1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Future Plans

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Do fiat is really thinking about Future Plans?
    See Renault,Nissan way ahead from Fiat.
    Two models since 4 years and later launching again the same model with name Classic Linea.
    2014 Classic punto lol.

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 6030D using Tapatalk
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2013
  2. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    They should launch it. Just to prove that they are serious. But if they cannot sell respectable numbers then that again will spell disaster.
  3. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Fiat IMO should have launched the Panda atleast a year gao. This could have been thier entry level offering which could have salvaged Fiat sagging fortunes. Fiat hasnt been able to understand the Indian market as yet. Entry level cars make or break the brand. Look at Alto, Eon/Santro/i10 etc. These products started building the market presence for their manufacturers, Fiat suddently wanted their presence felt in the premium hactback segments and ignored the primary customer. I hope they soon realize Indian customer believe in only two things 1) Kitna leti hai (Whats the cost) 2) Kitna deti hai (whats the fuel efficiency)?
    1 person likes this.
  4. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    It's a funny yet apt way to put it ghodlur :p. The Kitna leti hai would translate to total cost of ownership, and also how much the car takes from the peace of mind perspective. :evilsmile
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2013
  5. jackharrisw

jackharrisw Amatore

Chennai
    I am one Indian who doesn't believe in 'Kitna deti hai' concept. Having said that, no cars from Fiat's current line up impresses me as much as Punto,Linea, Bravo, Viaggio and 500X.All other cars like 500L, Panda, Uno look too boxy and seriously lack Italian seductive design. There is no news till date whether FIAT 127 will be launched in any part of the world.This car is a looker and has a good potential.Also, with the heritage they possess, FIAT seriously lack D and D+segment cars(besides Viaggio), that can compete with the likes of Jetta, Passat, Superb,Camry and Accord. Where's the brand FIAT Regata, FIAT 1300, FIAT Brava, FIAT 124, FIAT Dino, FIAT Marea, FIAT Tempra, FIAT Bertone, FIAT 124 Spider, FIAT 2300 ???? FIAT didn't care a damn in reviving these beautiful products which could have raised it's brand value. Leave beside Fiat India's future plan, what is FIAT World's future plan???
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2013
    2 people like this.
  6. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Pune
    Apart from viaggio there is freemont for d segment. But seriously when will we Indian get those beauties ???at the end of their life in those countries??

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
  7. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    Seriously I agree with you. Its time Fiat realizes that it is not the way the car market in India works nowadays. In fact, India is getting the releases faster than one would have thought and in some cases, the launch is also done in India before the world gets it. See the way the recent upstart like Nissan has done. If you see their showroom, there is display of full range and even the bigger showrooms are full of display and you will get an impression that here is as serious player with a full range. Fiat keeps saying we have this, we have that,,,etc but where is it and when it will come is the question on the mind of people, a whole bunch of them who are waiting to upgrade.

Abdul
    1 person likes this.
  8. multijetter

multijetter Regolare

Mumbai
  9. multijetter

multijetter Regolare

Mumbai
    I am happy to see fiat in the exhibitor's list :clapping

Auto Expo

But there is no separate space for JEEP, I think fiat will showcase them in their existing stall.

Fiat should introduce some new models, because they are expanding their network, increasing dealers and Service Centers. So, these dealers and Service centers can not survive with this sales conditions and only with two cars. I think there is more pressure on Fiat for new models to boost sales along with Linea and Punto Upgrade.

In this case if any dealer(s) will give up their dealership due to loss, it will be very problematic for Fiat.

I think we will be able to see in auto expo:-

1. Linea upgrade
    2. Punto Upgrade
    3. Punto Abarth
    4. Mini SUV (Only Showcase)
    5. Small Car (Only Showcase)
  10. mnranjeeth

mnranjeeth Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Does anyone have any information on the new punto?
    Would it be the punto evo and would it be announced at the auto expo?
    Considering the big discounts that fiat is giving currently, I think the launch might be coming soon! :)