1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Future Plans

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    Fiat is least cared about having more volumes for its upcoming cosmetic updated Punto by launching it not so soon.With no mechanical changes & same body except for Linea's interiors thats not a complete new Punto just like how they launched Punto Evo in European markets which has different kinds of doors with big bottle holders provided in it & one think i noticed why cant Fiat give roof antenna backside like how Polo,i20 & Swift have.Upcoming Indian Punto has it at front only whereas Punto Evo has it at back.
  2. shankspatel

shankspatel Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Seriously, does the placement of the antenna make any difference?? I kinda like the current antenna position, it is a bit safe and out of reach from the meddling kids and rascals that we guys have in our urban neighborhood .
  3. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    It wouldnt make any difference to the radio but if given at back the car would look more premium & stunning just like how polo,linea & other cars look,yes the current position for antenna is a bit safe & out of reach from kids & rascals who look to break it.
  4. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
  5. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Interesting information.
    Punto Abarth was never planned for this year, only 500 Abarth is planned for this year. And plan was to localise and launch Punto Abarth next year. Let's see what Fiat actually does.
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2014
  6. multijetter

multijetter Regolare

Mumbai
  7. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    1 person likes this.
  8. bharath

bharath Regolare

Coimbatore
    New Range of Products from Fiat to India:

September edition of Autocar has surprisingly carried some of Fiat news that includes Avventura Review,Elite I20 comparison with Evo,Polo & Swift and most importantly, the future planned products of Fiat for us.We can hope that most of the things will happen:rolleyes: in the future.

The highlighted points are ,

1)All-new flexible 326 platform to spawn multiple body types,
    2)Avventura by Oct 2014,
    3)Abarth 500 by Dec 2014 (Sadly Abarth Punto is not mentioned),
    5)Fiat's compact, sub-4-metre SUV (Code: X3U) by Jan 2016 (1.5 diesel engine will have its debut,a scaled down version of 1.6 JTD motor used in other Fiats & Alfa Romeos) ,
    4)New generation Linea with 1.5 diesel engine by mid 2016,
    5)New Generation Punto with same 1.3 MJD but bigger cabin,better performance but significantly lighter:confused: by end 2016.
    6)Fiat's compact sedan(Code: X3S) under 4m by early 2017 but still under consideration,
    7)Fiat's compact MPV by mid 2017 but still under consideration,
    8)Giancarlo Bertoldi,Head of engineering,Fiat(Asia Pacific) views on product develpoments for Indian market.He seems to consider light-weighting of the cars.

I believe the sturdiness is not altered in their lightweight philosophy which is one of their main USPs.The attached one page article will give a detailed information:).

DSC_2556.jpg
  9. pv_krish

pv_krish Regolare

Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I want to believe what this news says. Hope these are not speculations like before.

I feel launching 1.5 engine in 2016 is a bit too late. It should be launched early next year in my opinion
    multijetter likes this.
  10. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Doesnt it works good for FIAT if it manufactures 1.5 here itself? I mean, it can sell in good numbers to Maruti and Tata like 1.3 for a different segment cars. This way more revenue for FIAL and i hope then atleast they bring in more marketing and benefits on the product end.
    prabhjot likes this.