1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Sales (2011) discussion - continued

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Jan 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tjetdriver

tjetdriver Amatore

Bengaluru, India
    patience :)
    it is only a few hours into March 1st.
  2. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    I think we should have a separate thread something like "Misconceptions about Fiat vehicles:Fiat users view" where we can discuss all the biased opinions against fiat and we can clarify many. I myself has gone through various reviews especially ownership reviews to know more about fiat vehicles. I had a belief that Punto is a sluggish car after reading biased reviews on INTERNET but now realizing the power of the engine. Had I not taken some more effort from my side to take many test drives and get clarified by myself about the quality of the vehicle I would have ended up buying some rubbish products. So a dedicated thread for clarifying wrong the biased reports against Fiat will be helpful for public.
  3. Rajen

Rajen Regolare

Bangalore
    Fiat sales for Febrary is 1,842 nos.
  4. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Kindly do post the source links when you post any figures.
    Thanks
  5. Rajen

Rajen Regolare

Bangalore
  6. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Thanks Rajen
    @Mods: Would you kindly merge Rajens post to make the first post authentic.

1842 is not a happy figure for company, its almost 20% lower than Feb, 2010
  7. I would love to be optimistic and be happy for the numbers but its painful to see a good car does not make in good numbers. Its got the cost, quality advantage over Swift, i20 and Polo. The lagging numbers are mainly because many people in smaller towns and villages does not know that a car called Punto and Linea exists. There has been multiple theories formulated by Fiat bashers on the dwindling numbers especially in T-BHP. I would simply say its a crap and full biased views
    When you analyze the issue, it comes down to Fiat not reaching to the masses. Forget about the panel gaps, low quality plastics and turbo lag etc. First get the car to people. Give them a chance to look and drive it. I am sure its going to seduce the majority.
    I purchased my Punto in Kolar, a small town near Bangalore. All I did was I kept my white beauty outside so that all could have a look at it. In a month time, my sales guy calls at me and tells that there has been 4 bookings for Punto from my neighborhood.
    Fiat please gear up. display it near Government offices, get it to corporate campus, take it to courts where you find people and then see the magic.
    I hope some one takes note of it, after all a better car deserves better number

Nandish
  8. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
  9. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4
    I wouldnt have written this here . but , i think i should share my thoughts which is something i vocally say when there is a debate and i think its no harm trying to write it in black n white here :hit

There is something about us indians . We have a Fear , a phobia about anything thats good . (or looks good).

I will use some examples to illustrate :

1. We are taught by elders - Zyada Hanso math ..rona padega (Dont Be happy so much , you will have to cry )
    2. Arey nayi car mein dent/scratch ho gaya ...nazar utar gaya .... now its a lucky car (Damn the brand or features , it is the Dent that is the highlight/best feature in the car now :A )

Some other examples from our other popular interests - Bollywood .
    1. If a guy/gal actor looks too good, tall, handsome ,everything going for him/her ...he surely cant act then (though , maybe true n some cases)
    2. All top actors are butka (short) ...they are not "perfect " ..some even ugly ::V :hit (dont wana take names) ...Wow he acts so well ... the short-comings /handicaps work FOR them (we are indians) ....i m not even going to the other film industries in india here ::V
    (Amitabh Bachhan is a different topic ::pP )

Now, why would i mention things so silly on this thread ??? :hit

The Moral of the above - WE WILL NOT ACCEPT ANYTHING THAT IS GOOD ! ( WE CANT BELIEVE SOMETHING CAN LOOK GOOD AND BE GOOD TOO)

Now ,i can go on and on and this my sound silly too but this is a sad truth about us . One example which is very recent is a thread that i will share on how someone just is in love with a FIAT Punto but bought a Swift. Now his ultimate satisfaction is not loving and enjoying his car but his biggest pleasure is in seeing a Punto owner suffering due to some issues with his car. What drives this mentality - the same thing i mentioned above ...this is a beautiful car but it has to be flawed and this guy got this kick out of it because his theory/mentality is vindicated. Check here viewtopic.php?f=48&t=1901&start=10

So, this is the Final Truth about FIAT . They are making Good Products . They will do decent numbers.
    Others are making Decent Cars . They will do Good numbers . (Amoghs comparison of Polo vs Punto proves this point beyond doubt )

Let us rest this case now :hit
  10. tjetdriver

tjetdriver Amatore

Bengaluru, India
    Month on Month 300 cars less or about 20% less from Jan to Feb.
    There is no case to rest :). the case is with the "Wall" - Fiat India Pvt Ltd.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.