1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Future Plans

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Well although I would also like to see punto with abarth, but question is where do you put it in product line without confusing people

Punto 1.2
    Punto 1.4 Fire
    Punto Tjet (as enthusiast want)
    Punto MJD
    Punto 90 HP
    Punto Cross (Avventura)
    Punto Abarth

Then each of them have 3 variants. This means too much of confusions.
    Probably they would need to realign it to
    Punto 1.2
    Punto TJet
    Punto 90HP
    Punto Abarth
    Punto Cross

So that i could make some sense and ease in management, provided if they are eyeing this car for enthusiasts totally. But then they cannot just miss out mass market.
    prabhjot likes this.
  2. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

Pune
    MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    below post posted on team bhp : -
    Birdie, quite reliable, says 1.5MJD being developed. Essentially downsizing 1.6MJD by 100cc, a la VW. Power & torque outputs are expected to be close to the new VW 1.5 diesel.
    This,1.5MJD, will address the oft criticised underwhelming performance of the current 1.3MJD in Fiat's - yet qualify for the small car norms. The 1.3MJD's will also continue at a lower price point.
    Plans for 1.2T-Jet to take on Polo TSi still being debated - the age old investment vs volume justification argument goes on and Birdie says it does not look as if it'll make it. 1.4TJet Punto almost okayed. Will debut with Abarth badging, fettled suspension and tweaked ECU to deliver serious horsepower, but not before Diwali 2015.
    prabhjot and bharath like this.
  3. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    I hope this is true for soon enough on the Linea: early next year. Only if they hurry up can they hope to re-re-launch the new Linea to meaningful sales effect. The 1.5 mjd can be deployed to good (helped by marketing) effect in the Avventura too but not on the Punto, i feel, since it will price the Punto out of the B2 hatchback price range?

Mefeels Fiat needs to, when this bigger mjd is launched, do a marketing campaign that focusses exclusively on its great engines: esp the T-jet and the two mjd-s. Try and create a perception of being leaders in engine offerings in the Indian mass market, a perception that would be just plain true! if the 1.5 mjd is also introduced.

'Champion styling + champion engines + improved ASS' should be the pitch of every marketing effort next year, once the bigger mjd arrives.
    bharath and dadasaheb like this.
  4. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

Pune
    MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    i would like to see this 1.5 MJD in Avventura and Linea with hourses :120 PS Torque : 260 NM FE : 23-24 kmpl
    may be with 6 speed transmission on Linea.
  5. acechip

acechip Superiore

What calendar does Fiat India office run by ? Today's Oct-1-2014, not Oct-1-2013 :hungover:
    VW has already launched the 1.5 TDI on both the Polo and the Vento, and with the DSG box as well. Heck, even Skoda did the same !

Question- how many people required to fix Fiat India's calendar ?
    mchanna likes this.
  6. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Fiat already has many beauties in the stable,
    But they are scare to get it to the INDIAN Market as they are joint venture to the TATA in Ranjangaon plat.
    Once the contract is over,
    For sure FIAT will shower its great beauties, AS I BELIEVE
  7. acechip

acechip Superiore

Fiat India's problems have almost nothing to do with the limitations of the JV. The relative lack of success of its cars totally their own making. TML did not ask that Fiat should not market the Linea ? Even after they split the after-sales, Fiat has not taken any aggressive measures to market their cars. And god only knows what extra potential they see in the Avventura that they should be taking some pre-launch efforts. I'd be damned if Fiat were limited in installing the T-Jet engine in either the Punto or the Avventura because of JV limitations. And if they are, then they are the absolute pits in terms of strategy and legal teams.
  8. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    But they have taken several 'aggressive measures' to market their cars: the best website among all automobile firms, dozens of testimonial videos by current Fiat Linea owners, a very active and open facebook page, several ad campaigns from 'make the move' to 'happy life'.

So, what you really mean to say is that none of their 'measures' has borne the kind of fruit you'd like?

And yet: do note that year-on-year and year-to-date are up quite a lot since last year. AND: when engines are not the problem, what good will offering the t-jet on the Punto and Avventura do, when it has done little-to-none for the (new) Linea?

I keep saying this: fiat sales will pickup only incrementally, it is a very slow grind through hopefully to redemption in 2016, when the all-new products are launched. They are actually doing better in terms of sales growth, however low the base, than all other firms barring the dominant 3 east asian firms (ms, H, Hy). The dealer setting up phase is the cause of their apparent 'slowness'.

I think most buyers of the City and the Verna are...er, why be euphemistic?...automotive fools with no sense of VFM either: they don't know their torque from their torsion beams or common rail direct injection. That is the only real reason they aren't buying the brilliant Linea. Fiat can try this and they could try that. But the Linea's sales are just not going to improve much, it is not a marketing thing, nor an engine thing.

And so: they are right to try to focus on the Evo and esp the Avventura, both of which will holdup much better in sales terms through to 2016 than the Linea has over the last couple.

I am not overly disappointed or despairing of Fiat in India: for that i'll wait at least till the end of 2016. Only when the all-new products come and ALL the new dealerships and FASS are setup can we decide to write Fiat off. Meanwhile, their JV plant's profitable, their engine and amt sales are buoyant, what's to worry?

That said, some dealers must clearly be struggling currently, they've got to see them through...with aggressive marketing (and some not too much discounting), for what that is worth in Fiat's case. And they have to keep improving the FASS: sullied reputations for ASS are not easily dry cleaned.
    bharath and VIJENDRA SINGH like this.
  9. Raj_pol

Raj_pol Regolare

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    @prabhjot Have to say this. You are a true Fiat fan. Me, I just hope when I am ready to buy my next car :p I have the dough to buy an incredibly exciting car and some manufacturer sells a truly exciting machine. (A Clio from Renault) for example :p
    bharath and prabhjot like this.
  10. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Fiat Chrysler automobiles may be the seventh largest automotive brand in the world, but in India, it's relegated to the fringes, with a meagre 0.5 percent market share. This is a situation fiat wants to change dramatically, and that's where its 3-pronged strategy comes into play. Fiat Chrysler India's President and MD Nagesh Basavanhalli say's the focus will be on distribution, branding and products.

Source - http://www.moneycontrol.com/news/cn...ave-3-pronged-strategy-for-india_1209364.html
    SOOZ_P and prabhjot like this.