1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Future Plans

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Dec 6, 2012.

1. bharath

bharath Regolare

Coimbatore
    Sometimes,we care more for Fiat than ourselves, don't we :).I am glad that I need not jump to other brand by the time of upgrade.
  2. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Yep true. By the we 2nd generation owners wish to upgrade, it will be by 2018 onwards mostly so by then I hope fiat would have come up with viable sensible models to suite all needs
    prabhjot likes this.
  3. multijetter

multijetter Regolare

Mumbai
    Fiat should consider to launch Abarth Punto at the earliest. The only car company which will offer performance car in affordable prices(9 to 12 lac).

It will definitely enhance the image of Fiat in India. As per the response what Avventura is getting, is really good. Even Maruti and Honda loyalist are also talking about Avventura.
    I think by 2016 Fiat will make a strong foothold in India.
    Murphy_Fiat, zenwalker and prabhjot like this.
  4. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    But the question again is how many wishes to go for a performance hatch which almost looks same as punto except that it has better engine and i am really skeptical about better GB at all. Still the mindset of avg indian is "kitna deti hai". @multijetter
  5. multijetter

multijetter Regolare

Mumbai
    That's true...
    But India is changing, Buyers are ready to pay 30 Lacs for a hatch(A,B Class/1 series/Mini), only thing is the image and brand value has to be there. If Fiat will start selling Punto Abarth, ultimately confidence of a buyer will increase and it will surely support Punto, Avvantura & Linea sales. After AMG and M type , Abarth will be new contender with affordable car. And who knows Indian buyer's mood in 2016, If there is good demand for performance car, Fiat is a winner on their hand.

Indian car industry is not totally developed and new segments and trims are yet to be discovered by buyers, so lets hope for the best...
    zenwalker and prabhjot like this.
  6. Raj_pol

Raj_pol Regolare

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    It would be great if Fiat borrows some marketing ideas from Maruti and Hyundai.
    Here is what they should do in my opinion. It is just an opinion, I mean if everything I said came true we would all be partying, travelling and making love all the time :p

Start by creating a small car. Load it with features both aesthetic and functional. Make sure the safety is up to standard and then plonk the twin air engines.
    Advertise it for mileage and only mileage. Get the mango man talking. (The mango man does not visit forums, understand ghat section drives or body roll. He does understand mileage and we need to build an image there).

Take ideas from VW. Reduce engine size of 1.6 MJD to 1.5. Less excise. Better still, start manufacturing it in India. Launch Punto's with 1.5 MJD and T-jet 1.4 (they do it with different versions of the T-jet in Brazil).

Finally launch an SUV - custom designed for India, and no it cannot be a fake one like the Avventura.

This should be a good start. Hire me Fiat :D
  7. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    They could do what you advise, and proceed like Nissan-Datsun, Chevy, Tata (Nano) and VW-Skoda, to only accumulate thousands of crores of losses. Unlike Fiat's manufacturing JV with Tata for example, already making decent PROFITS.

Fiat can only viably and sustainably make money in the premium hatch and above category. D-segment is out too, and in any case is hardly worth the effort, since it is shrinking in size.The Fiat brand is, among the average car buyers, both prestigious and stigmatised, at the same time (" cars are great but ASS/the company is not). Which means that even slightly risk-averse buyers (95% of the total in the mass market segments, imo, at least) will not buy your car, even if you offer twice the percieved goodies (looks and features) they recieve from maruti, Honda and Hyundai.

And so it is clear that Fiat already have the viable-for-it segments covered with the Punto Evo 1.2 petrol upto the new Linea diesel Emotion, with the Avventura for variety.

There is therefore not much to do product-wise: a new CUV they've promised for early 2016 to sit above the Avventura, with the 1.5/1.6 mjd, and an all-new, lighter and roomier Linea and all-new Punto also for 2016-17 is about all, apart of course from the miniscule but growing performance niche (Abarth). The D-segment and above is out of Fiat;s bounds, but is ideal territory for Jeep to play in, which is what we are going to see starting next year.

i.e., they're doing all they can product-wise, other than taking too long to release the bigger mjd on the Linea and Avventura.

i.e., It is the dealers, the dealers, the ASS, the ASS.....and the marketing, and still more marketing, stupid! ;-)
    Murphy_Fiat, bharath and zenwalker like this.
  8. Murphy_Fiat

Murphy_Fiat Superiore

Trivandrum
    Trivandrum
    Linea T-Jet
    Fake!! How? Fiat is not calling it as an SUV Then how it can be a fake SUV.
    Raj_pol likes this.
  9. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    I guess he means what to the aam aadmi and aurat looks like an SUV: tall, wide and boxy, rather than sleek yet high riding like the Avventura. Less obviously hatchback-derived.

Since most of us here are not aam aadmi-s, at least when it comes to cars, and i would hope i am not in ANY case: the Avventura's more than great, interesting, saucy, butch, young, beefy, tough and spicy enough!

For now, till the CUV/'SUV', planned for early 2016, launches. And, of course, an affordable, Indian-made Jeep (or two)!
    Murphy_Fiat likes this.
  10. Raj_pol

Raj_pol Regolare

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    I am a mango man and I absolutely do not find the Avventura interesting. It just looks like a Punto. See if you are really making an effort to increase volumes, then make a good effort. One correct product is all it takes like the Ford Ecosport for example.

I did say correct and not good product.

@prabhjot - I would disagree. I did not mean a car at the Nano level. However, something at the Celerio range with an automatic would definitely work. The problem with Fiat is they have never ever advertised for mileage and they should do it with at least one product.
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2014
    prabhjot likes this.