1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Sales (2011) discussion - continued

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Jan 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Amit I second you. Added to this even though LINEA/ PUNTO had so many features, it was least known to people. Still many are amazed to hear that Fiat has these many features. Atleast if they had advertised it properly, things wouldn't have gone so worse. Just take the case of new Beat Diesel (I am not comparing it with FIAT). See the terminologies they are using. Even simple things, they have termed it as something sophisticated.

Pro-Vario Assist Featherlite - EPS (PAF EPS)

- Smoothest easy drive Electronic Power Steering
    - Human Comfort Technology for higher power steering assist for lowest effort in parking maneuvers & low speed driving.
    - Road speed dependant progressively variable assist levels above 40kmph for increased road feel & optimum vehicle control.

Intelligent Launch Support System (ILSS)

- ILSS ensures effortless launch, specially on gradients in conjunction with Advanced Insta-Torque Boost (AIB) & Electronic Throttle.
    - Electronic Clutch Switch detects clutch pedal has been pressed therefore optimum torque is delivered.

Advanced Insta-Torque Boost (AIB)

- Smart Turbo-charger with vacuum activated wastegate cuts in smoothly for instant torque build-up.
    - Highest Torque per Litre in Mini Segment.
    - Helps during overtaking maneuvers by sensing torque demand & providing instant torque through immediate engine RPM increase.

Smart Engine & Clutch Protection Mode (SECP)

- Engine Protection Mode manages engine torque & power output based on inputs from coolant temperature sensor and engine oil pressure sensor.
    - Smart electronically controlled logic ensures launch RPMs are maintained in the safe zone.
    - Clutch Assembly protection during car launch on grades – specially designed for Indian Driving Conditions & New Drivers.
    - Aids Fuel Efficiency and minimizes clutch wear for lower running & maintenance costs.
  2. multijetter

multijetter Regolare

For FIAT my final message - please launch an advertisement campaign for News Papers/Moto Magazines/Hoardings and Banners/Sensible and attractive adds showing all features/give coupons and promotional offers to customers/take a brand ambassador like (Toyota-A.R. Rehman)/Give consolation Prizes like T-Shirts, Caps in malls/Display Linea and Punto on Road Show/Build a Historical Museum of Fiat near Fiat Factory for brand awareness/Launch a small car within 3 months. this is more than enough. If Fiat will do this for at least 6 month with consistency, they don't need to do any thing for promotions in coming 5 year except launching new models.
  3. rajbajwa

I bought my Linea (Petrol Emo +) in Oct. 2009. Happy with the beautiful product. I still love the car and will want to keep it for at least 5 years. In between I had been to a used car dealer with a friend as he wanted to buy a second hand car. I was just assisting my friend in searching for one. Although I am not planning to sell my car today, Just out of curiousity to know the resale value I asked the dealer how much will I get for my petrol single hand driven 2009 Top End Model Linea with only 11,000 Kms on the Odo.
    Dealer: 'Sir, I would suggest don't sell the car. You won't get anything'.
    I still prodded, 'I want to know how much.' He said with difficulty, 'You might just get about 3.5 lacs if you are lucky'

I then asked that what if I sell after keeping the car for 5 years. How much will I get
    Dealer: You should get around 2.5 lacs at that time. Sir the Linea is a great car. No resale value. You bought it for a reason. Just enjoy your car and don't think about the resale value.

Today after reading this thread and seeing where the Linea sales figures are heading, I have doubts whether Linea will still be in the market after 3 years and I may just get about 1.5 lacs for an out of production model of a flop company. Do you guys remember the Fiat Sienna. Does anyone recall what was the resale value of a Sienna after Fiat stopped producing it.

But then can I do anything. Not much. I'll drive for another 3 years and save enough money to cover the horrendous depreciation when replacing the car.
  4. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    fiat palio was introduced with none other than sachin thendulkar couple of years ago .
    what happened?
    everybody knows about fiat as a lousy brand .
    presently there is negative sales, bad ASS, rusting body, csc failure,brake problems and all sort of worries on owners head.
    even to me these kind of issues are literally starnge as i myself has been using diesel vehicles since sometimes .where regular issues are just brake pad replacement,wheel aignment or engine oil change etc.

unless fiat improve from inside nothing can happen. it is two year or more since everybody said about silly niggles and ASS . how much did they improve?
  5. Viny

Viny Esperto

Here i see my grandfathers era car selling more than my era car :(
    Ambasador sales 200, Linea 175 :(

For sure I am done with FIAT, no more FIAT branded products. I would not buy a ferrari also if it would have that FIAT tag on that.
    Grrrrrrrrrr, hopeless company
  6. Avinash

Avinash Amatore

United Kingdom
    Linea 1.3
    guysss.... NISSAN "SUNNY" is soon gonna hit the roads!!! FIAT india... sleep peacefully...
  7. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Even i see no marketing of FIAT Caffe's opening in Delhi and Pune.... It is we people who know about FIAT opening some caffe in cities else how will common man know about it.

FIAT should better think of rebadging Punto's and Linea's to TATA Punto and TATA Linea and they will surely see the sales zooming...
  8. Tarun

Tarun Amatore

Bhiwani, Delhi
    u guys behaving like worlds gone end now .. :D
    there won't happen anything bad ..
  9. obliex

obliex Amatore

No offense but Fiat executives should wake up now. Just having a hugh fan following does not translate into sales. I always get depressed seeing FIATs sales numbers.

How about our forum sends a strong message to FIAT to better pull up their socks. Just an idea...
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2011
  10. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    one guy i met today was very depressed. he went to showroom and asked for palio ,the showroom guys said waiting period is 5 months. now he is going for ford classic.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.