1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Sales (2011) discussion - continued

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Jan 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Source - Team-Bhp

Feb - 2011

Linea : 757
    Punto : 1082
    Palio : 3

Jan, it was - 2174

Linea : 947
    G Punto : 1203
    Palio : 24
  2. 15 percent drop in sales vis a vis Jan 2011.

Jan 2011 would be more because there were lot many customers who booked the car towards end 2010 and registered in 2011.
  3. nk4FIAT

nk4FIAT Superiore

Hyderabad
    Bit dissapointed with the figures. FIAL has to do much more . Immediate solutions- Advt aggressively in all media, come quickly with FIAT brand showrroms. Long term solutions- Bring good models like Bravo/palio novo(with other name) showing comittment for long run in India, Improve FIAT sales n service teams in existing tata showrooms and prevent the sales guys from diverting Punto buyres to Vistas and Linea buyers to Manzas, Maintain quality of cars in all respects, Give the every customer as per his range ( from small car around 2.5 L to ferrari/Alfa Romeos till 50L)
  4. srinivaschandalada

srinivaschandalada Amatore

Kakinada
    kakinada
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I dont believe these numbers, the number of un registered fiats have increased in my place. Two days back a man stopped by me in a diesel zen and took stock of my car. He told me he had gone to check out a white fiat punto E pack, which the dealer did not have in stock, and was told " why do you want a punto E pack costing 7.5 lakhs after discount, when you are getting the much bigger manza for 7.22 lakh , they both have the same engine, blue tooth etc". But this particular customer knew what he wanted and booked a white punto E pack.
    How many people are like this ? I bet more than 50 % of customers will fall for such stupid sales men.
    Fiat has to find a solution to change this,at the same it cannot afford to cut of contacts with tata keeping in mind the large network. Fiat has already plans to have exclusive showrooms in metros. But they should set up showrooms in smaller cities too.There are number of good workshops servicing old fiats like padmini, 1.3 D, palio 1.9 D,petra, Uno etc. These workshops should be identified and given authroised service center status if not dealership. I can tell you one particular workshop " Popular automobiles " at kakinada who has been servicing fiat cars from the past 40 years, it also was a sub dealer for uno and palio before the tie up with tata. There are around 15 uno's and 20 + palio's and around 4 Petras still being serviced by this workshop. there are more than 10 old fiats (mumbai Taxi Type) still running merrily just because of this workshop. I myself used to get my uno and palio serviced here.Many punto and linea owners go back disappointed knowing it is not a authorised service center.I myself have witnessed number of people coming and making enquiries about punto and linea thinking they still sell fait cars. One of my friends of jain jewellers decided to buy a Punto Epack and ended buying an i 20 just because the the warranty would be void if serviced at this center. Many of us punto and linea owners are waiting for the warranty period to expire so we can get our cars serviced here because we are sure TASS would not even come close to the service provided here. The owner still drives with passion his 1952 model fiat millimo( not sure of the spelling) Which is good as new. At present two linea's compleatly smashed are being restored.One of the owner got a quote of Rs 140000 From TASS , and a waiting period of two months.At popular the job would cost him 106000 with a waiting period of3 weeks.
    Then arises the question of spares.The cost and time of the Repairs to the particular Linea which i mentioned would have much less if the spares could be sourced directly from fiat. But now the spares are being sourced from a Tata dealer at a much higher rate. Fiat should make available spares to non TASS service centers which would mean many more towns can be covered and many more happy customers.
    I will later attach some photos of this particular workshop at which at any one point of time you can find atleast 10 to 15 orphaned kin ( of fiat india) being taken care of.
  5. Linea deserves better numbers with TJet at the helm.

Sedans :
    Linea - 757
    Honda City - 3668 cars
    Vento - 3548
    Sx4 (Petrol) - 3534
    Verna - 1241
    Fiesta - 1074
    Cedia : 19

Hatchbacks :
    Punto : 1082
    Palio : 3
    Chevy UVA : 118
    Figo : 7,883
    Jazz : 400
    i20 : 6,834
    WagonR : 14131
    Dzire : 9490 ( is this a hatch back or sedan ? :eek: )
    Swift : 10936
    Ritz : 5882
    Micra : 2030
    Fabia : 1466
    Etios : 2786
    Polo : 3,303
  6. Correction Tony, All of us are ;-)
  7. multijetter

multijetter Regolare

Mumbai
    These numbers are low but not disappointing. I compare Fiat with Skoda and Nissan who has 2 or 3 model in lower and mid price range. If you will compare Fiat with Hyundai, Maruti, etc. They have lot of models in all different category From A To C.
    Even with bad history in India and with 2 models only they are doing an average job. I personally feel that Fiat needs a small car in 3 to 4 Lacs and a sedan in 5 to 7 Lacs. Then you can expect more numbers. I hope fiat will defiantly bring some good and VFM models to India.

A small car is on the way and may be here before Dec 2011. I think fiat will also bring a sedan in early 2012, along with a good marketing strategy and advertising campaign.

In India I really feel that if any company has to start their initial product range from 3 to 4 lacs or 30 t0 40 Lacs. In both situations They gain the popularity ::D

Fiat_Sienna_2011.jpg

Fiat_Sienna_2011_2.jpg
  8. ram9009

ram9009

fiat sales

It founds very pathetic that sales figures of fiat is very low compared to its other competators.

Dec sales Jan Sales Feb Sales

Linea 189 947 757
    Punto 62 1203 1082

Vento 3160 2308 3548
    Polo 2356 3023 3303

Fabia 1853 1460 1466

Micra 1057 1784 2030
  9. but then ford had same problems like fiat earlier.
    they could change their fortune and the rhinking of the company as a whole in the country.

ford were expensive to maintain and had reliability issues
    now that whole thing has changed with fiesta and the figo.
    they are doing good numbers.
    AND THE SALES MEN AT THESE TATA FIAT CENTERS TRY TO SELL TATA CARS ONLY AND IF ANY ONES GOES AND ENQUIRES ABOUT ANY FIAT PRODUCE THEY COMPARE THEM WITH VISTA AND MANZA AND TRY TO PUSH THAT PRODUCT RATHER THAN HELPING THE CONSUMER AND GIVING HIM THE REQUIRED INFO.
    Another pain is the warranty and the service of FIAT cars at TASS.
    They are a pain.
    They dont give proper service first and if we go outside they void the warranty.
    thats not fair...

ONLY WAY TO SEE MORE CARS WE LOVE ON ROADS IS FIX ALL THE PROBLEMS AND THEN ADVERTISE...
    i10 advt. comes almost a hundered times each day in almost all the regional channels also. in the regional languages.
    BUT FIAT????????????????????????????????????
    :ban
    :redcar
    :sad1
  10. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore
    Sad to see the FIAT sales figures. Bring 1.6MJD, no point in struggling to improve the sales with current products ;)

One interesting OT -- Palio SDX dhamaka offer is back @ Bangalore 4.65 On road 2011 model 60 days waiting period and 25K advance.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.