1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Future Plans

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Dec 6, 2012.

1. GirishRaghu

GirishRaghu Amatore

MH-15 / MH-04
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    This is what I found in last month's Autocar -

Looks like the Abarth Punto might come next year, and won't cost a bomb either which will definitely interest many petrol heads!
    I wish it gets the multi-air engine :)

prabhjot likes this.
  2. Drive4freedom

Drive4freedom Novizio

Unable to see the content in the images.kindly upload readable ones
  3. multijetter

multijetter Regolare

There are indications of 1.5 diesel engine in upcoming Maruti cars from other forums, I think we ll get 1.5 multijet before June 2015. :D
  4. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Not that that'll lead to soaring sales! ;-) Fiat will make more money supplying the engine to Maruti than it will on the Linea/Avventura/Punto. But that is hardly a bother for us, now, is it? ;-)

The Linea desperately needs it i guess, and of course the 2016 Suv and/or the India-built 2016 Jeep are premised on it.

I hope to see a Fiat ad campaign sometime next year EXCLUSIVELY tom-tomming Fiat's irrefutable claim to the class-best-by-far petrol AND diesel engines. :)

Linea T-Jet
    Today November ends but there is no news of ABARTH 500!
  6. bibin

bibin Regolare

Expansion projects of Mercedes-Benz, Fiat cleared

Clearing proposals submitted by auto giants Fiat and Mercedes-Benz for their expansion projects, the State Environment Assessment Committee has set a condition. They should build toilets in 53 schools and supply clean water to 50 schools without using electricity, as their Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR).

The State Environment Assessment Committee (SCAC) cleared the proposals after considering their likely impact on environment, along with certain pointers to compensate for the “externality” — the pollution additional production of vehicles would bring in with more vehicles hitting the roads.

The expansion project of Mercedes-Benz India Ltd at MIDC, Chakan, Phase III will roll out 9,000 more vehicles. Fiat India Automobiles expansion project at Ranjangaon will increase production by 10,000 vehicles. Looking at the increase in pollution this could cause, the committee under SEAC incorporated the conditions.

“They are making more vehicles and should carry out corporate social responsibility for pollution caused. The SEAC directed these companies to follow norms. They have to provide toilet facilities and clean drinking water without using electricity,” said an official.

“While Fiat will have to provide toilet facilities for 53 schools in the district, the other auto giant will provide drinking water at about 50 schools,” said environment department officials.

The auto giants had sought clearances for the projects about two months back and they were cleared in the 89th meeting of SEAC recently. In a detailed Environment Impact Assessment report all aspects of air and water pollution, as well as water treatment, paint shops were studied for likely impact on environment. The proposals were cleared after declaring that all aspects were satisfactory.

Fiat is spread on 8.5 lakh square metre area at Ranjangaon, and Benz on 4 lakh square metre at Chakan.

Meanwhile, the Union government on Wednesday agreed to set up an environment regulator vested with powers to appraise industrial projects but with no powers to penalise violators. This follows inter-ministerial and inter-state consultations over the months after an SC order to set up an autonomous body for appraising and penalising offenders.

- See more at: http://indianexpress.com/article/ci...cedes-benz-fiat-cleared/#sthash.UHRd4vFl.dpuf
    asimpleson, Raj_pol and prabhjot like this.
  7. Raj_pol

Raj_pol Regolare

Punto Evo 1.3
    @bibin I wonder what their plans are. Is the expansion for the Tata's or Fiat planning to sell additional cars?
  8. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    I heard, for whatever such hearsay is worth, that Fiat India is in the process of getting vendors to up investment in exchange for increased demand for components. From an industry 'insider', apparently.

I hope this means that (a) preparations for the manufacture of the 1.5/1.6 mjd are underway. For Maruti as much as Fiat itself, which would also require manufacture of a different, new transmission/gearbox too?
    (b) preparations for the local assembly of the Grand Cherokee have begun, as stated in their global five-year plan (India section) of a few months ago.

(c) possibly, though it is quite early as yet, preparations for the B-Suv with 1.5 mjd for early 2016 (AutoExpo)

I guess, judging from the profits made this last financial year, that diesel engine sales have risen and are staying high despite fuel price deregulation, since Maruti needs that many more for the Ertiga, the new Ciaz, and, soon, the S-Cross and XAlpha.

The plant's doing well i guess also because of the new, increased demand caused by the Avventura and especially the Zest (and upcoming Bolt?)

Apparently, the plant, like FiatChrysler in Europe and the US does a lot more 'in-sourcing' of component manufacture than most manufacturers. A kind of backward integration. For components' exports and not just local use.
    asimpleson likes this.
  9. avithe1

avithe1 Amatore

(Mira Rd) Thane.
    Linea 1.3
    varunrtr likes this.
  10. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Yes! There are SOME chances, i mean! ;-) There had better be if they want to extract better sales out of the Linea in its last 2 years of life on the market. The Avventura does not at all need the 1.5/1.6 mjd, but it might sell at least a notable share of petrols (which i don't think it will otherwise) if it got the t-jet.

Abarths don't do diesels, but maybe an India-special Abarth Punto 1.6 mjd next year, to go with their t-jet one (promised)?

But i guess the real application of this engine (apart from sales to Maruti?) will really only be with the new B-Suv promised for early 2016, and the India-made and localized Jeep C-Suv for end 2016, as per their recent global plan (India-section)?

Hope it comes well before 2016 though, on the Linea at least