1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Sales (2011) discussion - continued

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Jan 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    though fingers crossed .
    what kind of people are going to buy hyundai verna? i dont think they are going to make high with it i expect an initial surge. look at elantra,sonata,santafe.

honda have its own charm and drive ability manners where comparatively hyundai cars are like wild beast.
    this verna as per reviews is ridiculously overloaded with features and any prospective buyer will think how about maintenance and running cost of such things.

cars like fiat and volkswagon are what is prefered by indians (mini substitute for merc bmw and ferrari) else out of agony for ASS, maruthi suzuki wins.

if volks wagon pull up their socks and fix their feet into excellent ASS then nothing is going to stand against them.
    feel sorry for our poor fiat if they could give a rethought about dismal sales and all woes...!!!
    Last edited: May 3, 2011
  2. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    Fiat Linea and Punto have been in the market from 2008 & 2009 respectively. Two years+ is more then enough for any product to stablize here. Sure, Fiat have the baggage of past history & reputation which has bogged down sales. To some extent, the old baggage is still being carried around and the reputation is to put it frankly, well earned!

Taking all of the above into consideration, I feel Fiat should target sales of 40% of the market leaders in the segment. That means:

Punto 2500 - 2800 units (40% of Average i20 sales of about 7,000 units)
    Linea 1200 - 1500 units (40% of Average Vento / City sales of about 3,000 units)

Anything less then these figures means Fiat is struggling. That would be my benchmarks if I was the CEO of Fiat India.
    Last edited: May 4, 2011
  3. gurus

gurus Amatore

BLR/AZ
    I agree FIAT had bad image..that is past...they are trying to come out of it..
    but what about present...even though they have tie up with TATA, they should be aggressive and start thier own ASC...I think if they are not aggressive and sluggish in thier approach this will have more damage than the bad image itself...
  4. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    The main reason for stagnating / dwindling Fiat sales is customer disconnect with the Fiat brand. That is the area Fiat needs to work on. I have said this many times in the past and I will keep saying it.

Prospective new car buyer's don't even consider the Linea or Punto before finalizing on their new car. Hatchback buyer's today check out either the i20 or Polo and buy one of them. Sedan buyer's check out either the City or Vento and buy one of them. Why is it that people are ready to wait for 3 months to get a Vento/Polo and don't want to buy a Linea/Punto off the shelf?! It's because they don't know these cars are avaliable in the market.
  5. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Honda sales fall 43.76 per cent in April 2011

Honda Siel Cars India (HSCI), the Indian unit of leading Japanese car maker Honda, has registered fall of 43.76 per cent in its sales in the month of April 2011. The company managed to sell 2,012 units during the month as compared to 3,578 units sold in the same month last year.

In the month of April 2011, the company sold 1,542 units of entry level sedan Honda City, 112 units of hatchback Honda Jazz, 253 units of premium sedan Honda Civic, 83 units of luxury sedan Honda Accord and 22 units of its SUV (sports utility vehicle) Honda CR-V. The company had cut-down production at its Greater Noida Plant by up to 50 percent from April, following the massive earthquake and tsunami in Japan in March.

Speaking to reporters, HSCI Senior Vice-President (Sales & Marketing) Jnaneswar Sen said, "Production adjustments for a smooth transition began from mid-April. Further, to ensure continuity of supplies to our customers in the forthcoming months, we have moderated our wholesale despatches." He added that the company would be able to catch up on lost volumes, as it is hopeful that the supplies would normalize post July.

Source:- http://www.cartradeindia.com/car-bike-news/honda-sales-fall-43-76-per-cent-in-april-2011-113799.html
  6. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    we as a part of fiat team do not have any right to speak about decline of honda sales. which is not due to lack of quality or such but the earth quake effect and and concerns.
    honda will return and that too with a bang that is the speciality of japanese brands.look at toyota etios.
    both toyota and honda have better sales figure in premium category than suzuki or any other brands.
  7. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    When we compare the sales figures, I think total sales figure alone will not speak all truths. Isn't it that the sales are preportional to the number of dealer outlets available. For example if we take Maruti wich has 6-10 times dealer outlet than Fiat and Ritz which sells at 6000 units where Punto at 1200 units. Now if we look at the average number of vehicles coming out from a dealer showroom, Punto is doing better than Ritz. Same if we compare i20. Whenever I go to dealer showroom I always see many fiat vehicles getting delivered. There is no hell and heaven difference in hyundai or maruti showroom. What is impressive is the figures of Figo and VW where they don't have many dealers. If Fiat try to increase their dealer networks gradually their sails will also increase preportinally. In goa there is only one Fiat dealer. People at northern end of Goa has to travel around 100 kms to get it serviced. Same situation in other places also.
  8. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    sungoa hope you are not forgetting that dealer themselves hesitate to adopt tata or fiat due to ass and support concerns.
    if tata fiat keep continuing their traits they are never going to make it.

i have good relations with the manager of F.A.S.S at my place a,he always explain me the difference between a snail (not even tortoise) and fox.

no offence but one interesting thing he has pointed out about fiat engine factory (mjd and fire), there are no indians working in their all are foreigners and they produce product of highest standards in world. he said fiat cannot take chances with thier engines as it can loose clients like suzuki,and tata.

but with car manufacturing plant it is a well know story..!!!
  9. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Maruti manufactures the ddis engine themselves at their Manesar plant. They do not take manufactured engines from FIAT.

So i dont know what the manager of F.A.S.S ( whats this?) was saying.

Gurjinder.
  10. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    Which Fiat engine factory are you talking about? The Ranjangaon plant in India? All Indians are working and manufacturing engines and cars to the best and highest standards in the world there. In today's world, it doesn't matter where your factory is located as Fiat (or any company's) global manufacturing standards are automatically in place.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.