1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Sales (2011) discussion - continued

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Jan 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    tony,expect 700and odd lineas and 1000 odd puntos............there is nothing much to expect at least i dont.

for fiat to see some light there are walls namely toyota,honda,maruthi and lately volkswagon . and to cross these walls fiat is nowhere as of now.
  2. Shivam

Shivam Amatore

Ludhiana
    What about the annual sales targets about which Fiat India was so confident????????They should strongly advertise their products now.I dont understand why they are not serious about promoting....
  3. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    May be they are making enough profit selling FIAT engines to Maruti and Tata. Agreed that it is a business model, but let customers know that the successful makers have their heart borrowed from FIAT.
  4. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Let them put a condition on the borrowers of Engine that they need to put the sticker (POWERED BY FIAT).
    They Have great dreams but don no without hard work only a miracle can make their dream come true.
  5. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    I never thought that VW will be a success in India. They had wisely kept a distance from skoda in sales by having separate dealers, otherwise skoda stories might have killed their hopes. What fiat should learn from VW is that with a noisy 3 cylinder engine they entered the premium hatch and could get some very strong base. Who gave them the recipe of indian market? How they with zero experience could success. But Fiat with the most revolutionary product that indian auto industry has ever seen, the multijet, couldn't get a place which they deserve.
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    The thing differentiating Volkswagen and FIAT is the image they have/had in consumer minds before they even entered India.

Prior to FIAT's re-entry , the pan-India image of FIAT was that of problems , problems and more problems. And it has continued so far.

And Volkswagen's image was a premium one , associated with German quality, even though Indian market had never experienced it beforehand. Thats why people lapped up the Polo and its silly 1.2 TDI or the relatively overpriced Vento . And ofcourse , VW know how to market their stuff.

Gurjinder.
  7. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    You are 100 % right gurjinder.. The bad image which FIAT had earlier is still there in people's mind . I think FIAT should learn from Toyota their after sales service support in India. Aggressive marketing alone will not contribute to a better sales. People are still worried about TATA's service and I think that is the prime reason.
  8. basis

basis Amatore

Bangalore
    Fiat India needs to learn lot's
  9. abk1980

abk1980 Amatore

Mumbai
    Its not just image of the brand - I think VW ensured that their dealers, even if snobby, look competent & reliable. When they deliver the car, there are no niggles (My impression). They give the impression that they understand the quality not just a buyer spending 5-10lacs (Punto / Linea), but even 15-20 lacs (Jetta / Passat) expects.
    Any buyer would prefer snobby & competent seller to an eager-to-please and incompetent one any day. Lets not even talk about dealers who try and sell a Tata by criticizing a Fiat. When I go to buy a Fiat, some dealers look reasonably competent / professional who may understand my quality needs, though not as much as VW ones, others don't look the part at all. There itself Fiat loses the plot.
    This is why I advocate for separate outlets for Fiat & Tata. If Fiat launches some more expensive cars (15-25lac segment), it will help with the brand image.
  10. The VW ads were cool at least.
    That rhinoceros one was the one I liked the most.
    Had fiat made an ad about the company before and after re entry and how hard it is trying to change.
    That would do wonders for them I guess.

And now the engine is being put into premier rio.
    A car whose body and chassis is not worn for an engine like this.

The best way is to make maruthi, tata write