1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Future Plans

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    ^^ No Cinju, the small car will be a brand new car.
    1 person likes this.
  2. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    I don't mention the point 2 and 4 as these are not required immediately ( within 2013) :).

I am not sure they will launch Turkey Linea in India as New Linea ( it's nothing different than current Linea in India, but looks are ugly from front).
    But I heard that Viaggio will be launched as Linea in Europe and other country. So this may be the reason they need current Linea as Classic Linea.

Viaggio with 1.6 MJD will compete as New Linea with 120 BHP VGT and 1.4 TJET ( currently as china). For TJET if they can launch 150 BHP as performance car will be good.

And Fiat please don't bring EPS same as China model, launch the above with HPS only.
  3. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    @Ravi you mean to say that they are developing one for India alone ?
  4. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    2 people like this.
  5. nk4FIAT

nk4FIAT Superiore

Hyderabad
    Good News and now Official. Read in today's Hindu.
    So Fiat is moving on slowly but firmly. Waiting for our beloved brand to fight for top 1-2-3-4 positions after few years.

Attached Files:

6. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Though FIAT has plans to bring in the 1.6 - 1.9 Litre engine to be assembled in Rajangoan India there is a long queue of competitors like Suzuki, Tata, Chevrolet, Premier and others eying this segment and trying to negotiate with FIAT for less on bulk orders with competition from VW on supplying engines to them
  7. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    At least TATA and GM has their own diesel engines. It will be tougher for Suzuki to enter. They have a very bad reputation of unsuccessful in 10L+ segment.
    It will be simply a FIAT- VW competition.
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2012
  8. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    There will be no 1.9 Multijet. Internationally it has been superceded by the new 2.0 Multijet.
  9. Hurricane

Hurricane Amatore

Hyderabad.
    Soo excited to learn that Fiat is planning to launch Abarth and other models in India. This sure has been in the news for a while. Cant wait for the official launch and specs. :dancing
  10. Sunith

Sunith Amatore

Hope they also have plans to sell the Abarth accessories for the existing Punto owners. :-D
    As far as i see it will be better if Fiat sells the Abarth through a separate channel (Something like Fiat Performance).