are coming i kn...u knw...Fiats are increasing day by day...and whtever the thng is im a gr8 fan of FIAT and always will be..i luv my linea and tht's only matter.FIAT ROCKS:cool:!!!
  8. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    maybe it is highly localized factor.

When i bought my fiat i could see only 1 or 2 fiat per day.

Now i can see 10-15 per day. i am sure my count is not repeating.
    I am seeing linea regularly in front of couple of shops.
    Daily seeing 1 or 2 punto with "for registration" board.
    1 or 2 well modified puntos.
    2 or 3 model driven by senior citizens.
    lot of new fiats in front of showroom.

The sales may be going down or up statistically but i cannot agree nothing is happening.

punto and linea is like new buzz in our city. They seems like new cars to eyes of common man and people are curious about it.
  9. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3
    even am seeing lot many fiat running in Delhi NCR roads these days.no wonder we can't be at par with verna n vento numbers.fiat may you lead the league soon...
  10. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Even I am seeing lot of Puntos in my city and mostly 1 or 2 For Regn puntos in a week at the place where I work. One of the sales executive whom I know has a target of 25 cars this month and he is sure to do 30 this month. The figures had already crossed 15 in 10 days.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.