1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Future Plans

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Ichimaru

Ichimaru Regolare

Gurgaon, India
    I wish FIAT launches the Viaggio here by first half of 2015 with the 2L MJD and 6 speed GB. It would be a perfect upgrade from my current 2 year old Punto Emotion. What a mean machine the Viaggio is! With the 2L MJD it should eat the cruze for breakfast! All considering that 1 year down the line I would have enough salary to afford one :D
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2013
  2. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    If they have a Viaggio in pipe-line, for sure my bext upgrade will be It, or else will be forced to land on T-Jet
  3. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    Let me confirm a few things. Got the news from a Top Level Fiat Employee.

The New Versions will out by 2014 Second quarter. They are under going reliability tests which is atleast 160000 Kms. They have Done 40000Kms each. The Facelift will get the 93Ps MJD as well as the 105Ps 1.6 MJD. The cars will be priced higher and maybe a segment shift too. They are taking feedbacks from customers all around India who own Fiat Vehicles. New Versions will come with new Interiors and 6 Speed Gearbox. Automatic still not yet decided. ESP and Cruise Control to be standard.

New Punto Evo expected as well. Most probably 90Hp to be standard. But launch maybe in 2014 end or 2015. No Idea about ABARTH what so ever.

New Punto has "Kala kala type bumpers and black 2014 Linea Interiors" he mentions.

Thats all i've got..
    10 people like this.
  4. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    By then, VW and Maruti and Hyundai might have launched various exciting models, so FIAT with 1.6 looks old sadly :(
    1 person likes this.
  5. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    Some of the people here drive 100HP Palios that were launched a decade ago. About time Fiat took that route now when the market is ripe.
    1 person likes this.
  6. ^^ That was ahead of time, this is very late in time.
    1 person likes this.
  7. Ichimaru

Ichimaru Regolare

Gurgaon, India
    Why can't they go all out now! Launch the New Linea with 1.6 VGT (120 PS & 360 NM?) once and for all along with current TJET. Launch Viaggio with 2.0 MJD and and TJET with 150 PS or 165 PS power rating.
  8. ^^
    FIAT tired ahead of time strategy and failed. FIAT is trying Late In Time strategy which would also fail.
  9. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Abarth is going to be a distant dream now :(
  10. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    Why? Is it not being launched in India?