1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Sales (2011) discussion - continued

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Jan 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
  2. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    nkrishnap, i am just a common man , almost realizing that i have been completely fooled in the name of warranty ,guarantee ,24x7 sales support et al. being a common man i had this thing always in my mind that if at all there has been some issues or problem with my car it will all be covered with what i pay extra other than true value of car .
    but now i have to go and check inventory, place the order engage with illogical discussions with service guys.

anyway my neighbours are laughing at me even my relatives and friends ,though they have much concerns towards me and inquire regularly about the status but when i say not even started...huh.!!

rest assured nobody ,whom have known my situation is ever going to buy fiat product henceforth.
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2011
  3. jaydev
    there is real scarcity of parts pertaining to FIAT. the big ware house that got burnt had loads of FIAT parts.
    the reason might be true.
    tell the SA to try sourcing from any other service center if possible. it might be of some help

4. It is common and simple problem in any business, thus if the concern company (Say Fiat) is interested to do support to there own customers they should open web based dual order form, so that customer can approach directly to company and inform the requirements of spares , As they are selling very less numbers (< 2K month) they can manage it. If sales increase lot of other channel automatically available to keep the spares ex-stock.

Now Cash, Credit & Billing issue, they need to do some flexible terms, because there need is to dealers act fast towards customers.

Who will invest without ROI in Fiat warranty - replacement materials.
  5. Nikhil Goel

Nikhil Goel Amatore

I guess FIAT needs to learn a bit from Nike. As its important how you sell your products because ""Majority of buyers are FOOLS, who just believe on what is shown or believe on mouth to mouth publicity"". Minority knows the quality of a real product.
    Just a case study of Nike may be any FIAT official will read this and try to do something.

What about Nike?
    Given that Nike does not own a single sneaker factory or have a single person directly involved in manufacturing their sneakers on their payroll, it is most definitely not shoes. They outsource every single step of the manufacturing process so they can spend the greatest percent of their annual budget every year on marketing. Nike’s largest budget percentage is overwhelmingly allocated every year to their designs and marketing department. And what do these employees do?
    They manufacture “ideas” and “dreams”.
    Before Nike paid Michael Jordan more than enough money that he could ever possibly know what to do with, the sneakers every kid wanted on their feet when they went back to school were Adidas. Nikes were what kids wore when you couldn’t afford Adidas. Back then, Run DMC cut a track titled “My Adidas”, not “My Nikes”. Back then, Adidas had the respect of the all demographically-important hip-hop community, not Nike.
    When Nike realized that the key to success was to sell not shoes, but the concept that wearing Nikes would make you a better athlete, make you “cooler”, would make you stronger, run longer, run faster, give you more endurance, even make you jump higher “just like Mike”, only then did they started selling more shoes than anyone else. In fact, before they hired Michael Jordan to promote their ideas, Nike was losing so much money that they almost went bankrupt. But few people remember those days. In fact, this strategy of selling ideas proved so successful that Nike even coined a term for it.
    They call this process “bro-ing” (Source: No Logo, by Naomi Klein, p. 75). They would take their prototype shoes to the inner-city playgrounds of Philly, Chicago, and New York, approach young kids, and say “Hey bro, check out the shoes” to build a buzz around them (this stuff is just too good to ever make up). As ridiculous as this sounds, this is true (I only wonder if they sent brothers to go on the “bro-ing” expeditions to keep it authentic).
    Nike shoe designer Aaron Cooper stated that when he went on a “bro-ing” expedition in Harlem in New York City, that kids would tell him that Nike was the most important thing in their lives. Number two was their girlfriend. Nike determined from that point on, they were going to “bro” people to death. Since that decision, Nike has long replaced Adidas as the “it” sneaker among the “in-crowd”. Simply put, Nike is a brilliant marketing company.
  6. i think YOU are covered!!
  7. redbull

redbull

Bangalore
    That's scary man. I am really worried. I was planning to move to a place where the nearest FIAT authorized service center is 300 km away. If push comes to shove, I would rather sell and salvage whatever tidbits I can if I were to make the move.... and probably buy a Ritz Vdi.
  8. Sam

Sam Amatore

Mumbai
    This all is HUGELY scary :eek: If FIAT dosn't wakes up now (and there are no signs of its awakening :A), people (even existing customers) will start switching to other options.

I am hugely loving my Punto but if sufferings and cost of ownership rises (for me so far no many niggles), I may as well exchange my baby with a similar engine by others. :(
  9. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    honestly , nearly 20 people are connected to me and watching fiat regarding the service and repair. out of it ,2 of them were soon to buy types, but they are dropping the idea to own fiat and going for Hyundai i20. i regret no more neither i am trying to convince them. since day one i have been hearing spare part scarcity and ASS issues i am enough convinced that fiat will never be reliable.
  10. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    :confused:confused:punch:punch:firey:firey:boxer:boxer:hit:hit:thumbs down:thumbs down

:anyone:anyone
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.