1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Sales (2011) discussion - continued

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Jan 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    i just dont believe in small car thingies.that just sound absurd.and makes me feel like a silly idea for ultimate failure from fiat.
    unless fiat price the car below 3 lakh there wont be any special attraction. maruthi alto hyundai santro like cars are already well established in indians.
    tata have all sort car under thier hood yet they could not come upto maruthi or at least hyundai we all know why and fiat shares brotherly reputation there.

look at volkswagen, they are doing well and good ,enjoying premium segment reputation. little bit of extra effort from vw like good attitude,broader service network and better feature will make them indias top car maker.
    what volkswagen, skoda and honda have hyundai, maruthi and tata do not have . if fiat also tries to be one among the former ones then i am sure fiat wont even interest the enthusiast.
  2. ninads123

ninads123

Nashik
    Only good service will improve these numbers and I don't think FIAT is serious on improving their after sales service.

FIAT is not ready to lodge my complaint and they are just assuring me that some senior person will call me in 2-3 days and I don't get any call....

Now I think I did a mistake by purchasing Linea. This car is perfect but FIAT India is ruining it by their poor service...

Anybody from FIAT India on this forum listening??
  3. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    what if punto 90hp and linea t-jet had such an interior or at least an optional one?
    i bet it would have been a deal !!!

fiat-grande-punto-isotta-showcar-text_5.jpg
  4. maverick

maverick Amatore

Fiat should produce niggle free cars and should have competent and efficient service option, or else they are not going to survive. I have a 3 month old Punto MJD and right now its with TASS for clutch master cylinder replacement. They have already changed the right headlamp assembly of my car under warranty since the leveling mechanism was not working. On top of this they have changed 2 plastic parts FOC due to misalignment. So many things getting changed in 100 days of ownership, I really doubt the quality of the car.
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2011
  5. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I am quite surprised over the TFI members itself bashing Fiat for various reasons. I think many of us have fallen prey to the campaign being undertaken by a section of non Fiat owners/Competetors. Let me put my service experience with my previous car Hyundai Getz and currently Punto.

From my heart, I am happy with the service offered by Fiat than that of Hyundai. Period. I know how my car was serviced and how attendive they (Hyundai) were for my requests.

My Service history with Getz
    Incident - 1:My Getz met with an accident in ECR and the car's bonnet was damaged completely. I went to HMP service in Chennai the very next day and all was good with the insurance claim and my car was taken by them. I also requested for complete servicing as it met with an accident. They denied saying that I need to do prior booking for the service. They took for service after a high escalation from my side. Again, what ever the problems reported by me was not at all solved. It was not even cleaned while delivery. Again, I escalated and nothing happened from here.

Incident - 2:The rear light's reflector in my Getz was gone and I asked for the replacement with them. Remember that my car was still in Warrenty. They didn't have that in stock instead they convinced me that this is really not an issue. I reported this everytime I visited them for the service. It was never changed.

My life with Fiat
    One major difference here is that I was able to visit the service station anytime without any prior appointment for smaller issues. Note that Hyundai never allowed me without appointment.

My headlamp's levelling erred once and I went to TASS and they replaced the complete assembly free of cost under warrenty. I am happy with the way they handle the warrenty claims and atleast they were attendive.

My point here is that blaming FIAT for bad service doesn't really make more sense. I am not telling that they are excellent in service. But, they are serious and improving and taking feedbacks.

I can quote one of my friend's service experience with Maruti. He owns a Dezire. The vehicle was heaviliy damaged in an accident when he was travelling from Pondy to Chennai. The vehicle was taken to Maruti service in Pondy. Believe me or not, his vehicle remained there for more than 3 months. The excuse they gave was that they are awaiting parts from Haryana.

There can be bad experience with any car and with any car manufacturer. How attendive they were is more important. In this aspect, I am happy with Fiat so far. But, still they need to mature a lot in A.S.S.
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2011
  6. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    FIAT Linea [175] has joined the elite premium club of Pajero, Jetta, Yeti, et al in numbers. FIAT India is breaking its own record every month in recording lower sales despite having very good products and improved after sales service [my personal experience].:eek:
  7. maverick

maverick Amatore

My friend had booked a Linea based on my recommendation. Once the car reached the showroom, I asked him to do a thorough inspection. There was huge panel gaps on the car's bonnet. When he checked with other Lineas it was not there. The showroom guys told that some cars are like that and they cant do anything. My friend left the showroom after cancelling the booking. If Fiat is not serious about the quality of the cars they are going to loose big time.
  8. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
    Fiat sales are inversely proportional to driving experience it seems. Ever since I bought my Linea, I have only seen sales plummet, and my driving and ownership experience increase vertically. Let's hope the change of guard at the top will do something for the staggering sales.
  9. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Linea - 175
    Punto - 925
    Palio - 2

Total - 1102
  10. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    it seems linea production have been affected by monsoon..maybe the plant at ranjangaon had a leaking roof ...lol.

or "diesal for petrol price" people thought fiat showroom is supplying diesel (fuel) for the price of petrol so no body turned up.

pathetic i must add!!!

Palio - 2
    one customer is from kannur (kerala) i suppose a doctor.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.