1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Sales (2011) discussion - continued

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Jan 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nmp

nmp Amatore

Thane, Mumbai
    2k + figure is good for Fiat - considering - their dumb advt previously and absolutely no advt since last month. I hope they are planning something better to push the brand FIAT in Indian market this year.
  2. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Fiat Linea is back to the original numbers including 1.4 T-Jet. But, the frequent rising petrol cost has become a dampener for T-Jet. Perhaps, Linea 1.6 MJD is the need of the hour.
  3. cartoos

cartoos

New Delhi
    As I said earlier Fiat numbers will be good in Jan, its showing here now.
  4. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    ::pP
    I tend to believe that actual sales will be LOWER than this figure, not much, but by around 100-150 or so.. This will remain with the dealers and will be cleared in subsequent months. At the end of the year, all the accumulated backlog will be cleared and then the primary sales figures will look dismal.
  5. :wow 2174 numbers after less than 300 in dec is good... still a long way to go... Linea - 947, Punto - 1203. City was some 5k and Vento some 2k. I guess Vento is more of a diesel effect. I guess a new diesel powerplant will surely boost Linea's sales.
  6. Ichimaru

Ichimaru Regolare

Gurgaon, India
    Point to note
    FIAT with just two models is almost equal to Skoda with 4 models!
    :)
  7. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4
    Fiat has come to settle around 2000 cars monthly. This is good enough considering that Fiat is selling against the tide ( the negativism associated with the brand I mean) . What this means is that in a year or two Fiat will have the platform to come into its own with decent number of cars on the road and hopefully better ASS.

I want to see many new Fiat models in India.

From what I have learnt, the small car for India is now in the back-burner as focus is to first lift up the existing models.... So, there gonna be a long wait

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
  8. gurus

gurus Amatore

BLR/AZ
    When I compare linea with City, I get the feeling that City gives a executive look apart from H badge. Similarly with Vento. Whereas linea gives a gorgeous look but not executive one. I see 90% of my office manager use City for that executive look.
    Vento has executive look and a good diesel heart as well.

Linea is a gorgeous blonde and you can look all day. City is kind of Indian wife where you live with her every day whether you like or not.
    Am I thinking odd here?
  9. Ichimaru

Ichimaru Regolare

Gurgaon, India
    to me..yes what you're thinking is odd!

Linea is a super executive car but it is important that the owners take pride in it!
    City looks more like a wannabe to me and Vento, in one word is BLAND. Front look same as the polo and rear nothing to talk home about.
    Its plain boring.
    Had Linea been a HONDA (even Hyundai or Maruti) vehicle, it would have been on a waiting of atleast 6 months!
    But I love the fact that its a FIAT. :)

+1 Fastlove
    Add to that, almost dead advertising from FIAT.
    They should advertise TJET aggressively.
    When city with petrol and high price and less features can sell 5K units, TJET alone should sell atleast 1000.
    As a matter of fact, how many here know that TJET is now available across India? I doubt it would be a significant lot!!
  10. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4
    @guru - no offence.. But your statement reflects the mentality of the average Honda city buyer - Confused!! .... You say that city is an executive car which the corporate prefer then you compare it to a boring housewife :))

Linea is good looking and executive class... Period.
    Also to add... Blue & me is what executive class means beyond the look itself... So a discerning car buyer will not go near Honda city for any of these reasons :)

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.