1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Sales (2011) discussion - continued

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Jan 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mat46

mat46

Mumbai/Kochi
    The ANHC recall is not India specific, it is part of a global recall for all cars with this engine. They have done this to avoid legal issues in those countries,and not to earn brownie points per se.

Engine issues are like coronary issues in humans, they can have serious ramifications. Honda badge, or rather credibility, as far as the ANHC is concerned will take a hit.
    Resale values of ANHC may also get affected,and will impact sales.

FIAT may be a beneficiary of this. As it is, I am seeing a lot more new Lineas on the road these days, mostly MJDs'. I think buyers are increasingly finding these as the best value for money, and negative service images as overstated.

Whereas, I still dont see many TJets on the road, I dont see any Ventos' either, nor for that matter any ETIOS.
  2. saugdas

saugdas

Trichy
    6 months back, when i started thinking of changing my car , i used to consciously look for a Linea on the road but could hardly find one in my town. Yesterday between 6 to 6:30 PM, within a stretch of 4 to 5 kms , i could find 2 FTA, 1 FR , 1 TW & 1 Silver. Out of the few i could check the type - all are MJD Emotion/+pack. In fact, there were 3 Lineas standing in front of the Reliance hyper mart side by side including mine. Seems that people have started learning (from me in my town) ::V :drinks
  3. saugdas

saugdas

Trichy
    Somewhere the issues are getting mixed there resulting in some false pride among a few associated with the recall by Honda.
    First - there is no doubt that if there is a mistake, it has to be corrected. This is a basic requirement applicable to any business. There has been numerous examples associated with product recalls both in India and abroad in automobile sector and other sectors as well. This is just a correction to a problem where the initial product does not even conform to a 'must be quality'. I do not understand why people are jumping over the table to praise Honda for this?
    Second - Why do people pay premium for a brand? The ONLY reasons are
    1) RELIABILITY. And this is a combination of 'Repeatability' and 'Reproducability' of the 'best designs'.
    2) Attractive Quality' - which is beyond the customer's expectations.
    In the recent recalls by Honda - both the promises of reliability and attractive quality are shattered. When a product fails to conform to minimum requirements, where is the question of Attractive quality? So why should one pay premium if its offerings are same as any other brands in the sector.
    Third - The magnitude of the problem: We have seen recalls (proactive or reactive) due to improvements/corrections in features like in AC units, switches etc.. But i think (correct me if i am wrong) this is the first time we are seeing a problem in the heart of a car. So why should one believe that Honda is a technically advanced brand?
    Fourth - Handling of the problem by Honda - I do not need to elaborate on this as some of us have already raised questions / apprehensions and hypothesises for justification of the same in this thread - like why after 1 year? Why so many cars? Why i am yet to recieve a call from the dealer? Dealer saying car is in the list Honda web site says not etc.....not the way expected from a premium brand.

In a nutshell, while Honda has done the right thing in recalling to correct mistakes, there is no need to feel proud and boast of it instead of accepting the simple fact this has only reduced the respect for Honda in the minds of the logically thinking. What really differentiates Honda from others?

Sorry for the off-topic discussions in between but could'nt resist my take on this episode since never could digest why Honda is worth a premium?
  4. Ichimaru

Ichimaru Regolare

Gurgaon, India
    +1
    To that and even I don't believe that Honda is worth the premium.
    Also, I know that the issue should not have been there at the first place and people pay for reliability etc. and Honda is not doing anyone any favor!
    But I just spoke my mind and it is one of those very, very few times when I praise Honda (in fact its just an appreciation and not even a praise)
    Honestly, from as far as my knowledge goes, Honda is known for making reliable (read trouble free) cars. However, I would still like them more for this gesture as I like it more when people accept their mistakes.

Coming back to the topic, I am slowly seeing more and more Puntos on road and a few 90HP's as well, very few though. Have only spotted one TJET in Noida as of yet (got launched in October).
    Saw a new Linea today only.
    Anyone has any idea how sales are going?
    I guess Linea sales might suffer as people might be waiting for sx4 launch. However, I believe there would not be many people who would go for SX4 when they have knowledge about Linea, unfortunately, only a handful lot :(
  5. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
    People opting for a sedan from Maruti stable belong to a distinct mindset. They wouldn't look at Linea as an option anyway. For such people, it has to be Maruti, whatever quality, whatever price.

So far, it appears Fiat cars are being bought by who had some association with earlier Fiat cars as well as a few logically thinking people. The masses are still thinking like herds.
  6. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    I agree totally with Kaps, that Fiat cars are owned by person who have owned Fiat cars earlier or an Intelligent thinking people, The marketing strategy should be stronger on these paths,Anyways can anyone tell the sales in the month of Feb 2011.
  7. sham

sham

It looks like Fiat sales has increased in January after December pathetic sales. Linea beating Fiesta this time.

Fiat Jan 2011 Sales
    Linea : 947
    G Punto : 1203
    Palio : 24

Fiat December 2010 sales
    Linea : 189
    Punto : 62
    Palio : 23
    500 : 1

More info refer http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-ca ... gures.html
  8. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    Honda has recalled the last two generations of the City and also the Accord a few years back for faulty fuel pumps. I believe Overdrive magazines long term Accord's fuel pump failed on the expressway after which this issue got some publicity.

City has always been the bread and butter model for Honda in India and despite recalling the last two generations the City's reputation is not only intact but also getting stronger and stronger! This would surely not have happened if the car was called Chevrolet City, Fiat City, Volkswagen City or Skoda City.

Even after recalling 8 million cars (that equals the total production of cars in India for 4 years!!!) Toyota's reputation is as strong as ever. The PR machinery was so strong that even in US many experts , newspapers & magazines said that a small issue was being blown out of proportion! There was even a theory that cosmic rays were responsible for what happened in Toyota cars. What's worse is that many people bought this theory. Can someone please explain to me how cosmic rays are smart enough to only target Toyota cars?!?!!

http://www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/toyota-cosmic-2010-04-14
  9. nk4FIAT

nk4FIAT Superiore

Hyderabad
    :eek:fftopic I fully agree with Jayadev. I got lot of infractions for posting pro-FIAT posts. Whether its FIAT1100, Padminis or Linea/puntos.
    Anyway last month I am banned for 6 motnhs for " Praising unnecessary brand FIAT with fanboy posts"
    Earlier I was sharing time between xxxx-xxx and TFI but now I feel more homely at TFI and full time activity.
  10. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    nk4FIAT you are in the right house buddy,
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.