1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Future Plans

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Dec 6, 2012.

1. pv_krish

pv_krish Regolare

Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I think there was a plan already for the fiat 500L to compete in the segment. Not sure when that would make into India.
  2. drknaresh

drknaresh Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    I think Fiat 500 L is a different platform and its fianacially viable option if they use the existing platform
  3. sreedhara_bj

sreedhara_bj Amatore

Bangalore
    Fiat Abarth 500 launch during festive season at INR 24 lakhs

This is what reported -

"According to a report on Zig Wheels, Fiat India plans to launch the Abarth 500 during the festive season time of October-November this year. The report points to an estimated price of INR 22-24 lakhs for the performance hot-hatch.The Abarth 500 is powered by a 1.4-liter T-Jet engine producing 135-140 hp (depending on the gearbox chosen) and 206 Nm of torque. The Abarth 500 accelerates from 0-100 km/h in 7.9 seconds and achieves a top-speed of 205 km/h."
  4. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Until it is confirmed by Fiat India, I see all these reports from the online media as mere speculation. :)
  5. mnranjeeth

mnranjeeth Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Some news about the Avventura from fiat: Fiat India to Export Avventura after India Launch - Motoroids.com

<quote>
    </quote></quote>
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2014
  6. pv_krish

pv_krish Regolare

Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Even if it is from FIAT, it cannot be confirmed until we see it happening :)
    3 people like this.
  7. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

I am not sure about India but I have been keeping a close eye on FCA's North American progress & vehicle launches. Let me tell you, some amazing things are happening there.

For now, After Jeep Cherokee, Chrysler have now launched it's new D-Seg. vehicle 2015 Chrysler 200 to compete to the likes of Accord/Camry/Fusion/..... This is biggest segment of US and constitute about 30% of total US vehicles sales. Chrysler's offering was pretty outdated to latest offering by other, was more of a fleet player... Much like When we compare the sales of Mahindra Logan to Swift Dezire. Both in sales wise and consumer perception, one is only a typical taxi where other one is a True Family hauler (according to people, not me. According to me Dezhhire is anything but a Family Hauler!!).

I can't resist posting a few pics of this beauty... very understated like an Audi but complete Sophistication from bumper to bumper. It's not just about looks but some great technologies, engines and Platform (derived from Alfa Romeo obviously). Nice touches like 8 inch touch for vehicle controls, beautiful instrument cluster, high grade material used all around in interior, rotary gear shifter (like Range rover/Jaguar), 9 Speed ZF automatic bla bla.. It absolutely blows every other car out of water (well most of them except Ford Fusion!). Initial road test are bang on and will be on sale from 2nd Quarter. Let's see how Americans react to it.

For your information, Honda sells around 200-300 accords in India and we see in newspapers how popular it is in India. Guess, how many Accords have been sold in US during last year... only 4,00,000. Camry/Fusion too is very close. Can you imagine every popular D-seg. car selling 30000-40000/month and Chrysler with 13% of US share, still to have a proper offering in this class. If this would only sell decent as compared to others, chrysler will be on 7th cloud!!
    2015-Chrysler-200S-dash-guages.jpg 005-2015-chrysler-200-leak-1.jpg 15chrysler200_rearlt1.jpg 2015-Chrysler-200-2.jpg 2015-Chrysler-200-Leaked-2.jpg 2015-Chrysler-200-spied-rear-three-quarter.jpg 2015-200C.jpg 2015-chrysler-200-new-redesign-sedan-compact-v6-awd-redesigned-detroit-auto-show.jpg 2015-chrysler-200-sedan-new-detroit-auto-show-midsize-awd-v6-inline-four-.jpg 2015-chrysler-200_100452636_l.jpg 2015-chrysler-200s-photo-564554-s-1280x782.jpg 2015_Chrysler_200_Int-668.jpg
    6 people like this.
  8. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    It looks good but I am very much skeptical about the steering feedback of Chrysler cars. While in US, I rented a Chrysler 200 and I have to say it has got dead steering. Very much like Hyundai Verna'ish. I felt better with my 7 year old Civic at that time.
  9. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Agree Ramjn, Not only Steering, everything in Chrysler vehicles was rubbish. But When I talk about new products like Jeep Cherokee or 200 based on Alfa Romeo Giulietta, Steering doesn't remain same. Giulietta had a new breakthrough which has revolutionized auto-industry in 2009 in terms of steering, patented at that time. It's already a Go-cart, a vehicle extremely biased towards handling, steering is it's best feature. Most of German & British Auto-makers have started mimicking that (Even Porsche!). To induce more organic feeling and life into dud electronic steering by nature, they mounted an extra motor on to the steering rack which enhances feeling akin to a Hydraulic steering. Don't worry, None of the FIAT based Chrysler vehicles lack anything. They are segment leaders, however, it's a matter of acceptance. American automakers like GM/Ford/Chrysler had problem in convincing common crowd on their reliability part as compared to imports, same has improved in last decade.

Do you know that Chrysler sales have Tripled in last 4 yrs??? Lol!! We are not talking about a company that was selling 1 lac vehicle but now it is selling 3 lacs. Chrysler Sales dropped to around 7,00,000/annum in 2008-09 which might end up at 2 million this year in US alone! I am not joking. Check it's 2009 sales stats when it filed the bankruptcy.... FIAT has done a wonderful job, sure they haven't done anything bad to their own good here. Let me post one random review of Chrysler 200 below...

On the exquisite, twisting ribbons of California's Highway 1 north of San Francisco the new Chrysler leapt around turns with only minor body roll, and the tires maintained their composure well into the margins of sane driving regardless of whether it was a front-drive I-4 or AWD V6 getting flogged. It's no Lotus, but for drivers accustomed to the flaccid steering of a Camry the new 200 will feel like a sports sedan.

Read more: http://www.autoweek.com/article/20140322/carreviews/140319771#ixzz2xBiNfJGB

Last edited: Mar 27, 2014
  10. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore
    No offense and as a FIAT owner love to see good news about FIAT

In Reality, 2008 we had Lehman crisis and now market at all time highs. How was Honda sales in 2008 and how it is now. This might give some good insights to sales numbers.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Nice pictures there, I am waiting for Avventure, need a diesel :)