1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Sales (2011) discussion - continued

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Jan 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tjetdriver

tjetdriver Amatore

Bengaluru, India
    It deserves more than 2174.
    i hope fiat does not become complacent. ;-)
  2. sachi

sachi Timido

Bangalore
    Wat a relief to see that the sales figure is good and encouraging for JAN11 ::T . When the Punto was launched in 2009 they did some promotional events in few of the campuses like the IT parks in bangalore and with time the effort to make the car popular diminished! :A . When Punto is compared with the i20 which are selling like hot cakes, the only point i see which makes people buy it is just tat it belongs to hyundai! When i spoke to few of my friends who are prospective buyers about the cars which they have shortlisted they wouldn't have FIAT cars on their list. Most of the guys dont know tat the FIAT cars are sold in TATA dealerships! Fiat should think more on lines of making the FIAT cars popular among the masses and start sponsoring events and showcase the cars which are being offered. I think the awareness about the FIAT brand in india is limited to its enthusiasts only.
  3. mescotc

mescotc Amatore

Boisar , Tarapur
    @ sachi,
    U said it right,
    I feel if fiat starts their own showrooms for Display & Sales in major cities in India, with only service support from tatas, it could change the game in favour of fiat, & morever its not a too costly affair to start Showrooms ( @ be 6-8 in India ) , the additional cost incurred in starting new showrooms would be set-off by additional sales figures , + additional bonus is fiat can mantain their Exclusivity & Induvudiality ! ,

In small cities fiat can keep their sales combined with tatas.

The main reason for bifurcating sales division from tatas is that Tatas sales person try to convert a Linea buyer to Manza & punto buyer to Vista, & they do succeed to some extent, & only enthusiasts & true fiat fans opt for Fiat !

Atul
  4. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    at least fiat is not down and out like the december figures. not the figures it deserves but decent at least. why is it that we fiat lovers are so eager to know about the sales figures. it seems as we are more worried about the company than their owners. while they may have their own strategy but that somehow does not work. fiat when entered indian market they had a terrific product on their hand (uno) at that time. build to last, great handling, peppy petrol and a powerful diesel later, spacious inside and a huge boot. uno has a record booking of 290000 which no other car has ever managed. back then they could not deliver the demand bcos of labour strike in their plant and eventually people canceled their bookings and then the famous zen arrived. uno could never recover then. this time people gave a warm welcome to linea when it was launched but sales dropped later bcos it did not deliver as it should have been. it had it own problems like the petrol was not peppy enough and the diesel though satisfying lacks the performance of other cars which also uses the same engine. then it had its own set of quality issues that we all know. linea could have been a game turner for fiat as it had already caught a lot of eyeballs with its look. it just fell short in some departments which we current owners ignore because we know that otherwise it is a fantastic car. but aam janta wants jack of all kind of products. lets hope fiat does much better.
  5. srinivaschandalada

srinivaschandalada Amatore

Kakinada
    kakinada
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Its a pity that the main criteria indians look for in a car is mileage :hit . When will the day that a customer goes to the showroom and asks "is this car safe",going to come? When you have the following features in one pack you bet its a FIAT ; beauty ,safety,drivability,rocksturdiness,durability,machoness,exhilarating,pleasing,wellbehaving,obeying,faithfull,and last but not the least fuel efficient.(19kms)
    I am happy the sales are back on track. :clap
  6. Narayan

Narayan Regolare

Chennai
    One thing that i dont understand is that, in most of the auto expert articles, NDTC auto, ZIGwheels... many more, i dont find Punto listed or compared with other premium hatchbacks. This is irritating to the fact that these auto experts do not pay the required attention to fiat vehicles. I always see i20, polo in the list but not Punto. why should this happen, given that Punto is an equally good or even doing better thatn these two vehicles?

Are these reviews also based on the sales figures or marketing steps? Shouldnt these be proper technical reviews? I always find these to be biased against fiat for some reason.

Not sure if only I get this thought though ...
  7. Very happy to see this figure. Hope Feb sales should improve with t-jet getting more coverage in media!!!
  8. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida
    Has anyone seen the Fiat 2011 CALENDER given as a suppliment in the Feb issue of Autocar India. Its a great layout with stunning pictures af all the Fiats available in India. Nice marketing Gimmick.
  9. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Any pictures Ansal ji? Wouldn't mind picking it up just for the calendar.
  10. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida
    Ill post the pictures by the evening for sure.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.