1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Linea 1.6 MJD

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by Arun1100, Apr 12, 2011.

1. sharma_sanjeevin

sharma_sanjeevin Regolare

Mumbai
    Hey Arun, Where it has begun ? i guess only on the Net and that too between the Enthusiasts like us only.

Can you share something on this ?
  2. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    MOD Note

Have moved this thread to Hangout since it is not a confirmed "News" from Fiat India yet. If and when it is confirmed, we will move this thread back to the Fiat India News section.

Thanks
  3. tushar

tushar

Bangalore
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2011
  4. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
  5. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    1.6 mjd is great news but ..fiat plss..no more slow coaches and lazy horses...we had enough..(i know u wont listen)
  6. pammuluvcars

pammuluvcars Regolare

IN
    Linea 1.6 MJD is on its way.....

Hi guys, Linea 1.6 MJD is coming in late 2011. I want to know whether my 1.3 can be upgraded to 1.6. Any idea? My friend told me that there is some software/component which boost the power of 1.3 and makes the BHP from 90 to 110 or something.

But the question is whether an existing 1.3 can be upgraded to 1.6. If FIAT comes up with such an option, I will surely upgrade my machine. Please advise.
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2011
  7. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    @pammuluvcars
    It would be better to sell of 1.3 MJD and buy a new 1.6 MJD when it gets launched.
  8. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    I think its pure rumour.

And Team Bhp isnt some authentic source of information.

One member claims that the power of 1.3 MJD can be boosted by a tuning box to 128 bhp and 284 Nm torque. Complete bollocks. I wonder how much would that engine last.

So, i 'd wait for an official word from FIAT.

Gurjinder.
  9. kailashnj

kailashnj Amatore

Mumbai
    Team BHP is not authentic and they are equal to TeamFiat and nothing more. Probably TeamFiat might have more info on FIAT then them. But yes if its coming then that's my next upgrade.

Gurjinder - you are right here and its not possible to boost power to 128hp by a tuning box. 106 seems more realistic on the 90hp GP. But yes the FIAT engines can take much more than that for example fiat in UK already has a car running same engine at 105hp and has turbo available upto 120bhp off the shelf. You can change over to a hybrid turbo in the 75 bhp MJD and generate around 120hp without modifying the internals. With a little changes to the internals 140bhp can be achieved.

If everything goes as planned then by next year I will have the 140bhp monster sitting in my garage as a project car for TORQUE7.co.in
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2011
  10. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    TEAM bhp is nothing but just guessing, and they are not for FIATs,
    We will have the news first with proof for sure if anything is coming in the frame.