1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Sales (2011) discussion - continued

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Jan 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    Khatam hai kahani inki!! :( Koi karishma hi inko bacha sakti hai!!
  2. nk4FIAT

nk4FIAT Superiore

Hyderabad
    No words. Only "Sadies"
    :eek: :( :confused: :mad: :eek: :x :firey
  3. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    When FIAT India doesn't want to do anything except gift their engines away, what can we do ?
  4. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    The offers came because both Fiat and their dealers are holding too much of inventory. The figures we see are fresh sales from manufacturer to dealer's. The situation is similar to the Honda Jazz story. Despite a 1.75 lac discount and reports of all Jazz's being sold out, I don't expect Honda to post sales that will be too different from the past few months.

There is also a slowdown in the industry specially in four wheeler's. Most companies are running special offers to entice customers. GM is offering 65K off on the Spark for example.
  5. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    fiat has nothing special to offer other than punto and linea from day one. neither a different engine nor some fresh changes . even i feel punto/linea interiors are outdated and looking dull .
    as everbody heard ,linea is underpowered and punto is sluggish with worst ASS so what kind of magic should fiat expect?
    either a good car enthusiast who is a hardcore fiatian or a fool who never heard of a car will go for present fiat cars in tata showroom at least for its looks.
    ps:-looking at fiat sales it seems hardcore fiatians are melting and fools are getting fewer.
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    There is nothing wrong with the products being offered by FIAT.

I know i sound like a fanboy here , but the whole issue is that FIAT has not been able to shake off the albatross around their neck that the new FIAT is only as good as the older FIAT.The image in people's minds is the same as it was during the pre-Linea/Punto era.

And India being India, it takes one helluva effort to change the herd mentality and the mindset to accept something new and out of the box. And FIAT have not made the effort required to convince the people that the new FIAT is THE FIAT. Here lies their fallacy.

And 1102 vehicles sold per month is not going to lead FIAT anywhere unless they make some drastic decisions soon.

Gurjinder.
  7. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Changing the higher management & spreading news about change in mgmt didnt work. July'11 Sales dropped near about 50% of the July'10 sales.

Its time FIAT:
    1) Launch new low cost cars like Alto Wagen R
    2) Improve the A.S.S.
    3) Individual Showrooms for FIAT.
  8. It's really a pathetic performance. It has been compounded by the increase in loan rates and also Fiat's steadfast refusal to get 1.6 MJD which definitely should get in some numbers. What Fiat is missing is that they should first focus on the enthusiasts who are buying their cars anyways and give the engines/gear ratios which are deserved by the chassis. Let the guys driving these cars have fun. This is what Yamaha did and look how good they are doing as compared to a couple of years ago when they were focusing only on mass market.

This will also discriminate them from Tata's who everyone knows are just cars to be flogged.
  9. niranjan_81

niranjan_81

Pune
    Even the much talked about scheme of "Petrol to Diesel" is an eyewash. I got a quote in the month of june for Punto Emotion of Rs. 6,39.000. This quote had free insurance.
    Now in the month of july they started this scheme of "Diesel at the price of petrol" but reduced the insurance amount to Rs. 4600. Now the quote for the same car was Rs. 6,51,000. So ultimately I am paying Rs. 12,000 extra and then getting free fuel voucher of Rs. 6500. Net loss of Rs. 5,500 over previous month.
    Even after all this calculation I booked Punto. Now hoping for good Sevice atleast. :)
  10. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Unless you shout on roof top, it is of no use to have wonderful products at home. There is lot of ill will against FIAT in the market. Unless and until they take an effort to change it, things may not improve.
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.