1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Sales (2011) discussion - continued

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Jan 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. micra at 2030 with wafer thin network sells almost double to PUNTO. what the heck is happening ????? :A :A
    m disappointed :cry: whts stopping u FIAT?????
  2. @kr_vasudev, If FIAT can't do it with existing products then forget about them doing with new one. Existing products are excellent and superior than competitors in their respective segment. Spoil sport is not the product but the Marketing, Sales and A.S.S. If this does not improve then no point in bringing new products. You are the T-JET owner. Can you please tell your experience of T-JET and ANHC TD (assuming you took TD of City as well)
  3. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore
    Anand,

I am not denying on the wonderful products FIAT has. Vento 1.6, Fiesta to come with 1.6 and new Verna, it is high time to get 1.6 MJD. FIAT has always been setting trend in the market.

From my recent discussions with sales rep TJet is selling better than 1.4 NA, considering this trend 1.6 will surely outsell 1.3, provided they get that with ~50K add on cost to the existing 1.3 MJD.

FYI: I kept only two options 1.3 MJD/1.4 TJet, so never ever thought of even TD'ing other vehicles ;). I sold my loyal Palio and got the Jet. If 1.6 MJD was available, I would have gone for it
  4. Hey Vasu, Yes. I understand your point. Thanks for clarification! But my point is even with 1.6 Ltr engine, FIAT may not improve the sales. We need to analyze the Customers opting for T-JET. It appears that most of those T-JET buyers are the one who would have been loyal FIAT customers and would have gone for 1.4 FIRE engine. FIAT needs Customers who are buying City, Vento and SX4 to buy T-JET. I am saying this as there is no substantial improvement in the overall sales of Linea after T-JET is introduced. Others can correct if this is incorrect (fact). Now when 1.6 Ltr engine is introduced my fear is that, 1.4 multijet Customer’s may go in for that. FIAT need to focus on those potential Customers who are going to buy Vento, Fiesta etc. Irony is that FIAT sales engine to Maruti who sells more Swifts and DZires than Puntos and Lineas!!! Why? Simple reasons – Marketing, Sales, A.S.S. etc.
  5. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    let me be a car consumer or car buyer,a typical indian car buyer,what i will consider

good interiors, it should look class apart.with good fit and finish.me or my wife do not like gaps or holes on dashboards and other places.at least my friends wont appreciate that.

good driveability..it should be effortless and easy which include high visibility and comfortable seats

great driveability i should feel i have good power in hand shoots like a rocket from stand still. and yes most of the time i travel in city or short distance so low end torque should be convinietly available..it should not scare me or make me feel need more.

good options or varients including auto trans ..i may prefer manual transmission but my wife like automatic so for her i would like to buy autotrans..

comparitively good fuel efficiency ..i just wanted to be convinced that it wont drain my pockets

chilling ac.

after market modification accessories.

i dont care : interiors are cramped, ass is poor,styling is not upto mark, because somehow i can manage all these things after purchase.

but sigh..what all does fiat meet up in present car?
  6. sid_10000

sid_10000 Regolare

Pune
    There is no denying the fact that the Brand Name and after sales are the biggest factors that drives car sales in India. With roads already cramped up bumper to bumper, there is no point trying to sell a car with mediocre after sales and few more horses. The only things that can save a great product like TJET are some Brand Building and Marketing strategy that is not merely hinged on "admiration".

Despit Pune being a automotive hub, FIAT has only one dealer and that too tied up with TATA. Sales representatives take ages to respond, dont call back, offer no opinions and are aloof most of the time. Numerous calls about the status of bookings and registrations are unanswered. Fiat management dont need to hire a firm to figure this out, they just need to try and book a fiat car like a normal buyer.

Till Fiat improves its attitude and most importantly the brand value, only and only the fiat enthusiasts (who are very few in number) will line up and suffer the attrocities of dumb sales executives to book their dream machines.....
  7. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP

you cannot blame sales executives or dealership only. they work for vitamin m if they are starved of it (which is apparent presently )why should they be concerned about anything else. if manufacturer support with proper vitamins everything should come to right track. have anybody ever asked how much a tatafiat technician's remuneration is compared to maruthi suzuki? the difference if you come across ever will let you know the reasons behind all grievances.

i personnally have couple of italian friends(not fiatians though) and ofcourse germans,english, et al.(because of my job) i know how how different they are and ofcourse they have critically unique attitude of their nativity(even we indians have it). when it comes to arrogance and brat like attitude it is germans first, second comes italians nonetheless they are seekers of perfections , but they dont care about thier past and thier previous doings something like that. so when you go with a complaint with the something they have offered, they dont care rather they remain buzy with new and improved ones. when finished ,they smile and say "viola, here is better one buy it, throw the old one"

well at least we indians cannot tolerate it but that is the way of living for them.

(forgive me if that hurts any of the brothers in here )

well i do not see any chance for fiat other than dismal number of sales and keep rolling. but iam equally happy that i own fiat and it is wonderfully a vfm for me at least when considered feature wise.
  8. nk4FIAT

nk4FIAT Superiore

Hyderabad
    Every statement. Simply true. 10000%
  9. sid_10000

sid_10000 Regolare

Pune
    I donno how Italians live and deal but their behavior comes from a fact that they earn a lot more than a regular Indian does. for them changing cars is much more easier than its for a Indian. We save for years before we make a decision to buy a car. And when a average Indian goes to market to buy a car his primary concern is to buy something that will give him peace of mind and will be a no hassles car.

believe it or not almost 95% of the Indian buyers are stuck on brand reliability and maintenance costs than Horses or 0-100 timings for a car. So there you go... Linea TJet / Punto 90 will not be a sensible product for majority Indians who fail so see beyond mundane reality.... :)
  10. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Any idea about the difference in maintainance cost of Fiat that of Honda or Hyundai?. I don't think there is much difference. Some who own both brands can five some information.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.