1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Sales (2011) discussion - continued

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Jan 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    that is a joke.
    multijet engines are patented they cannot be produced by any tom dick and harry. though fiat sold crdi to bosch previuosly when they got bankrupt.

maruthi does is tuning and caliberation on available mjd's , as much similar as tata quadrajets

fiat after sales service.

i dont know much as they are not my own observation but the manager revealed to me. he meant that, the way of working for car manufacturing and engine manufacturing are surprisingly diametrically opposite under single hood called fiat.
    Last edited: May 4, 2011
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    @ Jayadev

:lol

No point arguing with you. Get your facts right. Adios!

Gurjinder.
  3. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    gurjinder ,

whats the funny part ? correct me if i am wrong.
  4. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    To add to this.. it is like royalty ...only the technology from FIAT and I think for the number of DDiS engines manufactured , FIAT is getting royalty. Other than that it is full manufactured in Maruti's Manesar plant. Maybe for Tata, FIAT is supplying engines. I am not sure about this.
  5. CountRock

CountRock Staff Member Janitor

Dallas, Texas
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Fiat does not make any engines for Maruti! Maruti makes their engines themselves including the gear box (which is their own design)

This rumour that Fiat supplies engines to Maruti just won't die! I have friends coming upto me and saying that is the reason for the huge waiting list for Maruti Diesel cars, Fiat is controlling the output! This is so funny! :p
  6. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    source:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suzuki_Swift

my knowlledge is limited mostly to internet data as i have nothing to do with auto-mobiles professionally. so i learned it from forums like tfi or wiki and others.though ambiguity remains like wiki being edited in favouring lies .

"Fiat rolls out its 2,00,000th engine from its Ranajangaon plant" for whom?
    are they exporting or storing?
    Last edited: May 4, 2011
  7. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    That would include exports and not to forget about the engines that's being supplied Indica Vista and Manza. Maruti manufactures it's own engine at Manesar I believe.

Also Wikipedia cant' be a credible source always, Anyone can edit/add data into it.
  8. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    I was for sure not sleeping when we visited FIAT Factory. I could not see even a single Foreigners there :(
    I have gone through almost all the departments right from Building engines and gear boxes to complete car build.
    Seen entire process of building gear boxes and engines, from raw material to final product, but could not find one single foreigner in entire factory complex. All the workers were indians. Probably the manager speaking to you was day dreaming :(

Secondly, FIAT has licensed the Suzuki to manufacture the engines. Maruti does its on manufacturing, FIAT doesnt manufacture for them. The 2L+ engines that are built by FIAT at Rajangoan are basically consumed by TATA and FIAT boths.

And similar high quality standards were maintained at both engine and car assembly line. I guess there are more than 100 Tfians who have seen this and can speak on this.
  9. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    thanks viny.

that clears my doubts to certain extend.
    but again why i see people ranting even in tfi that suzuki diesal cars owes fiat heart.

probably he was just trying to convince me of my woes and quality issues or he was ill informed or maybe talking about management level .

end of the day i know that engines in our rides are much more silent and vibration free than in maruthi suzuki and tata cars.
    but they all sound similar feels similar that is why i got confused.

if so why fiat cant impliment same engine quality and standards in thier cars.. why so much fit and finish concerns and niggles?
  10. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    It's because Fiat developed that engine along with some investment from GM. As part of split-up post their failed JV they had to give off the technology. GM doesn't pay any royalty for this, But Suzuki has to.

Suzuki was never part of that of development and hence all the rant.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.