1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Sales (2011) discussion - continued

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Jan 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3

moreover i think the fiat and maruti collaboration should have been dropped off :hit :hit :hit :hit :hit since the day they have launched punto and linea...these maruti units are eating up the pie of our beloved fiat...fiat need to mull over it seriously :A :A :A :A .....now have given their engines for SX4(Dead Product)....... :hit :hit :hit :hit
  2. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Grande Punto 1.4
    And the anchor reviewing SX4 diesel shamelessly says "Maruti-Suzuki has used the multijet engine in SX4, which is one of maruti's most successful engines".
  3. Maxtor

Maxtor Amatore

New Delhi
    With the diesel SX4 out and the new Ford Fiesta round the corner the hype is getting louder for these cars also, over and above the City and Vento prospects. Maybe Fiat is planning an ad blitz to counter the already started SX4 ad blitz and the surely upcoming new Fiesta one - wishful thinking? I hope not. Ford is riding high on extremely high sales for Figo. They have turned around the market perception of their cars. All over the internet there is a message for Fiat India - please wake up!

But then these sales figures are deceptive as far as Fiat 'sales' go. Why?...because Fiat has sold thousands of diesel engines that go into Swifts, Manzas, Dezires, Vistas and SX4s! They may not be selling their cars but they are the largest sellers of their most popular diesel engines. Whether they sell a Manza or a Linea, Vista or a GP it's their engine that sells.

They're engine-sellers in India, not car sellers. That is probably why their marketing is low and service (through Tata workshops) is poor.
  4. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    couple of months ago ford india used to be just useless car in my eyes ,with bad a.s.s high maintenance price and more problems. but lately my views have changed .now me too in favour of ford..ofcourse in future i may prefer ford over fiat if situation remains same.
    resale value and market demand is ever increasing for ford since last couple of months and our fiat ,it is vice versa..sigh.
  5. niranrao

niranrao Timido

Why can’t Fiat open up its own show rooms and service centers in Metros to start with? Let them do all the business with Tata and Maruti but the brand image is very important. iam sure this will give them some boost in this huge Car market. It’s just the matter of months that they can really turn the table. Keep the JV going with Tata for places where it’s really hard to reach.
    Why ant they sponsoring any event? IPL, WC, at least some good ads will do. But they need to be running all the time.
    Look at Volkswagen. They are using Maruti’s services but have their own Showrooms. That’s their identity. A customer gets confused when he/she enter into a Tata showroom. There are these 2 cars with exactly same engine but different body build around it. Any1 can get mislead with the sales person. Never try to give to many options too. The customer will always try to go for something different.
    The only solution is OPEN your own showrooms and service centers. All these Boundary walls and Different Uniforms in showrooms will never work. Try to be really serious on your product and on customer satisfaction.
    Fiat Hope you are listening. Do something now before its 2 late.
  6. nk4FIAT

nk4FIAT Superiore

FIAT has to raise Brand image and sell more cars to keep decent market share.
    Selling just engines is only current business. Maruti has already changed their mind to go to VW/GM(?) for diesel engines. After some time Tata may also reduce using FIAT engines and increase their engines. Once it happens then FIAT has no other way to sell cars. Their complete bread n butter will be purely sell of cars. All existing Tata-Fiat dealers will continue their sales n service but dedicated showrooms will also help them to increase the numbers.
    But a million dollar question- After burning the fingers 02 times ( once with Premier- FIAT & 2nd time FIAT India) who will come forward to take only FIAT dealership. But at the same time I have a partial answer. There are so many small brands for whose people are coming forward ( E.g Sonalika cars, Premier Rio) if FIAT puts dedicated effort and ensures long term committment I feel many business groups in metro cities will come forward.
  7. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    ::O FIAT has good sales shop all over the country with Tata, but they have to focus more on the service parts thats it, But they need to focus on the issue thats the main thing which they are lacking, In kuwait Fiat has sold 15 FIAT 500 in just 2 months. :dancing
  8. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3
    How about if all of us can shoot one-one mail from our end to the top honchos sitting @ fiat corporate offices. :confused :confused :confused
  9. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Linea 1.4
    Why do we think we know better than the Fiat guys themselves?

why do we think Fiat cars are not selling?

I think our posts in this thread is a form of Fiat bashing.
    The others who bash Fiat are for its products and here we are bashing Fiat for their sales strategy. The point is everybody's bashing Fiat.

The fact is Fiat is selling decently with just 2 models in India. This despite the fact that they are reentering the Indian market and don't have a direct setup yet.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
  10. rohitjha

just like TATA Fiat must also launch a powerful engine for top-end model linea with 1.6 mjd in topend model ( like tata have Quadrajet - they always tell ppl about powerful engines and there r there own diesal engines too which ppl buy ) hathi ke daant khane ke aur or dikhane ke or :)

Tv shows also test high-end models so there will be no issue of power.

I think there is a need to launch some new models ( atleast 2) New palio novo, Uno , Panda

I thing more i Want to say

fiat is the manufacturer of 1.3 multijet diesel engine than how is it possible that tuning is better, gearbox is better in other cars (according to TV shows)

Sx4 is also launched with the same engine that linea has than why Tv Anchors :confused r saying its powerful
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.