1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Sales (2011) discussion - continued

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Jan 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    the sales number will never increase with the current range of products. what people consider when buying car is the practicality and very few like us decide from the heart. quite a lot of my friends ask me which car to buy. recently my friend wanted a diesel around 10 lacks. though i suggested him to have a look at linea i knew he will not buy it cos less pick up, low GC and no buyers after 3-4 years. and that is from his point of view very valid. like him all buyers would consider these points and stay away from fiat. only a true fan will buy and they will be less in numbers.
  2. abk1980

abk1980 Amatore

My sense of what is required to increase sales (in order) by any brand in a similar situation:
    - Fresh and sustained advertisement campaign that showcases the brand's strengths / perceived strengths - I love the VW ad in this aspect. This will generate interest despite the negativity.
    - ONLY dedicated Fiat showrooms which sell the premium experience (in looks) along with the premium cars. Tata & Fiat brands stand for completely different values. Selling them together under the same roof is bound to be confusion in the mind of both the buyer and the seller about what the car represents. Mind you, the experience with the sales person is not that important - Fiat can get away with the brand looking good even if the salesperson does not, a la VW. You do not need many dealerships to generate sales - but the few dealerships must showcase the brand well. That shall pull the buyers.
    - Long term warranty schemes (already launched - but must be publicized)
    - Good quality products with NO obvious problems or niggles like misaligned panels or wheels, etc. This last 1% of effort is critical, and not putting it in is inexcusable and a recipe for failure because these are immediately visible and affect a human being psychologically the most. My father rejected the TJet outright for this reason. VW is probably once again a good example - the dealer maybe arrogant and good for nothing, but he most likely does not showcase or deliver cars with obvious issues.

Fiat is selling a premium hatchback and a C segment sedan - it must conquer the cities before it looks at the towns. The current arrangement positions the brand as an also-ran with no stature and uncertain future. The dealers are spread across the country in large numbers and little capability to do justice to the brand. Its products are perceived as unknown and "different", with no premium value - the consumer is not aware of the strengths of the car. Heck, I had to read the internet forums to figure out what is good about Fiat. Just he term "admiration guaranteed" along with some beautiful pictures conveys that it is a beautiful car and that is it! How do I know that this car has the best handling and high speed capabilities? Or that its so much fun to drive (TJet) and yet not a guzzler? Or that its is built like a tank and is the safest car in its segment?

The joint venture may continue in other areas like ASS etc. I think the importance of ASS and its cost is overstated, as Skoda's example shows. It should be tackled, but it can wait till after you have pulled in the buyers.

Personally, I dont think the numbers are so bad that Fiat should pack up. But the difference between what the product seems capable of vs. what it is actually achieving hurts.

With all that out of my system, I wait for my TJet :)
    Btw, I am not a Fiat loyalist (or loyal to any brand). But I do buy from the heart.
  3. Bala

Bala Esperto

So,who are those innocent,ignorant 2010 souls??
  4. cliffhanger

cliffhanger Amatore

You are absolutely spot on. Please send this in a mail to Fiat.
  5. nk4FIAT

nk4FIAT Superiore

I also think you hit the right spot. please send mail to FIAT, Italy with copy to FIAT, India
  6. royj

royj Esperto

Except for this one point, I feel you are spot on with your comments. ::T Please feel free to send a mail to FIAT.
  7. sungoa2010

I got a call from TASS today saying that Fiat is updating AC and they have given an appointment for tomorrow. It will take one day and Sunday they are working to deliver the updated cars. I told them that AC in my car is a absolute chiller and there is no problem. It seems they will fill the gas at free of coast.Welcome move from Fiat. Fiat keep it up.
  8. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    come on , guys do not narrow down yourself with b2b traffic/ mediocre mundane activities. do not just under understate our capabilities.

if fiat brings bravo for 15-16lacs in india , here i am a potential buyer !!!!

i do not want just any cheapo car for urban riding . i look for quality factor too. even though i buy in emi and bank loans i definitely do consider the aesthetics of place where i dwell.and car i believe is second home but with wheels.

i am not interested in brand value as i am neither a buziness man nor some big shot rep.

but owning and riding my car should be extreme pleasure.
    even though my present car punto is a pleasure to drive but the way attitude of fiat has been portrayed in india and even this forum is a huge reason of sleepless nights for me.
    i am totally worried if there was some major break down or some technical issues ,who is going to save me??? none it seems i will be like......

this thing called bad a.s.s definilty do haunt me everytime i think about my fiat. yes sure it does.
    it is like bride is great well mannered but her family members are criminals and bandits. punto is piece of gem as of now but service centre omg.!!!
  9. sharma_sanjeevin

sharma_sanjeevin Regolare

IMO, FIAT should bring out their Small Car ASAP or introduce the Palio with a New Name & refreshed interiors and price it competitively like the Ford Figo. That can turn the tide in favour of FIAT.
    Otherwise with only 2 Models in their kitty and ABSOLUTELY No promotion for the Fantastic products, they will die an untimely death considering the upcoming competition from the Ford FIesta & the Verna RB.

Where is the Re-Worked strategy & the guys from the Accenture who were working with them to improve the situation ?
  10. srinivaschandalada

srinivaschandalada Amatore

Grande Punto 1.3
    For gods sake OPEN YOUR EYES FIAT :hit . Look at what tata did to the sales of nano which were 300 odd in december ,5000+ in jan 2011, and 8500+ in feb 2011. It was the same nano in dec 2010 and feb 2011 , just clever advertising and schemes did the trick. Just imagine what you could do with such superb products like linea and punto.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.