1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Sales (2011) discussion - continued

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Jan 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Instead of launching Linea with 1.6 ltr engine, FIAT should launch all new Premium car with 1.6 mjd engine & then launch Linea with 1.6 MJD engine.
  2. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    existing model with upgraded engine is always better choice.
    linea and punto has been around since some time and getting niggle free. a new model would require some time to settle in.

more power at lesser cost is what indians like .
    fiat should launch punto t-jet with additional fuel efficiency . all those enthusiast would rush to own it before anybody blinks.
    linea bieng more of a family sedan and bit expensive can have 1.6 litre with better upmarket specs and perfomance. targeting skoda and honda lovers and that is not an impossible feat for Fiat.

basic reason for dull market perfomance for both punto and linea is both are neither high on fuel efficiency nor scorcher, so why should one own just for a bling bling?

and i wish fiat not to become mass market car like suzuki in india ,let it remain premium brand and let tata be mass market leader accompanying Fiat.
    Last edited: May 2, 2011
  3. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Until a few years back, skoda never targetted the average indian customer saying they are a premium brand and didnt want every one own a skoda. But they reduced the price of fabia and marketed aggressively to good achieve sales in India. And they were were successful to acertain extent in meeting the volume of sales inspite of the poor service and numerous customer complaints.
    This may be one of the reason why VW chose to remain an independant entity with separate service back up and not use the facilities that Skoda had.
    At the end of the day, it's the NUMBERS that matter to every organisation, automobiles not being an exception.
  4. neil_jericho

neil_jericho Timido

Bangalore / Cochin
    It really is surprising to see that Fiat sells so few Puntos & Lineas. I see quite a few of them on the roads in Kerala & to a lesser extent in Blore. Hence Fiat must be doing really poorly in many states in the country if they are doing such low numbers. Does anyone know which states are Fiat friendly in this regard?
  5. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    Even I have the same thoughts. I believe 50% of all Fiat sales happens in Cochin and Trivandrum.
  6. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Myself working in one the prestigious IT park's in Kerala ..I am very happy to see more no of new puntos and Lineas than other brand cars. Is it because my eyes are seeing only FIATS ..:) . Well I am in touch with one of the marketing guy from fiat and he used to pay me a visit once in a while. Now his frequency of visit has increased -you can say most of the days. He says that there are more number of inquiries for FIAT cars now. His only concern is he is not able to deliver the car on time as promised due to the delay in stock arrival. Now he is having sleepless night as customers keep on calling him asking for the status of their car. Well am proud to be a FIAT owner..
  7. Grandeur

Grandeur Staff Member Janitor

Punto's and Linea's are now the common sights in Navi Mumbai and Mumbai. But seems..not many are on TFI. Every-time I flash light to them...hardly anyone respond. ;)
  8. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Same here in Pune Granduer. I saw Ladies driving Punto most of the times. lol
  9. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    On 24 April 2011 Easter Sunday, I saw many Lineas/Puntos/Palios on NH 47 between Kochi and Kayamkulam. I thought FIAT India must be doing really good in Kerala.
  10. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    sigh :(...somebody a punto 90hp guy flashed light at me ,i could not respond coz of traffic and annoyance ..flashing thing came to my mind after couple of seconds ....regretted much.

anyway it is a grand charm to see punto ,linea,bmw, merc etc approaching towards you ..especially the road presence.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.