1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Sales (2011) discussion - continued

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Jan 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    Man That's really disappointing! :(
  2. Sumit

Sumit Superiore

Munger
    it seems we are more worried than Fiat India and Fiat Spa. its hard to understand what do they want from Indian market. just to be a engine supplier or a car manufacturer too. :sad:
  3. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    maybe it is not just realistic figure- 175 linea.
    there are festivals coming up and present new offers and discounts considered .
    i cannot believe!!!
    linea is not such a under stated car in india to have dismal sales. truth is people do like it for so many reasons.
    true sales number could be anything different more than 500 for sure.
  4. a few months back linea was like 500+ units and that was a good number, now with 175 i have my nown doubts about fiat future..
  5. Why don't they sell fiat Punto as Maruti Suzuki Punto. That would be apt..
  6. one customer is from Hyderabad (July month delivery :) )

I am still waiting !
  7. ninads123

ninads123

Nashik
  8. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    Linea's drastic fall was expected. What amazes me is how is it that when a novice like me could see it coming, the experts at Fiat India couldnt?

Linea competitors now boast of a 1.6L diesel engine. Linea looks out of place with that 'puny' 1.3. Tell me, when I can buy a 1.6L diesel for 9.5 lakhs why will I buy a 1.3L one for 8.5? Add to that, the poor gear ratio's that make the car feel even more sluggish. Add to that the fact that Linea's superior build masks speed well making Indians feel like the car is slow. Add to that the fact that the brilliant dynamics of the car make most people feel the lethargic performance even more.

When the Linea came it had features. These features balanced the performance to some extent making most people compromise and live with the little slower Linea over the peppy Fiesta / Verna etc. Today, other cars have caught up with the Linea on the features part too.

Fiat should have launched the T-Jet from day one. Fiat buyer's want performance. Those that don't expect performance start wanting it when they expereince the dynamics of the car. So either Fiat give us performance or 'hyundaify' the suspension and dynamics.
  9. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    i am quite disappointed and angry now!!!

so i am going to drive punto for a while.
    see you all later.
  10. Also Fiat needs to learn to make niggle free cars. If they are making just 175 cars/month they should have all the time in the world to inspect each car 10 times over. By giving cars which have a host of niggles, issues like rusting (I am one of the unfortunate ones) they are just shattering customer confidence (even a Fiat loyalist like me). I believed that Fiat though had niggles was other wise a solid car but rusting is something I cannot accept. There are many prospective owners who go through these forums and any one who is a bit sceptical or sitting on the fence would definitely think about committing a million rupees. I for sure am regretting purchasing this car.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.