1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Sales (2011) discussion - continued

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Jan 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    (27678 Tata + 1865 Fiat) in the domestic market in March 2011
  2. Looks like FIAT is happy with less than 2000 cars per months. Come-on FIAT, you have passionate fans, use them to improve your sales in all regions.
  3. nitinkumardba

nitinkumardba Superiore

Guys, we have said\suggested lot to Fiat India like do this do that. Lets stop here. I am very much sure they are not at all going to do anything. They will simply make cars , place them in Tata Motors showroom and rest is left to the buyers.
    They are clearly not at all thinking about ABCD to make a product hit in Indian market (Marketing, TV and news paper ads etc) which makes any worse product among best.
    Good going FIAT, your way is also goes to set an example here, no matter in other way.
  4. ajai_dev

I am a potential buyer for a Linea MJD Emo + and had my heart set on it for a few months now. I was told FIAT's are bad by a number of experienced people but then again experienced people told me not to buy the Accent Viva CRDI either and buy a Skoda Octavia which would have landed me in heaps of bill's about now.

To date i have taken 2 test drives of Linea and loved the car drives and handles the only problem for me is the servicing, niggle problems and the interior build "I dont care if plastic are hard or soft they should be put together well".

I am waiting for Fiat to do something about these problems or i will look else were for a new car like the Vento or the Cruze LT.

EDIT: As for the break u i am guessing the following case:

Linea - 850
    Punto - 1003
    500 - 2
    Palio - 10
  5. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Ajai Fiat is gearing up dude, But you will surely feel the difference driving the Italian car, its build strong and has many features than the others in the same category, If you have liked the Linea then go for it buddy. ::T
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

@ajai dev

Test cars are the most abused vehicles u'll ever come across. Do not base your opinions entirely upon them. If possible , get hold of a friend's Linea ( if any ) and then make a comparison.

In my case the test car i drove was making funny suspension noises ( the sales executive was frank in saying " sir , we dont slow down for bumps or potholes :lol: and hence the noises" ) . But the car we got is perfectly fine , no noises , the interior is well put together , not a single creak or rattle. And , the looks of the Linea have no parallel ( my opinion).

The Cruze is a different beast altogether and in a different segment, so if u can afford it go for it.
    The Vento has a powerful diesel engine, but is not exactly value for money and not much is known about Volkswagen's long term running costs.

7. Shivam

Shivam Amatore

Absolutely correct GURJINDER. Demo vehicles are used roughly by the dealership.
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2011
  8. Sumit

Sumit Superiore

its really pathetic that Fiat India is doing nothing about the sales figures. they were very sure that by march they wud get more aggressive. but nothing is come out of their planning. they just doing whatthy do the best---------------zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  9. royj

royj Esperto

If Fiat had done half as much advertisement as Tata does for Manza, we would certainly see more than double the sales numbers for Linea.
  10. Sales break up for March 2011

500 : 0
    Palio : 5
    Punto : 1101
    Linea : 759

Optra : 270
    Aveo : 198
    UVA : 161

Fiesta : 1228
    Figo : 8926

Lancer & Cedia : 74

City : 2773