1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Future Plans

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Dec 6, 2012.

1. vipinpradeep

vipinpradeep Amatore

malappuram,kerala
    it would be better to not share the 1.6mjd engine with any other brands...or they will take advantage of it...eventhough they have fiat's engine...the driving experience is not upto that of linea or punto..im not saying this as im a fiat owner..but i couldnt feel that stability,handling,perfect tyre size required,styling and comfort in any of those cars...linea can play a bigger game with the new 1.6 mjd.

- - - Merged Post - - -

i just now happend to see an article regarding fiat viaggio in a wesite stating that its reay for china..and it is said to symbolize an ideal journey between Italy and China, evoking the experience of “living life to the fullest with passion and style.” the dimensions and feature are there..im posting the link here..

http://www.autotribute.com/15048/fiat-viaggio-china-pictures-details/
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2013
  2. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

As long as Fiat makes fatter margins on engine sharing when compared to their cars, they wouldn't mind sharing the engine. At the end of the day they just want business.
  3. pemmasg

pemmasg Regolare

Chennai
    I was just thinking[speculating??] about how 1.6MJD will land in India. As we haven't seen any Linea 1.6MJD is being tested in India it suggests that the current testing vehicle could be either 1.3MJD or TJet. In that case I am just wondering whether Fiat would launch the new linea with 1.3MJD in early 2014 followed by 1.6 in 2nd or 3rd quarter of 2014. But this theory of mine is not supported by the "future plans" schedule.
    As there is quite long period for the actual launch I am going to have a tough time with my idle mind :confused:

Regards
    Gopi
  4. mayank

mayank Amatore

Ugly? :eek: I am one of those eagerly waiting for 500L to launch in india, which we all know is also based on fiat 500. Its such an artistic design which is a mix of retro+modern concept. It will be a major trump card for fiat if they launch it here in india anytime soon. Also 500X i believe is any day better, curvier and sportier then ecosport, duster etc. But No offence as everybody has different point of view,tastes and choices. :) Its just that, its a bit hard to take 500 platform as an "ugly" concept. Some models may "wear the same platform better than the other", like in the case of fluidic verna and I20, i10. :p
    1 person likes this.
  5. rudresh

rudresh Regolare

Hyderabad, India
  6. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune
    9gwalior%20db%20star-pg6-0.jpg

Not sure whether this is for India or not
    1 person likes this.
  7. multijetter

multijetter Regolare

Mumbai
    pls share link to read, this is not readable..
  8. vipinpradeep

vipinpradeep Amatore

malappuram,kerala
    i speculate that fiat will continue linea classic with 75ps 1.3mjd and may launch the facelifted linea with the 93ps 1.3mjd and later in 2015 or later they may launch the viaggio with 1.6 mjd in the c segment to compete with cruze,corolla,fluidic elantra etc..
  9. Ichimaru

Ichimaru Regolare

Gurgaon, India
    Aren't cruze, corolla etc D segment sedans? Linea is C+ while desire etc are C.
  10. saptarshi.goswami

saptarshi.goswami Novizio

Pune
    Linea 2014 will have AT and cruise control for sure.... revealed by internal sources....For MJD 1.6 still nothing decided as of now.