1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Future Plans

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    1 person likes this.
  2. multijetter

multijetter Regolare

Now a days, I don't think Indian consumers are thinking so much about service, spares, Resale value.

Today there is only one formula

Average Service+Top Quality+World Class product+Youth Appealing+Superb Design+Affordable = 5000 Units/Month :mrgreen:
    1 person likes this.
  3. Hmm, I did not understand which product/company you are referring to.

No car maker in India has all the 6 points covered.
  4. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Only two cars come to my mind which can fulfill the said criteria
    1) MS Swift
    2) Hyudai i20.

Both have seen sales of 5k+. The other one which defies all the above but still manages those number is MS Dzire.
  5. bharath

bharath Regolare

I think he meant to say "one of the formulas" that is sure of a "HIT". Ecosport is one such example to me.[[Though it has average plastics ,costly Ford after sales&spares ,people would still adjust to it when considering the overall package,appeal, freshness and character of the vehicle]]
    1 person likes this.
  6. multijetter

multijetter Regolare

Eco sport and Duster are two big examples are there.

Fiat should launch 500x with improved quality and affordable price.
  7. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

I think that both ecosport and duster were initially a hit but now the sales of both the vehicles have subsided. Since fiat is already facing issues with sales bringing another product like 500X will be a risk. In my opinion fiat should bring an affordable diesel hatch something like I10 grand but at a cheaper price...

How about refreshed palio?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
  8. Gaurav Chakraborty

Gaurav Chakraborty Amatore

New Delhi
    500x???as much as i know 500x is not even released in international markets and most probably gonna released by next year end. Then how its gonna launch in india?
    1 person likes this.
  9. acechip

acechip Superiore

On a lighter note, I am actually beginning to wonder- where would Fiat India's business interests lead to in case the present (UPA) government does not return for a 3rd term.
    Because I really do not think Fiat SpA has a huge amount of interest in India operations- and seem to be leaving the Fiat India JV to fend for itself- unlike the support that a Honda or a VW or Hyundai is receiving from the parent.
    Agreed they are launching the dealerships etc, but how long can they sustain a 2-model game? They really dont seem to be concentrating on a mass market winner specifically for India. Punto Evo/Abarth or Linea 1.MJD are NOT going to be mass sellers-you can take that in writing from me, although they may garner the typical 750-1000 type volumes per month. About the Jeeps- we all know their super-niche category.

Where is Fiat's 5000 units pm vehicle ??
    The other day, as I was stepping out of the Nissan showroom ( during my Micra CVT purchase proceedings) I met a college friend of mine whose in-laws were looking at a C2 sedan option and had just examined the Sunny and Vento. Since I had the TJet with me, they chanced upon a short drive to get a feel of the TJet which I gladly obliged. And they did seem to be really interested !! Not only about the interiors but the ride quality and solidity, which they felt to be much superior to Sunny.
    And of course I was explaining all the good things about the TJet. They were also planning to look at Etios but I opined that it simply wasnt in the same league. (My wife remarked later that I did a better job than a Fiat salesman would ever do). I hope this converts to a purchase provided Fiat dealer doesnt sc@@ up :) .Would be glad to help add to the tribe.
    But where is this passion within Fiat India ?
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2013
  10. limraj

limraj Superiore

Linea 1.3
    You are a real FIAT fan :cool: