1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Sales (2011) discussion - continued

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Jan 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    I had to wait for the windshield replacement for my SX4 too. What my Maruti dealer said was that windsheild's are generally not kept in stock with any dealer's due to it being a fragile item and hence prone to damage if in stock with them.
  2. Windshield generally sold by exclusive shops (I don't know why ? ), like batteries & tyres, and warranty not available on windshield but 100% cover by insurance company.

They (service centers) can easily get from exclusive shops, and keep the customer happy.
  3. Not to Worry

Hey Guys..
    I just had a talk to Fiat 1800-209-5556 abt FIAT sales of july and the person said tht the production of Fiat cars in july is of 3500 cars and in which 1000cars they keep in stock and rest of thm are of booking ...which makes it clear tht 2500 cars were sold in month of july:p:cool::drinks .he said tht report of july month sales is completely false....nw dun knw...who's ryt...!confirm it frm ur dealer too..:D
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2011
  4. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    vidit, to whom did you talk to ?
    BTW are these sales reports generated by the company themselves or are these outsourced to some other management analysis companies ?
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2011
  5. i had a talk with Mr.Mahesh Sharma...!
  6. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    my home being near to tata-fiat service centre i often see some officials. i spoke to one of the guy about bad fiat sales for which he laughed and said who said. he said fiat is doing as much as it can but yes fiat need to do better. here in kannur itself we sell minimum 20 car every month,every SE has target of 5 cars here.

for the booking and sale of other cars he said.(he worked with maruthi dealership before) they show booking numbers which finally most of them get cancelled or postponed . but the dealers show the total monthly bookings to manufacturer which would be 100-200 but end of the month the sale would be 30-40 and this booking number adds up to coming month also "
  7. sungoa2010

Atleast the increasing number of vehicles that I see on roads contradicts the low sales numbers.
    Jayadev, How come the company give booking numbers as sales numbers? Any idea from where these data is coming?
  8. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    i have no idea about anything.
    but i can imagine doctorates and chanakya kootniti behind all these. cleverly they can create a hype for calculated gains through tv,prints etc. i have seen lot of reviews on tv and magazines and figured out 99% are bogus . not only for entry level cars but also for higher end cars they tend to speak what people wanted to hear.
    many people i knew bought i20 because they believed it is safest car having all euro ncap rewards and everywhere it is written as well and we all know how foolish it is.
    now i20 is getting old time for polo because it is unbeatable german engineering .
    when nothing works then mileage run with arai figures guess how many of them would be getting half the arai figures?.

tata fiat is sincerely trying to be cheap and low on expense as far i have noticed. there are expensive cases as well but their "remain low on pocket" attitude or desi attitude is what is weak point other manufacturers have been blowing off.

mahindra cars like scorpio and xylo have dirtiest plastic quality , fit and finish but nobody speaks of it. failure rate and expenses rate of mahindra car (with crdi,abs,auto tran etc)are severe but nobody complains why? because they have it covered.
    mahindra is also leader in taxi and uv segment like tata yet tata-fiat is unpleasant undesirable with taxi image etc..!!!
    somehow i feel tata-fiat has not taken this international politics seriously and going with desi style buziness which is good for at least we indians.
    suzuki goes with 52.4% share of indian earnings what would be the returns from 2.4% for 1+lakh car per month manufacturer.
    tata fiat is still 50-50.
    i have very little knowledge in these , but i can smell fishy everywhere looking into auto industry.
  9. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Though Ford is not known for its service, When I needed to change the windshield of my Ikon some 7 years back, it was readily available. Somehow, I never ever heard from any Ford dealer (Ahmedabad or Mumbai) in 5.5 years ownership that "Part is not available". But then, not a single part (except for Fuel Pump), not even small interior bulb needed a change in 5.5 years due to malfunctioning or whatever.
  10. Thats exactly what i got from Concorde Chennai.
    They sold around 45 cars in July !!!!

These days i see many Punto and Linea on Chennai roads.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.