1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Sales (2011) discussion - continued

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Jan 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    amit i did not get what you intended to point with the above post in tfi.
    i do not feel that criticizing other brands makes us better in any time. what fiat dont have and rest of the car do have is reliable ass history. fiat has always tricked customer when it comes to long term service and consistency. even now spare parts takes ages to get replaced .the general excuse is, they have to import the spares from italy .and look closely behind any of the product....viola..it is "tata" made in india.
    i have no clue whether it is italian arrogance or indian "tata" negligence. if not resolved fiat has long way to go or it will go nowhere!!
    fiat has been in india since ages .when i was just a kid fiat cars were one of the best. but indians has learnt lessons upon lessons that fiat would leave them in middle of grievances.
    so is the reason rest of the car industry has learnt and taken advantages where fiat has failed miserably.
    so to conclude ,even if couple of toyotas or hondas explode in the middle of road the reason stated would be either faulty road or bad fuel quality. people would not be much interested to let down those brands whom were faithful to them in india and everywhere else even though they are bit on expensive side yet they let you ride with your hopes at least .
    when it comes to fiat or tata ..well we all know it.
  2. sham

I tried 5 times and 6th time i was accepted, its the essay they look into i feel. And i post TF links in t-bhp also, they don't mind. And also rebels from t-bhp has started their forum http://www.gearheads.in :)

Criticalness is not bad, members normally criticize mostly when servicing is let down there. We should see how people are critical of skoda there. Every one agrees Fiat is a great car, just servicing and mishandling in service centers has been a let down. Once Fiat improves service it can be top there along with maruthi and hyundai. I have Honda, Hyundai and Fiat so i can conclude all of them are great cars, but Fiat has to do lot of catching to do in terms of servicing, availability of parts and customer care.

I still strongly believe Fiat going with TATA was a big mistake. If they had their own showrooms and service centers with cars like Punto and linea, we would had a different Fiat story to tell in India. Otherwise how could one explain, TATA and Maruthi using same engine and not so great looks as fiat is doing so good. Its just win win for TATA, and loose loose for Fiat.

Fresh complaint of Fiat servicing saga continues.
  3. people at fiat need to show that fiat has changed or atleast trying to change its ass now.
    Only selling the car is not important now a days.
    That image which got into the minds of our country men on toyota and honda will never change. Its like average kya hai thing.
    It will stay for even. And with the current state of affairs at fiat, i fear they might as well stop producing fiat vehicles in their plant, and increase the number of tata vista and the engine and gear boxes produced. And be happy with the profits..
  4. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    I am not bashing any brand. I, myself, own a Honda City and if you visit Sanjeev Sharma's thread in the what car section on this forum, you will notice that I have asked him to go for the Vento over the Linea.

The point I was trying to make was that the largesse we show to Japanese & korean car makers is out of line. My point is simple. If A does something which makes him worthy of getting flak then B should get the same flak for the same goof up.

My point was made in the line I quote again here:

This isn't about Fiat. Neither is it about Honda or Toyota. It's about all of the names listed above. The Japanese are very good at PR management. Not just in India but around the world. Can you imagine the extent of doomsday talks if Fiat or VW recalled 8 million cars?

Take the case of the Toyota recall. Almost everybody thanked Toyota for showing honesty and straightforwardness in recalling their cars saying thats why customer trust them blindly. This even after it was very clear that Toyota was forced to make the recall by the authorities. And the cosmic rays theory!! Come on! And people buying that theory too!! Another theory was it was driver's error. Many drivers stepped on the accelerator instead of brakes. My question is how come only Toyota drivers did that?! There was every attempt made by Toyota to brush this issue under the carpet, every attempt to not take responsiblity for this. Yet, we go Hail Toyota!

Closer home take the example of the Fortuner brakes. What do you think would have happened if the Vento or Linea had that issue?

Another example is the Hyundai service thread on TBHP. It's opened a can of worms suddenly. Why were these issues not spoken off earlier? Why are we ever ready to crucify Fiat or VW or Chevrolet for the smallest of goof up's while Hyundai gets away with blunders for so many years?!

Why is it that despite being extremely vocal about the service problems, most Fiat owners are biased while Hyundai owners are not despite them keeping quiet about the problems they have faced for years from their dealers?!

why is it that poor fit and finish that is acknowledged and rectified by Fiat a deal breaker but steering rattles and ACC issues in Hyundai that the company refuses to acknowledge not deal breakers?

If you go through my thread on TBHP, it was the first thread to show a picture of the poor fit and finish around the ignition console. I spoke about a loose mounting nut in my car. How many i20 owners spoke about cooling problems in their cars?

I am not here to make fun of any brand or forum. All I am saying is that rules should be same for all. Justice should be same for all.

I am with you when you say Fiat goof's up on service. Damn them for that. It took them almost 4-5 months to give me a new desmodonic key! I don't care if it's a dealer issue. The dealer goofs up because the manufacturer doesn't have control over him.

Like any car buyer I want hassle free ownership - both from the car and the manufacturer and dealer. Fiat has given that to me. With the Palio for 6 years and now with the Punto for over 1 1/2 years. If the car or Fiat had troubled me with the service I wouldn't have bought the Punto. As simple as that. I bought a SX4. I had problems with the car and the dealer's (Yes I visited 3 dealers and all they said was 'yeh EPS hai, yeh aisa hi hota hai!'). I got rid of the SX4 and in all probablity will never buy a Maruti ever.

For the Maruti dealers saying 'EPS aisa hi hota hai', I have a message. I have a Honda City now with EPS. You are welcome to drive my City and see EPS kaisa hota hai!

Enough of off topic posts IMO. Let's not talk about other forums and car makers.

Don't we have Fiat's crashing sales to worry about?!

PS: I would love to start a ownership thread on my City. Question is where?!
  5. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Amith right said I have noticed its a psychology effect.: The owners come up with more problems once their problems are solved (FIAT) :car , But if their problems are never solved or listened they dont have any other problems (Japanese / korean ) :devil
  6. kaps

kaps Superiore

Agree with amit. Just closing our eyes to criticism will not make it go away. Cross referencing threads/news/articles from other sites and forums is the beauty of internet and that is how knowledge spreads. There are many issues I would have never realised if I was not following up on numerous sites.

About Hyundai owners keeping mum over problems, I would give full points to Hyundai for understanding and exploiting Indian mindset to the fullest.

Amit, why not start your ownership thread on ANHC as an independent thread in ownership reviews. It will be great to hear your non-partisan views about ANHC and Punto.
  7. nk4FIAT

nk4FIAT Superiore

Tensiiiiiiiioooooooooonnnnnnnnnn. just 01 day to go.Tomorrow Feb figures will be out.
    Hoping FIAT will continue or even outperform Jan'11 figures.
    Fingers crossed till tomorrrow evening.
  8. I myself ve tried 6 times but no luck in team bhp..
    What was it that you eventually wrote in essay that u got through?? May be i too get lucky with it..
    I guess passing an iit enterance exam s easier than it. ::D

Mods Note - Please don't use upper case without any reason.
  9. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Linea 1.4
    Re: Re: Fiat India - Sales (2011) discussion - continued

Head to the hangout section.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
  10. Ichimaru

Ichimaru Regolare

Gurgaon, India
    where are the figures???
    Isn't it time they should be out?
Thread Status: