1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Sales (2011) discussion - continued

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Jan 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Yes #### *** are sure anti-fiat,
    But if any member with them should give them the reply in hard words that the mods are not good knowledge of the false posting doing in #### *** forum.
  2. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Himachal doesn't have a single fiat showroom,even punjab has got less no.of fiat showrooms.Stand me correct if am wrong....
  3. Fiat sales is hovering around 2000 nos with around 800 and 1000 puntos. I dont see any decrease or increase in these nos in the near future unless FIAT comes out with some innovative marketing ideas.

I think FIAT is doing well despite its old ugly image in the minds of the Indian buyers.

Looking at Honda City sales post Vento is disappointing. City customers are moving to Vento.
    Further nos from Vento and City will move to New Verna and New Fiesta. Honda will be the worst affected with no diesel in their portfolio.

Fiat Sales are coming from Fiat Fans and those who understand the brand. So, no worries for the time being and i am sure the sales nos will remain status quo despite competition.

Fiat should bring in a small car, asap, in the likes of Figo to sustain.
  4. gurus

gurus Amatore

BLR/AZ
    compared to previous month almost all other cars numbers reduced...Fiat somehow sustained and increased the numbers, though marginally...
    I think, FIAPL and Honda India, should be the 2 brands which doesn't impress customer even during peak sales period...blame management...
  5. good to see the numbers stable if not increasing....
    with the marketing attitude of fiat those numbers are great.

sudden increase in number of punto in hyderabad.
    linea also have become common
  6. Infact, i too see quite a lot of Linea and Punto's on Chennai road these days, but no Tjets !!!
    Last week, i spotted many Punto's in Pondicherry, esp in BNW.
  7. gurus

gurus Amatore

BLR/AZ
    1 thing I don't understand is how is VW reliable?
    For ex., I see threads in other forum, where in, Skoda's driven for 70k kms have issues coming up...
    Thier DSG auto boxes are not reliable as well...
    VW is parent company of Skoda and they share technology...how is VW getting image that its cars are reliable?
    May be it is the general public which blindly accept VW...

I may be wrong..just sharing my thoughts...

What if FIAT didn't had bad image...it would have been in good position with thier excellent products...
  8. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    the main reason why vw ,nissan,ford had a good chance is only because fiat is not good at it.
    where peoples expectations were shattered due to zero response and indifferent attitude of manufacturer as well as dealers.
    so most of the people who zeroed on fiat for built quality and looks took a chance and went for volkswagon..as expected.
    similar thing helped hyndai sales ..indians has got bored with swift and maruthi sibilings now they turned towards more bling; hyundai i10 and i20 both happen to be far better than the fiat team.
  9. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Completely agree with Jayadev. FIAT should come up with new Ideas, new cars, exclusive showrooms. It will help FIAT to build FIAT Brand in INDIA.
  10. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    New verna may make a hole in Honda shares. But the 1.6Petrol in Verna is not a match for the diesel like torque of Tjet. Fiat cars deserve more power for their built. But Hyundai and Hondas cannot utilize their power. New Fiesta may be a match for it in driving dynamics. At least they got a good review in BBC top gear.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.