1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Future Plans

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    Thanx a lot for this news Jishnu but 2014 second quarter launch is too far away.FIAT should & must bring Auto gearbox.ESP & Cruise Control will be a segment first feature for LINEA i think.Punto Evo launch in late 2014 or 2015 is not a good news to hear.ABARTH is not launching in March 2014?
  2. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    guess most TFIans would have got confused as to what is this "kala kala type bumpers"!
    If the news is true then thats the 'punto adventure'!!

an older post from same thread:
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2013
  3. multijetter

multijetter Regolare

Mumbai
    Fiat is taking more time than expected to launch new products, they should launch some high quality cars like Viaggio. But instead of that they are degrading their present car on sale. Personally I am not happy with the launch of Linea Classic. I own Linea Emotion, I bought this car for its image, and Fiat by their own act, damaging the image of this beautiful car.

Everybody knows, Chevrolet got their true success in India with the launch of Cruze. VW brought their higher quality cars like Passat and jetta before launching Polo. Same with Skoda, Nissan, etc. The company should launch some exiciting and costlier cars, and then they should launch economical range of cars after building their Brand image. So it will be easy to convince customers about the quality and reliability of their economical range of products.

It is my personal opinion...
    6 people like this.
  4. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    It's the Punto Evo. It has black cladding on both front and rear bumpers. I hope they don't launch the one with a chrome grill in the front.
  5. Vikrant Joshi

Vikrant Joshi Regolare

Pune

I really hope they don't get the Punto Evo version! They should launch the latest Punto model without the chrome grill. :(
  6. krismask

krismask Amatore

Chennai
    Came across this article today about Fiat Linea 2014 model expected to be launched by end of this year. Let hope this launch will also contribute to their growth gradually in Indian Market.

"One of the main changes expected to be featured in the upcoming Linea would be the rear number plate, which was earlier mounted on the bumper, will be now present on the boot lid. Reports have stated that there would be several changes in the new Linea like new grille at front, modified bumpers, reworked reflectors and an altered headlight. As confirmed by the sources, the tail light of the updated Linea would be same as the current generation model. Coming at the interiors of the new car, the next generation model of Linea is likely to get a new dashboard with brilliantly illuminated instrument panel. The centre console of New Linea is also expected to be redesigned, which will offer a warm welcome to its occupants. Interestingly, the air conditioner vents, audio system and the control dials will be now separated from each other."

----->Source
  7. Onthemove

Onthemove

bangalore
    Was at FIAT Vecto Motors bangalore, because a rear door locking issue and was speaking to the service manager over there..

I asked him about the future plans of FIAT (new linea, punto abarth, 1.6 MJD etc) and was told there was no communication w.r.to any new vehicles or new engines being launched at least for the next 6-9 months.
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2013
  8. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    If you have spoken to MR Chanabassappa, Let me tell you he wont utter a thing! ;)

Another piece of Info, Multijet II in 2014 Linea's and with an output of 98Hp and 218Nm of torque. This has almost 30% better NHV levels than our MJD and it does have 8 Spray cycle as compared to the MJD's 5 spray cycle. The Jeeps will be serviced through Fiat Service Centers. Just for a relief, a new Service Center will be Up on Mysore road in 2 months.
  9. shannu

shannu

Hyderabad
    great News.. Hope Fiat will succeed in Indian Market..:dance
  10. Onthemove

Onthemove

bangalore
    Cool!!...That's great news....I m eager to see all these launches happening and see FIAT succeed..........

BTW i spoke to Mr.Sharma if i remember correctly.