1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Future Plans

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Dec 6, 2012.

1. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Having Fiat dealership doesn't ensure that the same dealer will get to open a Jeep dealership too. This is clear from the following post from Adit:

Last edited: Jan 15, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  2. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Going by the fantastic track record of Fiat India, even they don't know the "When". When Mr. Enrico was around I could see amount of positive vibes but don't seem to get anything from the new leadership. As someone else quote in this forum Fiat will only increase the discount to 1.5L and keep selling the old cars.
    4 people like this.
  3. DCpunto

DCpunto Novizio

Hyderabad
    With such huge discounts going around, selling only 700 cars is pretty bad.

1) Atleast get a lighter Punto for petrol, try to get ARAI 19+, Punto 1.2 active OTR in Hyderabad is less than Wagon R VXI, but its not selling, one major reason is Mileage. You cannot live just on Diesel, market is slowly shifting towards petrol cars.
    2) Get Punto 1.4 Tjet, with 0-100 in less than 10 secs, I know its not going to fly. but people will discuss about it and FIAT may gain because of increased foot fall/Test drives like FORD because of ECOSPORT.
    3) FIATs are very cheap to Maintain, advertise it. My cousin's SWIFT VDI with same ODO as me spent around 25K for servicing, I spent only 13K till now.
    1 person likes this.
  4. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
  5. abhiiceman

abhiiceman Amatore

Bangalore
    by the time they react itll be too little too late...:A though fiat india didnt hav any plans to launch that 500(MPV) they should have done it as it is the perfect time to compete with ertiga..now honda will launch their brio inspired mPV , now that they have diesel engine its gonna be pretty hard to stop them..atleast they should launch the new punto(evo) with kimi raikkonen as the brand ambassador :dance atleast then people would be excited about the fiat india..
  6. Imteeyaz

Imteeyaz Amatore

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
  7. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

This is B-seg. Jeep's mini SUV that is coming to India (Original post "Quattroroute"), is more on the sfootsteps of Panda 4X4. It will be a thorough advanced vehicle, great off road capability with Fiat's Diesel for Europe and India, new ZF's 9 speed automatic & an optional 4 Wheel Drive, they are using in C-seg 's Jeep Cherokee. If India doesn't get that, may be twin clutch & 5-6 Manual. This is the vehicle that Jeep wants to use as their Indian debut. I think, they rightly delayed their launches, selling 100-200 wranglers and GC per month make no sense. FIAT/Chrysler need a volume product and this Baby Jeep could be just that! Expect 2015....

News:

Italian car site Quattroruote has once again run spy shots of what it believes to be the upcoming mini-Jeep, destined to be built in Italy.
    The car, engineered on at least three continents, is loosely based on the Fiat 500X, with which it was co-developed; however, like Cherokee, it is expected to have much greater ground clearance and better approach and departure angles than its relatives.
    As yet un-named, though once thought to be tagged “Jeepster,” the new vehicle will likely carry a Fiat diesel in Europe and India, and a Chrysler four-cylinder gasoline engine in North America; early reports suggested these would be coupled to a nine-speed automatic with an optional all wheel drive system. bu.jpg
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2014
    3 people like this.
  8. Imteeyaz

Imteeyaz Amatore

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
  9. Onthemove

Onthemove

bangalore
    Punto A(dv)venture and new Linea

I had been to Vecto Motors,bangalore for the service of my Punto and spoke to their CRM Sharma and asked him of the future plans. He was tight lipped and finally when pushed said that there are 2 new cars getting ready for launch by March 2014 which would be showcased in Auto Expo 2014. The first one being the new linea (not sure about the engines 1.3/1.6) and the Punto A(dv)venture. Also they were preparing a new training plan for the technicians and had the schedule ready for January-Feb-March periods(not sure if this is a refresher or for the new cars that are getting launched).

He also said that they are opening a new showroom on Mysore Road, Bangalore which will reduce travel time for customers from the southern part of the city (Jayanagar, Basavanagudi).

Regards
    OntheMove.
    4 people like this.
  10. multijetter

multijetter Regolare

Mumbai
    38213d1357883241-fiat-india-future-plans-fiat-upcoming-cars-india.jpg

I think the "Spacial Models" will be 1.4 Tjet for Punto & 1.6 MJD for Linea::T