1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Sales (2011) discussion - continued

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Jan 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sumit

Sumit Superiore

believe me nitin these three partners are doing thier best to achieve that goal. the time is not far when 0000 is a reality.

wonder why Fiat Spa have entered indian market? just to supply engines?

i remember a very famous tag by Mohinder Amarnath: " Bunch of Jokers" .
  2. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    I feel the factors affecting Fiat sales are:

1.) Low visiblity of brand Fiat.
    2.) Lack of confidence in spares avaliablity and service back up.

1.) Both Punto & Linea are right in the center of crowded segments where there is huge competition. The Linea had it easy so far as for about 2 years the only new car launched was the Vento. Now we have Hyundai & Ford upping the game and with Fiat neither upgrading the engine of the Linea nor launching a face lifted version, the car is going to face tough times. Fiat as a brand is barely visible in the market. When you are slugging it out in a highly competitive segment, you have to keep shouting so you are heard all the time by your prospective customers. Even Honda runs regular adverts for the City. When Vento & Verna were launched, they were compared on tv shows with the City which means the company is taking that extra effort to be seen and letting the people know that their car is a formidable option in that segment. Linea & Punto are absent from every comparo and I feel it's a dual cycle. Because the Fiat brand is barely visible, journo's don't think of including these cars and Fiat, like always, sleeps through all the action. Fiat needs to realise that they are not selling in the S class / BMW 7 / Audi A8 segment. Sit quietly in your corner and be prepared to be left behind.

Take a look at how VW is acting in the market. There is a spring in their step, a zing in the way they are doing business, they are excited about being in India and showing it.

Compare that to Fiat. They are tentative and thoughtful. New launches are in the planning for centuries! They give the feeling that they want as few models in the market as possible so that if they decide to shut shop they can go with minimal damages. Why are they so tentative and cautious? This tentative and thoughtful approach is not confidence inspiring. They launch a product and barely advertize as if wanting as few sales as possible so that when they pull out of India they will have as few angry customers as possible!

During the factory tour when I asked the brand manager's of these products when the 1.6L MJD is coming they replied we will not launch that engine now as we want the current engined models to establish themselves in the market. What bloody nonsense! Don't follow Fiat. LEAD. That is the only way out for you. Set the benchmarks. You have your back to the wall with lions (Competition) standing in front of you. The only way out of this trap is to bulldoze your way through the lions.

2.) The whole concept behind the JV with Tata was to have a good service back up with available spares. Has that worked? If not, then what is Fiat trying to do to correct that? The first reaction of people even today when you say Fiat is spares nahi milenge aur service ka koi thikana nahin. In this respect the JV is not working and Fiat needs to act fast to correct that perception before it's too late (I suspect it already is too late for Fiat now).
  3. maverick

maverick Amatore

Amit, the availability of spares with TASS is very scarce. I had to wait for almost more than a week to get the Punto alloy. I was lucky enough to get a spare tyre from the TASS or else I could not have used my car much. Another noticeable issue is TASS guys are very lazy, they take ages to give the car back when we give it for servicing. Also they don't take proper care of the car during service. Car not clean, paint chipped of from the door etc... are some of the issues I faced during my visit to TASS.

Fiat has to ensure availability of spare parts with TASS. In the long run Fiat needs to setup their own service facilities so that the car gets proper treatment. The sales will not increase if they sit and blame TATA.
  4. nk4FIAT

nk4FIAT Superiore

Rightly pointed out dear. I feel all these write ups in various threadds of our forums somebody should consolidate and send to CEO, FIAL with a copy to CEO,Fiat Spa. Italy.
    I always compare the fate of FIAT with Amitabh.
    After giveing Golden Jubilee hits like Sholay, janjeer, Mukkaddar ka sikander, kalia, Barsaat ki ek raat, Lawaris etc. etc., it was really pathetic to see Jadugar, Toofan, Akeyla, Ganaga jamna Saraswati etc. All his fans were fumuing @him that why this great artist is doing such bakwaas movies. Almost everybody felt "Amitabh ka karishma Khatam ho gaya" But after few years he really shot back and till today he is a superstar.
    I wish same fate should happen with FIAT. After ruling Indian roads for more than 30 years, the period from 1998-2010 should be n lul n dull period and hereafter they should come back like Amitabh with variety of models n big bang way.
    Best luckfor FIAT.
  5. Vroom

Vroom Amatore

I read an article in a newspaper sometime back regarding Polo: About the long waiting period for the Polo. The reasoning given in the article was that VW wants the same quality for the Polo here as elsewhere in the international market and hence its a laborious process slowing the entire process of delivering a quality car from the factory.

Its another story if this is true or not, but this certainly creates an impression when somebody reads this...

Again, its another story that Fiat is really slow in placing such stories.. Time for Fiat India to put together a better PR team
  6. JV of Fiat & TATA are working fine, but if Fiat is not offering the spares of there sold car's (Palio's, Punto & Linea's), how the service will improve.

Extra delay to deliver the spares will create "not to worry" (laziness & relax) in technicians mind, even next time they will confident towards delay delivery of spares, That is too with Authorised Fiat -TATA Workshop, forget about the road side mechanic.

I am closely counting the days for srikar thread for completion of repairing his Punto.

This delay of service attitude will develop USE & THROW feeling for Fiat Cars. I don't think that Indians have this mentality.
  7. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Agreed to Rakesh here. When I booked my 1.2 Emtion Punto in Aug 2010, I ordered a spoiler, sill plates & FIAT Graphics. I am still waiting for these accessories. now its near about one year.
  8. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    it is 17th day since my punto is in service centre -concord chennai. when i inquired about the status ,"sir, spare parts has not arrived yet ,when it arrives we will begin the work .sir ,we told you before it is fiat so it can take take 1 month or more..!!!
    what a joke.
  9. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Tata motors india have decided to end the game to Fiat India!! For Sure!!!
  10. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    Did you ask if the order is placed with Fiat? These idiots at the TASS do not place an order, how can FIAT get to know that the TASS requires the spares. This is the scenario in most cases. The major reason being, the FIAT sells spares of cash basis and not on credit basis. Tell me who does not want to enjoy credit, more so our TASS, because it yields them better ROI.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.